• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Charizard (Seniors, Cities)

Empoleafeon

Aspiring Trainer
(Edit -- forgot to write my age division, it's seniors)

My Charizard Deck for Cities (and maybe states if Lost World doesn't come out). I would ike constructive critisism, but I don't want any "Charizard in general is a bad deck" type of posts or "you're a bad deckbuilder" (I have barely tested this deck).

Pokemon --

4-2-4 Charizard AR (AR-AR-AR)
2-1-2 Typhlosion Prime
3-2 Ninetales HS (Shiny PL-HS)

Trainers --

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Bebe's Search
4 Rare Candy
3 Palmer's Contribution
3 Interviewer's Questions

Energy

14 Fire

I know 14 {R} is a lot, but charizard really needs it for its engine. Also, there is a llot of DialgaChomp and VileGar in my area, I also see some Leafeon rouges. I haven't been to cities though, so I don't know about the triumphant cards.

RE: Charizard (Cities)

Umbreon UD pretty much shuts this deck down as all the pokemon have bodies or poke-powers.

I also like to run Bronzong SF in this deck. I know he's not a fire type but his power makes it easier to ensure you have energy to run your ninetails draw engine. He can also be used to get trainers out of your hand when up against Vilegar. Spiritomb is also a major help with the set up.

RE: Charizard (Cities)

Try using a 4-3-4 instead of 4-2-4 and take out a Palmer's Contribution to boost consistency and Charizards' body.

Back