ORAS Catching Tips for Deoxys in ORAS

wrestlinglord

legendary fire
Member
When you complete the main game and re-start you get Delta Episode, but when I get Rayquaza it always kills Deoxys in 1 hit so I always re-start to my last save just before Rayquaza. Does anyone have any tips? I'm trying to save my Master Ball.
 

Klonoahedgehog

Ace Trainer
Member
RE: deoxys in oras

Usually in Pokemon games the master ball is used to catch the roaming legendaries.
But since this game doesn't have any maybe you should just save it in the bag for Deoxys.
 

wrestlinglord

legendary fire
Member
RE: deoxys in oras

thanks klon but im hoping to save it for desperate situations like if most pokemon have fainted or no/minimal pokeballs left but i have 102 ultra balls in my bag and thanks for the reply might do that if i keep killing it raquaza is to strong unless i shouldn't use dragon pulse
 

PhantomHaze

Aspiring Trainer
Member
RE: deoxys in oras

Dont use Dragon Pulse to weaken Deoxys, I had the same problem. Use Extreme Speed it should bring Deoxys to red/low yellow. I let my Ray die and then paralyzed Deoxys with Thunder Wave. This worked the first time I used this method as I had killed Deoxys with Crits, plus I was using Pokeballs while you are using UltraBalls. Happy Hunting!
 

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi
Member
RE: deoxys in oras

I've moved this thread to the "Current Event: Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire!" forum as it is about Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. :)
 

wrestlinglord

legendary fire
Member
RE: deoxys in oras

@ice espeon ok sorry for wrong placement

@phantomhaze thanks for information ill try it out was using dragon pulse as the first time i did it it went straight to red so it made me think it was a good stratergy
 

PhantomHaze

Aspiring Trainer
Member
RE: deoxys in oras

wrestlinglord said:
@ice espeon ok sorry for wrong placement

@phantomhaze thanks for information ill try it out was using dragon pulse as the first time i did it it went straight to red so it made me think it was a good stratergy

Well is it doesnt kill then you should use it, for me it always OHKO Deoxys.
 

Mortal_Zachary

I am... Durant-Man!
Member
RE: deoxys in oras

You can rebattle Deoxys if you kill him, and I caught him in a pokeball during Delta Episode CX
 

Reggie McGigas

-
Member
RE: Deoxys in ORAS

The Master Ball is in Maxie's HQ by the way

It took me 4 SRs to get Deoxys as he kept dying to critical hits o_O. What I did was use Extreme Speed, Thunder Wave, Hold Back, and Ultra Ball combo. Got him after the 8th ball on the 4th SR.
 

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Member
RE: Deoxys in ORAS

Mortal_Zachary said:
You can rebattle Deoxys if you kill him, and I caught him in a pokeball during Delta Episode CX

I'm trying to find how you can get a rematch with Deoxys. How can I?
 

PhantomHaze

Aspiring Trainer
Member
RE: Deoxys in ORAS

Reggie McGigas said:
It took me 4 SRs to get Deoxys as he kept dying to critical hits o_O.

It took be about 10 SR to catch him in a Pokeball. Crits such and it will kill its self doing Struggle happened to me a couple times. If you see him using Cosmic Power only then it will start to struggle soon so beware of that.
 

Drohn

Wild War Dance
Member
RE: Deoxys in ORAS

To catch Deoxys I recommend using Sableye with Imprison, Recover, and Night Shade (to prevent critical hits and making sure you know the damage you cause). It is immune to both offensive attacks and can force Deoxys to stay on low HP by blocking Recover with the combination of Recover and Imprison. It's the perfect counter (just like for Mewtwo in X/Y). I recommend using something to paralyse it first as well. You can keep trying to catch it without having to worry about taking damage or Deoxys regaining HP. I personally got it paralysed and on low HP first with False Swipe and Thunder Wave on Gallade, but that's a bit of a risk, since it can use Recover in the turn you switch to Sableye. If you do it with 2 Pokémon I recommend Prankster on Sableye so Deoxys only has 1 turn to heal instead of 2.
 

MegaBeedrill

This isn't even my final form!
Member
RE: Deoxys in ORAS

Drohn said:
To catch Deoxys I recommend using Sableye with Imprison, Recover, and Night Shade (to prevent critical hits and making sure you know the damage you cause). It is immune to both offensive attacks and can force Deoxys to stay on low HP by blocking Recover with the combination of Recover and Imprison. It's the perfect counter (just like for Mewtwo in X/Y). I recommend using something to paralyse it first as well. You can keep trying to catch it without having to worry about taking damage or Deoxys regaining HP. I personally got it paralysed and on low HP first with False Swipe and Thunder Wave on Gallade, but that's a bit of a risk, since it can use Recover in the turn you switch to Sableye. If you do it with 2 Pokémon I recommend Prankster on Sableye so Deoxys only has 1 turn to heal instead of 2.

Wouldn't taunt do the exact same thing?
 

Drohn

Wild War Dance
Member
Taunt ends after 2-3 turns, so I recommend Imprison+Recover. This way you can focus on catching Deoxys instead of having to use Taunt every few turns. Taunt still works, of course, and it's a good alternative if you don't have access to Imprison and Recover.

I already bred multiple Sableye with these moves, so I can breed some extra for free if anyone needs them. Let me know on my profile or through PM! :)
 

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
Member
You can rebattle Deoxys at Sky Pillar after defeating the E4 post Delta Episode. I used Shedinja with Hone Claws/False Swipe/Heal Block to catch it, after paralyzing with T-Wave from Kecleon.
 

Carpey

Deck Experimenter
Member
I just used Pokemon from my story run and a Synchronizer for Nature to catch Deoxys.

T1: Attempted Quick Ball (It worked with Rayquaza.... Twice)
T2: Ralts dies so I used Thunder Wave with my Manectric
T3: Volt Switch to Absol (Who is unaffected by Psycho Boost, but a Ghost/Dark Poke would be better because Hyper Beam)
After that I used Mega Absol to keep Swords Dance/False Swiping and caught Deoxys
 

xDkoYx

I am CATBUG :D
Member
RE: Deoxys in ORAS

Tails said:
Mortal_Zachary said:
You can rebattle Deoxys if you kill him, and I caught him in a pokeball during Delta Episode CX

I'm trying to find how you can get a rematch with Deoxys. How can I?

You'll have to rebattle the E4, be cautious cause they'll all have megas!

Anyway, what I would suggest is fainting the Deoxys in the Delta Ep, rebattling the E4, then head up to Sky Tower (or pillar :p) and saving right in front of Deoxys. From there you'll be able to SR for a good natured Deoxys (or even a perfect iv one).I suggest leading with a fainted synchronizer (w/ your desired nature) and opening up with "Catching" Gallade, Amoongus or Smeargle. Smeargle being the best as it can sketch "Spore" a 100% Sleep enducing move as well as false swipe and recover. Then, after either paralysing or sporing, send out the Sableye that Drohn put Foward and Fire balls away!
 

pokemon64

Semi-Ace Trainer
Member
Just use the master ball. Its really the only one you should use it on.
(Or use the QR code exploit:p)
 
Top