• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Centiskorch Mill (aka Millipede)

Andy Sheppard

Fire Pokemon Afficiando
Advanced Member
So when I saw the new Centiskorch card in Sword & Shield, I realized that it would be perfect for a mill deck when combined with Moltres (TEU), especially given all the trainer support that Fire currently has. So here's a list I pulled out of my arse:

Pokemon (19):
4 Sizzlipede SSH 38 - evolving, emergency attacking
4 Centiskorch SSH - milling, emergency attacking
2 Hoothoot SSH - evolving
2 Noctowl SSH - disruption
3 Moltres TEU - milling
2 Minccino SSH - evolving
2 Cinccino SSH - draw support

Trainer (24):
2 Fire Crystal
3 Acro Bike
1 Fiery Flint
2 Great Catcher - disruption
2 Reset Stamp
2 Power Plant - disruption
1 Heat Factory - draw support
2 Brock's Grit - restocking energy and pokemon
4 Welder - acceleration
2 Cynthia - draw support
3 Bellelba & Brycen-Man - milling
1 Cynthia & Caitlin - recovery

Energy (17):
14 Fire Energy
2 Triple Acceleration Energy

Comments:
The Centiskorch line is the main Pokemon in this deck. Its first attack mills the opponent's deck 1 card for each fire energy attached to it. This means that as soon as it is able to attack, it can mill the opponent's deck 3 cards thanks to Welder and attachment for turn. If I must attack, Centiskorch's second attack is [R][C][C][C] for 110 - easy to hit with a TAE. For its basic, I chose the Sizzlipede that flips a coin until tails and hits 40 for each heads. I probably won't be attacking with it but if I must, this is the one to do it.

Moltres is for quicker milling. Its attack is similar to Centiskorch's, but it has to discard all its [R] energy to do so. It also hits harder in case of emergency - its second attack costs [R][R][R][C] and hits for 180 at the cost of discarding 3 energy attached to it.

The 2-2 Noctowl line is primarily for disruption. For [C][C][C], it shuffles itself and all its cards into its deck and does the same thing to one of the opponent's benched Pokemon. This is a great way to disrupt opponents that are trying to set up.

The Welders are obvious - no explanation needed here. The Fire Crystals are for getting discarded energy back, and the Fiery Flint ensures that I have energy to attach. It's the typical fire engine.

Brock's Grit is for recovering discarded Pokemon and energy for future use. Since I might mill myself a bit with Bellelba and Brycen-Man, this helps offset it. Cynthia is for reloading my hand.

The Great Catchers and Reset Stamps are both disruption tools. Since I'm likely going to be having my Centiskorches knocked out fairly quickly, the reset stamps let me punish those KOs. The Great Catchers are for pulling out GXs.

The energy is mostly typical. 14 Fire Energy should be enough for a deck of this nature. The two TAE are for Centiskorch's secondary attack and for Noctowl.