Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
PTCGO has revealed the three Charizard promos that will be included in the “Sword & Shield Ultra Premium Collection!”

Charizard-V-Promo-144x200.jpg

Charizard-VMAX-Promo-144x200.jpg

Charizard-VSTAR-Promo-144x200.jpg

As we posted a few months ago, the collection will release on October 28th for $119.99. It will come with…

3 etched foil promo cards: Charizard V, Charizard VMAX, and Charizard VSTAR
1 playmat featuring Gigantamax Charizard
65 card sleeves featuring Gigantamax Charizard
1 metal coin featuring Gigantamax Charizard
6 metal damage-counter dice
2 metal condition markers
1 acrylic VSTAR marker
16 Pokemon TCG booster packs from the Sword & Shield Series
A player’s guide to the entire Sword & Shield Series
A code card for Pokemon TCG Live...

Continue reading...

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Grab your pitchforks! Grab your torches! Say what you will about Charizard, how outrageous this whole thing is, whatever par-for-the-course whatnot happens anytime this Pokemon gets mentioned.

But you can't deny that these have some fantastic artwork.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
i know this isn't a surprise coming from me but if i weren't typing on the toilet, I'd have dropped to my knees from exhsustion after seeing this. In sword and shield alone we've had:
-3 shiny charizard cards (with another reportedly on the way)
-2 different versions of a charizard v card
-2 different charizard V-Evolution cards
-3 different sets featuring charizard on pack arts
-a set based on Arceus that apparently needeed charizard to sell it initially (brilliant stars)
-is now getting THREE more alternate artworks on top of his BST alt art card

and all of this is AFTER sun and moon, in which charizard:
-was on the pack art of Hidden Fates
-had a shiny gx in hidden fates
-had a figure released in a box with an alt art
-was featured in a set alongside a much more unique and underrated Fire Dragon, while also inadvertently being the selling point of said set (not the literal box art legendary who was also a fire-breathing dragon, weirdly enough)
-was not only featured on two fire type-Tag Team GX cards, BUT THE *ONLY* TWO FIRE TYPE TAG TEAM GXes.

oh and let's not forget X and Y where charizard, for SOME REASON, got FOUR mega Evolution cards.

🤮

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
i know this isn't a surprise coming from me but if i weren't typing on the toilet, I'd have dropped to my knees from exhsustion after seeing this. In sword and shield alone we've had:
-a set based on Arceus that apparently needeed charizard to sell it initially (brilliant stars)

-was featured in a set alongside a much more unique and underrated Fire Dragon, while also inadvertently being the selling point of said set (not the literal box art legendary who was also a fire-breathing dragon, weirdly enough)
-was not only featured on two fire type-Tag Team GX cards, BUT THE *ONLY* TWO FIRE TYPE TAG TEAM GXes.

oh and let's not forget X and Y where charizard, for SOME REASON, got FOUR mega Evolution cards.

🤮
Don't forget to wash your hand and flush the toilet.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer

🤮
You forgot about Lance's Charizard V.

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
I'm not even mad that these will be getting the usual Zard treatment in the market, because these are the kinds of cards that HAVE that exclusive feel to them, as if they should be owned by only the most wealthy art lovers and put in a gallery. It's clear how much the art team is aware of the Charizard effect/dilemma/hype, because this is the kind of art that can live up to the hype and perhaps justify the scalping, if only a little bit! Beautiful, beautiful cards all around here!

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
What do you guys think of this scenario: Charizard is popular. TPC/TPCi are fully aware of scalpers, therefore by charging a price of $120 it would discourage scalpers all while knowing this product will sell due to Charizard popularity. $120 is very pricey. It feels as that TPC/TPCi is taking advantage of the situation.