• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Celesteela-GX/Alolan Dugtrio/Gallade BKT

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 1 Marowak FCO 37
* 1 Gallade BKT 84
* 3 Alolan Diglett SUM 86
* 3 Alolan Dugtrio SUM 87
* 4 Celesteela-GX PR-SM SM67
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 1 Keldeo-EX BCR 142

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Team Aqua's Secret Base DCR 28
* 1 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick PRC 158
* 1 Ghetsis PLF 115
* 1 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Colress PLS 118
* 3 N FCO 105
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Target Whistle Team Flare Gear PHF 106
* 1 Super Rod DRV 20

##Energy - 9

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 5 Metal Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

A painfully unconventional deck idea of mine. At first I laughed at how bad Celesteela-GX appeared to be. But the more I looked at it, my opinions on the 2nd attack did not change whatsoever, but I started thinking that the first attack could actually be pretty good and that the GX attack was alright for 1HKOs and Town Map all in one. So here is my idea. It uses a Maxie’s engine to cover Celesteela’s Lightning weakness because I predict that Xurkitree will be a pretty big deal in both formats and it aims to squeeze as much damage out of Rocket Fall as possible (if you are using Moon Press at any stage in this deck something has gone wrong).

Let me know what you think. Maybe this deck will be shit on (highly likely) by you guys but it is worth a try.

GymLdrJesse

Twitter/X @JessePrker
Advanced Member
Im interested in running a list like this but for standard format. There is a lot of things I like about it:
Pros:
- The fact that you win vs gardy is already appealing. All you need is the dce, metal and choice band for OHKOs. Not to mention you have weakness vs ninetales as well!
- 200hp basic!
- No fire weakness! A lot of people will forget this, just like people forget ho-oh isnt weak to water. Lighting is probably the best thing to be weak to. Also resistance to fighting is welcome with all the buzzwole that will be around.

Cons:
- first attack might not be too useful vs 1 retreat cost pokemon, but a couple dugtrio and you should be taking 2HKOs on everything.
- 3/4 energy attacks. It's never good to put a lot of energy on one pokemon with gardy around; this lets them potentially OHKO you right back.
- Underwhelming second attack + GX attack. Definitely not the worst GX attack but you will probably want to be putting energy onto another celesteela instead of putting a 4th on your active. The free town map is nice.
- 4 retreat cost! Not that big of deal, you can work around w/ float stone, switch, guzma.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Im interested in running a list like this but for standard format. There is a lot of things I like about it:
Pros:
- The fact that you win vs gardy is already appealing. All you need is the dce, metal and choice band for OHKOs. Not to mention you have weakness vs ninetales as well!
- 200hp basic!
- No fire weakness! A lot of people will forget this, just like people forget ho-oh isnt weak to water. Lighting is probably the best thing to be weak to. Also resistance to fighting is welcome with all the buzzwole that will be around.

Cons:
- first attack might not be too useful vs 1 retreat cost pokemon, but a couple dugtrio and you should be taking 2HKOs on everything.
- 3/4 energy attacks. It's never good to put a lot of energy on one pokemon with gardy around; this lets them potentially OHKO you right back.
- Underwhelming second attack + GX attack. Definitely not the worst GX attack but you will probably want to be putting energy onto another celesteela instead of putting a 4th on your active. The free town map is nice.
- 4 retreat cost! Not that big of deal, you can work around w/ float stone, switch, guzma.
Honestly you will only be using Rocket Fall and, as long as it is your last two prizes, Blaster-GX. Thanks for the list. I think the pros of this card outweigh the cons. Underrated!