• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

CharKen LV.X (Charizard G-Blaziken FB) Seniors,Any

WhimsicalBox

Herp Derp
Pokemon: 18
3-1 Charizard G LV.X
2-1 Blaziken FB LV.X
2-1 Heatran LV.X
2 Uxie
1 Azelf
2 Smeargle UD
1 Bronzong G
2 Crobat G
1 Unown Q

T/S/S: 29
4 Cyrus’s Conspiracy
4 Energy Gain
3 Poketurn
2 Power Spray
3 Sp Radar
1 Palmer’s Contribution
1 Aaron’s Collection
1 Luxury Ball
2 Bebe’s Search
2 Professor Oak’s New Theory
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Level Max/Premier Ball
2 Warp Point
2 Snowpoint Temple

Energy: 13
4 DCE
9 Fire Energy

Strategy: Set up a Blaziken T1 or T2 for early game and potential charizard down time, by T3 I should have three energy’s down, meaning with 2 fire, a DCE, and an E-gain I can call for power onto Charizard G so he can start attacking. If I flip tails, Heatran LV.X will let me return two fire energy to charizard, so if I call for power or attach another DCE he can keep hitting. The snowpoint temple would only be played after Charizard is active, as he’s hitting for 150 damage it doesn’t put anything important out of his knockout range, and it gives him 20 extra health. Considering running a 2-2 Charizard so i can call for power energies off my active. No one in my area really runs machamp, but I do need a tech for it.

i think your deck will be having problems with consistency. setting up 3 lv.x on the field with less resources will be a sure problem assuming level max is flippy and premier ball becomes crucial in the long run not to mention both charizard G lv.x and heatran LV.x has a serious downfall in terms of retreat cost. i suggest if maybe, you can find your way to making your attackers be more flexible in going in and out of the active spot and be more speedy at the same time because fast decks out there might alter your set up. lastly, give your deck recovery because if your charizard dies you'll be burning again lots of cards to set it up and even with blaziken FB lv.x active you'll have a hard time doing your purpose.

- 1 bronzong G *youre already utilizing call for power*
- 2 smeargle *your giving easy prize for opponent or a dead draw if you dont play this early*
- 1 e.gain *think its over kill*

+ 2 energy exchanger
+ 2 interviewers question

i suggest them since youre relying heavy on DCE and you cant just wait to manually draw it. they can allow you more openings for energy search. thats my 2 cents.

Nice deck, and I love the idea, unfortunately this deck will be very slow. It will take you a minimum of 3 turns to energy up(T1 Fire, T2 Fire, T3 DCE/E-Gain) and will be a whole other matter to get Heatran X out. Like Aishen has already mentioned, Level Max is very flippy, where you'd otherwise burn Warp Points/Warp Energy to get Heatran back to the bench.

The only way that I can think of to make this deck work is to ditch Blaziken alltogether and add Electivire FB X. Use Engineer's Adjustments to discard DCE/Fire NRG, and then utilize Rayquaza LA to Speed Gain/ Energy Recycle energy back. This will help consistency in the long run and, ultimately, speed of set up.

So, here's what you should do:
-2-1 Blaziken FB Lv. X
+2-1 Electivire FB Lv. X
- 2-1 Heatran X
+ 3 Engineer's Adjustments
-2 Level Max/Premier Ball
+ 2 {L} NRG

The problem with electivire is that to get him set up and benched is just about as difficult as heatran. In addition to this, every time I flip tails I have to wait a turn to attack again. I personally think I would be better off teching in a ninetales, as opposed to using engineer's adjusments, as cyrus's conspiracy is key. Also, when would I ever want to attack with electivire? I would never want to spend a turn attaching electric energy instead of fire or DCE. I agree that level max is flippy, but both electivire and heatran are really just bench sitters.

i second the electivire FB lv.x idea compared to heatran X, electivire is more usable than heatran. vire can be poketurned to return into the hand with ease the next turn whereas heatran X have problem in going back to the bench. chances are it stocks up there and becomes a sacrificial fodder. and i assume the ninetales you were saying is the UL one, if thats the card then its the same as electivire you'll be waiting next turn aswell. the rayquaza is also mandatory in running a charizard G deck so i suggest adding 1 there

When would you ever want to attack with Electivire FB? Have you even read it's attack?? Powerful Spark is AMAZING with all the energy you run, plus DCE counts as 2.....AND it can be poke-turned...Heatran can't. Electivire is also a tech against your weakness, mainly Gyarados. Electivire is more your second attacker, not just a tech.

The final thing that makes Electivire amazing compared with Heatran is that it can get your DCE back, which means you'll have more survivability late game, rather than relying on 1 drop energies.

Back