• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Chesnaught V / Eldegross - Any help is appreciated

RuskeD

Aspiring Trainer
Hello folks!

Yeah i know, Chesnaught is not competitive is this meta but I like the concept of it.

"Bring me down and I might take you with me"

Strategy:
- Most of the time I'm going to get as much Chesnaught into play as possible (3 is optimal)
- Eldegross + Gardenia for accelerate energy placement on my Chesnaughts
- Kricketune V: draw card
- Kricketune: supporter pokemon for extra hp paired with cape of toughness which gives chesnaught +90hp
- Most of trainer cards: get chesnaught asap and switch whenever in need of doing so.

My opinion:
The deck looks fine but lacks a second attacker imo to defeat meta decks like Lugia and Mew
Sometimes I find myself stuck at the beginning of a match because I dont get enough resources to get at least 1 chesnaught...

Pokémon: 6
1 Kricketune ASR 10
1 Kricketot ASR 9
1 Kricketune V BST 6
2 Gossifleur EVS 15
4 Chesnaught V SIT 15
2 Eldegoss EVS 16

Trainer: 18
1 Bird Keeper DAA 159
1 Hisuian Heavy Ball ASR 146
3 Turffield Stadium CPA 68
2 Ordinary Rod SSH 171
3 Quick Ball SSH 179
3 Gardenia's Vigor ASR 143
3 Switch SSH 183
1 Air Balloon SSH 156
2 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
4 Battle VIP Pass FST 225
3 Cape of Toughness DAA 160
2 Professor's Research SHF 60
4 Level Ball BST 129
2 Marnie SSH 169
1 Big Parasol DAA 157
1 Escape Rope BST 125
1 Pokégear 3.0 SSH 174
1 Avery CRE 130

Energy: 2
9 Basic {G} Energy Energy 18
2 V Guard Energy SIT 169

Total Cards: 60

EspeonMaster

Aspiring Trainer
I have been playing Chesnaught V at my in person league and it is super fun. I run a very different list and hadn't considered Kricketune V which is neat. I'll just share some thoughts:

-I like 1 or 2 copies of Forest Seal Stone. You can even attach to your Kricketune V so it doesn't impede on Chesnaught V getting Cape. Can get you out of a situation in a pinch.
-I run Radiant Tsareena and a few Switch Carts to constantly be pulling the Chesnaughts out of active to let them heal. I know bench space is a big issue in this deck and this may only work because I don't run either of the Kricketunes.
-I think you can cut a few level balls since you are running Turffield, vip pass, and quick ball already
-I think you can cut the Scoop Up Nets. You have plenty of switch cards and air balloon and the space can be used for something else
-Consider Serena. You don't have any gusting cards and it can help you fix a dead hand