• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Chaos Pollen (Giratina-EX / Vileplume)

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
Chaos Pollen
(Giratina-EX / Vileplume)
giratina.gif
vileplume.gif

Pokemon (22)
  • 4 Giratina-EX AOR
  • 3 Oddish AOR
  • 3 Gloom AOR
  • 3 Vileplume AOR
  • 2 Miltank FLF
  • 3 Shaymin-EX ROR
  • 1 Bunnelby PRC 121
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (28)
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Revitalizer
  • 2 Acro Bike
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 4 Forest of Giant Plants
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
Energy (10)
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 2 Psychic Energy
Strategy:
Get turn 1 item lock with Vileplume and get turn 2 Chaos Wheel with Giratina.

Miltank:
Pairs great with Vileplume. With Vileplume in play, Powerful Friends can hit for 80, for only 1 energy. A Chaos Wheel plus a Powerful Friends can KO most Pokemon-EX.

Bunnelby:
Rototiller can get back a couple energy cards late game.

Revitalizer:
Battle Compressor plus Revitalizer is a great combo for getting out your Vileplume line.

Shauna:
This deck plays really aggressively to get the turn 1 item lock. Shauna can stop you from decking out late game. This has won me the game a few times.

Psychic Energy:
Running basic energy can save you from having to use a special energy on Miltank or Bunnelby, or Hydreigon if you play it.

Possible Techs:
Hydreigon-EX:
This card depends on what decks people play in your area. If they play a lot of Aegislash-EX, Regice, etc., then this is a great card. Stops the auto-loss to Aegislash. Just replace a Miltank with it.

Second Revitalizer:
A second Revitalizer helps get Vileplume out more consistently turn 1.

Last edited:

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Nice deck. My only suggestion would be to replace 1 Acro Bike with another Level Ball to help you get access to your Oddish and Gloom faster (assuming the current 2 Acro Bike, 2 Battle Compressor, and 1 Revitalizer are not consistently working for you to get the T1 Item-lock).

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
I'd drop the level ball and add another battle compressor. I also don't think you'll need the unown's. I get the point of them for draw support once item lock is in, but I don't think they'll be consistant enough or needed. Id trade those 3 for 2 more revitilizer's and 1 Lysandre.

That's a least how my DL was looking. Also, I run 3 grass energy rather than 2 Psychic and 1 less DCE. Gives you more options for Miltank and Bunnelby instead of relying on those 2 energy to pop up. AND in a pinch you can use Vileplume... if things get really bad.

Last edited:

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
Nice deck. My only suggestion would be to replace 1 Acro Bike with another Level Ball to help you get access to your Oddish and Gloom faster (assuming the current 2 Acro Bike, 2 Battle Compressor, and 1 Revitalizer are not consistently working for you to get the T1 Item-lock).
I'd drop the level ball and add another battle compressor. I also don't think you'll need the unown's. I get the point of them for draw support once item lock is in, but I don't think they'll be consistant enough or needed. Id trade those 3 for 2 more revitilizer's and 1 Lysandre.

That's a least how my DL was looking. Also, I run 3 grass energy rather than 2 Psychic and 1 less DCE. Gives you more options for Miltank and Bunnelby instead of relying on those 2 energy to pop up. AND in a pinch you can use Vileplume... if things get really bad.
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!
I run Psychic Energy because it works well with Hydreigon. Also, I am fine with using a DCE for Miltank and Bunnelby, I just prefer to use the basic energy.
I was thinking of dropping the Level Ball anyways, so I guess I'll drop that and the Unowns.

-1 Level Ball
-3 Unown

+1 Battle Compressor
+2 Revitalizer
+1 Lysandre