TCG Fakes Celever's Fakes

Celever

Wheeeee~
(Imaginative title, I know)
So hi, this is where I post fakes and stuff! This is mainly just a fun hobby of mine, but I would like to get better any way that I can so any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. So far I have only faked two cards, being Lorelei's Dewgong and Clemont's Heliolisk for April's and May's CaC contests respectively. I would like some advice on what sort of cards go into a certain theme (like Plasma Storm etc.), since I don't have much experience with the TCG itself. I just like the cards and always have. For now my cards will most likely be random cards I just post here, but I will want to organise them into a particular theme some time in the future,

Card Compendium:
[Stage 1] Lorelei's Dewgong HP110 [W]
dewgong.gif

14e49jm.jpg
Hydration
Each time a Stadium card that features "lake", "beach" or "sea" in its name is put into play, heal 40 damage from this Pokémon.

[W][C] Beach Ball Slam 60
Flip 2 coins. If both of them are heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed. If both of them are tails, this Pokémon is now Confused.

[W][W][C][C] Tidal Cleanse 80
Discard all Energy cards attached to all Pokémon in play.

Weakness:[M]x2
Resistance: [R]-20
Retreat: [C][C]
Dewgong loves to snooze on bitterly cold ice. The sight of this Pokémon sleeping on a glacier was mistakenly thought to be a mermaid by a mariner long ago.

[Stage 1] Clemont's Heliolisk HP90 [L]
Evolves from Clemont's Helioptile
heliolisk.gif

NO. 965 Generator Pokémon HT: 3'03" WT: 46.3 lbs.
14e49jm.jpg
Solar Recharge
Whenever a [R] or [L] Energy card is attached to an Active Pokémon, heal 20 damage from this Pokémon.

[L][L] Parabolic Charge 20
Heal 20 damage from this Pokémon. Then, search your deck for 1 Energy card and attach it to this Pokémon.

[G][R][L][L] Solar Beam
Discard one of your opponent's Pokémon. Then, discard 1 [G] Energy and 1 [R] Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Weakness: [F]x2
Resistance:[M]-20
Retreat: [C][C]
It stimulates its muscles with electricity, boosting the strength in its legs and enabling it to run 100 yards in five seconds.

Professor Palutena

The Queen
For Heliolisk's Solar Beam, discarding one of your opponent's Pokemon doesn't register as a KO. Don't know if that's what you're going for with the attack, but I thought I'd point that out in case, as right now the attack simply removes the Pokemon from the field with no reward for you.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Hey Cel, it's nice to see you enter the faking world! :D
What do you mean by 'cards that fit some sort of theme'? I can help if you want ^.^

Celever

Wheeeee~
For Heliolisk's Solar Beam, discarding one of your opponent's Pokemon doesn't register as a KO. Don't know if that's what you're going for with the attack, but I thought I'd point that out in case, as right now the attack simply removes the Pokemon from the field with no reward for you.
!!

I didn't know this, but thinking about it... it might be better for balancing reasons to have it this way anyway. Maybe. What do you guys think?

Hey Cel, it's nice to see you enter the faking world! :D
What do you mean by 'cards that fit some sort of theme'? I can help if you want ^.^
Like Plasma Storm or Roaring Skies. I just need to know what a good amount of cards is for a certain "theme", as well as how to decide what to put into each theme.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I think it mostly depends on what your theme is. You're probably best off trying to think up a theme that you would like to base cards around, and then you can decide how many (and which) Pokémon, Trainer cards, etc. work within that theme. Once you have a theme, you can ask the community for suggestions to fit within it if you'd like, or even ask suggestions for potential themes if you can't think of a good one that you like. As it stands, the question is a bit too vague to help at this point.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
I usually do the opposite :p
I start with Pokémon/Teams that I like and from there think about themes. However, I only think about a couple of mons, so after I get more advanced in the faking process I do what Athena said.

Reggie McGigas

-
Here's what I do-

Think of a location/enviorment (ex: Sands of Justice was based around a desert)

Think of your main Pokemon you want to base the set around that fit the location (ex: Regirock EX with a desert themed set)

Think of side Pokemon that somewhat fit that theme (ex: Terrakion EX, Volcarana EX)

Think of filler Pokemon you'd like to be in that set

Profit!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
When I made a set (or making) I thought of the royal nature of Gallade, and then looked through every single Pokemon that seems to have some relevance to crusades or royalty.

In responses to the Solar Beam, I do not think it is overly OP if it did 1-hit KO. Four energy is a lot, and with 3 different energy types... well, that's pretty unheard off. And then, you discard those types. Heliolisk is frail, too, and is pretty easy to KO, so...

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I usually do the opposite :p
I start with Pokémon/Teams that I like and from there think about themes. However, I only think about a couple of mons, so after I get more advanced in the faking process I do what Athena said.

This is actually a good way to help come up with a theme in the first place! :) Especially if you're not used to it. Think of a particular Pokémon card you'd like to make, and then you can think up themes or categories that fit that Pokémon. Once you've come up with a list, you can see which of those themes you can think of enough other Pokémon or Trainers to match with and go from there.