• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard CeleSaur

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
Hey there, this is my first post on the forums.

I’d like to start off by posting a deck I consistently use on PTCGO. I have a large win rate with it, I cant give a percentage because I’m not too good at them. This is great for grinding Versus, and I’ve won multiple tournaments with it. Here’s my list:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 6

* 3 Celebi & Venusaur-GX TEU 182
* 3 Shaymin LOT 33

##Trainer Cards - 40

* 3 Net Ball LOT 234
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Lillie UPR 125
* 2 Aether Paradise Conservation Area GRI 116
* 4 Judge Whistle TEU 146
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Escape Rope BUS 114
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Buff Padding TEU 136
* 4 Acro Bike CES 123
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Energy Retrieval SUM 116
* 1 Life Forest {*} LOT 180
* 4 Order Pad UPR 131

##Energy - 14

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 10 Grass Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The goal is to get an early set up and just tank until you win or your opponent concedes (it happens a lot XD). Setup is really easy with this deck. If you don’t start with a CeleSaur, you use Net Ball to get it out, and Escape Rope to bring it into active, as well as disrupting your opponent. Then, as the game goes on, you just tank attacks and use CeleSaur’s healing cards to keep it alive.

Tricks:

Shaymin/Aether Conservation Area/Life Forest {*}: This mechanic is a huge part of the deck. Since CeleSaur gives 3 prizes, It’s important to keep it from KOs. That’s where these cards come in. Some cards like Shaymin and Life Forest heal damage, and Aether keeps it from happening in the first place.

Buff Padding: Brings CeleSaur’s max HP up to 320, but TEU Absol shuts this down.

Order Pad: Brings huge consistency to the deck, and really boosts setup.

What do you think? Is it amazing? Does it suck? Probably the latter. But thanks anyway for reading.

I too run a CeleSaur deck in Standard, but my deck version is quite different (maybe due to the meta in my area perhaps). Following are a few thoughts for your consideration:
  • Why not max-out the Celebi-Venusaur GX line in order to increase my chances of starting with it?
  • I've found Tapu Koko (Flying Flip) and Tapu Lele GX to also be quite useful in my deck; So, I run 2 and 1 counts, respectively.
  • Alolan Muk seems to be quite popular; so, I've replaced all of the Shaymins with Mixed Herbs. In doing so, this also reduces the easy 1HKO risks that the Shaymins present.
  • Why no Judge? With only 6 Basic Pokémon, chances are you'll mulligan a few times yielding your opponent extra cards at the game's start.
  • With all the Items you use, do you have any Garbodor (Trashalanche) concerns?
  • There are also a number of mill/stall decks that seem popular. With no Oranguru (Resource Management), how do you expect to compete well in those match-ups?
  • Some decks (e.g., PikaRom) can out-speed yours with energy attachment-acceleration. So, those decks can effectively 2HKO your GXs despite your Shaymins' minor healing. Any thoughts about running at least 1 Gardenia?
I hope you find these comments helpful.

Well, this is for PTCGO. I play Ultra Malamar IRL.

-I can’t max out the line because I only have 3, and I have nothing to trade for another one.
-I don’t have any Tapu Koko, but I do have a Lele and was thinking of adding it.
-I personally don’t like the cards that you need to have multiple of to get good effects, like mixed herbs. I’m not really afraid of the 1HKO because I’m the end, they’ll always have to knock out a CeleSaur, most of the time 2. As well, I rarely run in to decks that utilize Alolan Muk.
-Judge is a good idea, if only I had more than 1....
-Who plays Garbodor now anyway?
-In PTCGO, people want to grind quickly. So more often than not you’re going to run into aggressive decks like PikaRom than stall decks.
-I really wanted to add Gardenia. But the problem is I don’t have any.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Back