• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Casual Dark/Something deck (Honckrow/Houndoom)

L

LordxMugen

ok its been AGES since ive gotten back into this game. like the last time i played was in EX ruby and saphire so that should give you an idea of how behind the curve i really am. its almost expressly this reason why i havent come back to it. i dont know whats good, and im not too sure on the style i wanted. so after limiting my card pool to mostly HS (so my head doesnt prematurely explode from all the possibilities and cash cards in the game), ive settled on getting my start in a Dark.....Something deck.

i dont know what other color should go into it but i took one look at Honchkrow (Blindside one) and Tyranitar Prime (probably wont make the deck at the start) and went "thats what i want to play." so if you know what color goes well with it that would help alot. so heres a skeleton deck of mostly what i want. dont try to add too many money cards cause right now its just for leagues and fun.

3-3 Honchkrow 15/90
2-2 Houndoom
2-2 Weaville

6 filler till i come up with some money for T-Prime (use your best judgment)

Trainers/Supporters
3 Team Rocket's Treachery
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
4 Bebe's Search
4 pokemon collector (if youve got a better idea then please tell me)
3 Interviewers questions
4 Plus Power

Energy
4 Special Dark Energy
6 dark Energy
9 whatever energy for the other pokemon used

so basically yeah. if you can help me find some cheaper (or more useful) solutions for some of the cards here thatd be nice. itd like something cheap and effective to go with some of these other cheap and slightly effective cards.

P.S. oh i forgot to mention an actual theme. I guess with whats shown im going for a weird Sniper/power/discard.....thing. so yeah.....i dont know either lol.

RE: Casual Dark/Something deck

Interviwer's Questions isn't too effective of a card. It can get you a few energies from time to time, but it isn't usually worth using your Supporter for the turn.
Professor Elm's Training Method is good. It'll help get stuff out faster.

Back