'Celebrations' is our 25th Anniversary Set, Includes Reprint of Base Set Charizard!

Halcyonseer

Aspiring Trainer
Oh my gosh! This sounds super great! I want a Dark Sylveon or a Tapu Lele reprint. Maybe they will have the Light Umbreon we never got.

Nos

Aspiring Trainer
NEW POKEMON STAR AND DELTA SPECIES???? I am hyperventilating this is too much. I hope and pray the stats are scaled to the formats those variations are from. I just know this set is going to be hard to find

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
This concept is really cool. I wonder how the Standard legality of these cards will look like.
This is a great opportunity for Pokemon to send a clear message that scalping is over, by overprinting the hell out of this set. Just like Evolutions, this is something people will want, and they will want it even if there's a million boxes laying around.

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
Never thought we would see the Delta Species mechanic again. Or trainer specific Pokémon.

Exciting!

Mick-773

Pizza Enthusiast
With all these old mechanics returning, I hope we'll get to see Ex-era Crystal Pokémon making a comeback (even tough they weren't properly classified as a different kind of card from regular Pokémons, but still)

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
So just to recap, Dark/Light Pokémon, Lv. X Pokémon, Delta Species Pokémon, Gold Star Pokémon, Pokémon SP, Pokémon Prime, and Pokémon GX are ALL coming back?!? WHAT WORLD IS THIS?

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
It will also introduce a special subset of 25 cards that are close remakes of iconic cards from the history of the Pokemon TCG. This includes Base Set Charizard, Umbreon ☆, and Tapu Lele-GX.

I'M BACK BABY! ♥

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Oh my goodness, this is so sick. The nostalgia for Trainer's Pokémon, Light and Dark, Delta Species, etc for me is so insane it's not even funny.

vexel

Aspiring Trainer
Jaw dropping :eek:

I NEED THIS. Seriously loved the Prime mechanic and we're getting a DRAGAPULT PRIME.

Also a DARK SYLVEON. I'm so hyped for this

Scoop

Literally a sheep
So, because this comment section could potentially be dominated by people complaining about scalping (Which, let me just say one thing, it's getting better. There's reasons to be optimistic.), I'm going to just discuss how exciting this idea is.

I think, honestly, as a 25th Anniversary set, this is a great approach! You're bringing back classic old cards, which is something... I don't think anyone is going to be mad at, and then you're making the promos as remixed, new cards with these old gimmicks. It's so exciting to see that we're getting a new Prime, a new Gold Star, all of that! Remixing Owner's and Dark Pokemon mechanics with new, modern-day V mechanics? That's crazy too! It's the perfect way to celebrate the old while also bringing out the new.

I'm already theorycrafting just what could be included in this special sub-set. 25 old cards, definitive of their respective eras? That opens up so many possibilities. Neo Lugia? If they do EXs (I hope!), Mewtwo-EX? If they do Megas, what about M-Rayquaza? There's so many possibilities.

My only hopes is that the new Primes, Level X cards, etc. are accurate to the source material of the originals. I own a complete Prime set, and I hope that the Dragapult fits right into the collection.

But otherwise, this is extremely exciting! I'll be opening some of this set for sure. Can't wait to see more info.

EDIT:

They actually did it.

They made the cards look straight out of their respective eras. They're perfect.

Hats off to Pokémon for putting this much love and care into these cards. I haven't been this excited for new cards in a long, long time.

Last edited:

Shuppetwithagun

Aspiring Trainer
As someone who doesn’t own any Pokémon Star because they are way out of my budget I’m so excited to finally own some. Plus primes?! I loved the hgss sets and that’s how I first got into Pokémon (through the heartgold game, then tcg) so this is incredible. If they aren’t nearly seamless with the others I’ll be slightly disappointed but either way it’s exciting. Rip everyone and their wallet if they want to complete this set like I do.

Shuppetwithagun

Aspiring Trainer
With all these old mechanics returning, I hope we'll get to see Ex-era Crystal Pokémon making a comeback (even tough they weren't properly classified as a different kind of card from regular Pokémons, but still)
Crystal Pokémon weren’t from the ex era they were from the e reader sets (expedition, skyridge, and aquapolis) but I would love to see those as well