Cartoons - Old or New?

HoOhLugia

The most Ultimate and Powerful Pokemon Master!
So, I've been thinking to myself everytime I watch Cartoon Network and asking myself: "Why can't they put the old shows back? I really miss the old Tom and Jerry, and the new ones look effortless and rushed with animation." I also realized that cartoons are based around the same ideas (I know because when I watch them, the ideas aren't too far from each other), which is hard for me to identify. I think that the old cartoons have more taste, and more fluent animations. My opinion is to put a mix of different shows from old and new to suit everybody.

So, what do you think? Should channels put more old movies and shows? Or should they continue on making cartoons without a lot of fluent animation, and based on a majority of people's personalities?

RE: Cartoons - Old, or New?

The Cartoon Network "Boomerang" (separate channel, on most cable stations) is dedicated entirely to the older Cartoon Network shows, like Johnny Bravo and Dexter's Laboratory. There is also an hour long block every day featuring these old shows. Tom and Jerry has an hour long block at noon or so of all old episodes.

In regards to modern day, Adventure Time and Regular Show have the best animation quality, plus they're great shows in their own respects. Johnny Test and (new) Ben 10 are awfully animated, cliched, garbage heaps. Original Ben 10 with Tara Strong was pimpin'.

tumblr_mhqzex3FNw1rzn9loo1_500.gif

eF0LdhQ.jpg

Boomerang should be for shows made before the 90s. I want to see more old HB cartoons on there, not shows I grew up with. I want to see stuff I never got a chance to see.

I hate how newer episodes of original CN shows like Dexters Lab and PPG have everyone acting completely out of characters. Why didn't they just make a new show if they're going to make everything so different? I for one don't care for Carl or Pops in Season 2 and 3 of Johnny Bravo.

Blob55 said:
Boomerang should be for shows made before the 90s. I want to see more old HB cartoons on there, not shows I grew up with. I want to see stuff I never got a chance to see.

I hate how newer episodes of original CN shows like Dexters Lab and PPG have everyone acting completely out of characters. Why didn't they just make a new show if they're going to make everything so different? I for one don't care for Carl or Pops in Season 2 and 3 of Johnny Bravo.

You're right. I do to like the older Cartoons. My dad said he used to watch Tom and Jerry in Black and White!

Rusty Sticks said:
The Cartoon Network "Boomerang" (separate channel, on most cable stations) is dedicated entirely to the older Cartoon Network shows, like Johnny Bravo and Dexter's Laboratory. There is also an hour long block every day featuring these old shows. Tom and Jerry has an hour long block at noon or so of all old episodes.

In regards to modern day, Adventure Time and Regular Show have the best animation quality, plus they're great shows in their own respects. Johnny Test and (new) Ben 10 are awfully animated, cliched, garbage heaps. Original Ben 10 with Tara Strong was pimpin'.

Please don't quote large images ^_^ ~ Juliacoolo

Sadly we don't have Boomerang on our television and so we can't watch these older shows. I love the original Ben10, and when we (my sister and I) were five years old, we bought a lot of Ben10 products. The aliens were also original too.

Tom and Jerry was always in colour. You dad probably had a Black and White TV.

Re: Cartoons - Old, or New?

I remember TOM and JERRY 50th anniversary. They sold VCD that shown Tom and Jerry best cartoons since first one. Tom change so much since the first show.

I want to watch it now. *went to youtube*.

lovandra said:
I remember TOM and JERRY 50th anniversary. They sold VCD that shown Tom and Jerry best cartoons since first one. Tom change so much since the first show.

I want to watch it now. *went to youtube*.

You're right, I don't really like the new Tom and Jerry (Tom and Jerry Tales), but I like the ones mainly by Fred Quimby.

Re: Cartoons - Old, or New?

the show i'm enjoying on CN at the moment is The amazing world of gumball as i find the humour sharp and funny as well as having good animation.

Boomerang airs Pokemon and the farthest it went before starting over was the last episode of Sinnoh, which I wouldn't really consider old. Anyway, I don't chose what to watch by how old they are, just things that are entertaining, Dexter's Lab, Johnny Brave, Adventure Time, Transformers...

scraftyfan#1 said:
the show i'm enjoying on CN at the moment is The amazing world of gumball as i find the humour sharp and funny as well as having good animation.

Hmm, you're right. It is very funny, I always laugh when I watch it, but not anymore, since I don't really watch Cartoon Network anymore. Sometimes I do, but I only like th first series.

Re: RE: Cartoons - Old, or New?

HoOhLugia said:
scraftyfan#1 said:

Hmm, you're right. It is very funny, I always laugh when I watch it, but not anymore, since I don't really watch Cartoon Network anymore. Sometimes I do, but I only like th first series.

Yeah i do admit that it did go down hill after he first series but there also never seems to be any new epsiodes, whenever i go to watch it, it's always a repeat.

Some of the new cartoons are alright, I enjoy Adventure Time more than Regular Show and I just got into Steven Universe which isn't that bad actually. Powerpuff Girls got a reboot (excluding Powerpuff Girls Z from Japan) which in terms of aesthetics looks God awful for the same reason why I refuse to watch Teen Titans Go! and Ben 10: Omniverse. Don't get me started with Uncle Grandpa, it's CN's attempt at Spongebob where as that cartoon should've ended after Season 2 when the original writers and producers left the show.

So far I finished watching Legend of Korra Season 1 but haven't really caught up with Season 2 yet including the first Avatar: Last Airbender series. I miss watching Thundercats 2011 since the last season ended in a cliffhanger that was pretty good. Aside from that I really love the older cartoons especially Ren & Stimpy, Hey Arnold!, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (classic series and 2003 series), Looney Tunes (classic series), Animaniacs, Danny Phantom, Captain Planet, Samurai Jack, and many more. I even have fond memories of watching the old school Disney cartoons from the 90's.

Card Slinger J said:
Some of the new cartoons are alright, I enjoy Adventure Time more than Regular Show and I just got into Steven Universe which isn't that bad actually. Powerpuff Girls got a reboot (excluding Powerpuff Girls Z from Japan) which in terms of aesthetics looks God awful for the same reason why I refuse to watch Teen Titans Go! and Ben 10: Omniverse. Don't get me started with Uncle Grandpa, it's CN's attempt at Spongebob where as that cartoon should've ended after Season 2 when the original writers and producers left the show.

So far I finished watching Legend of Korra Season 1 but haven't really caught up with Season 2 yet including the first Avatar: Last Airbender series. I miss watching Thundercats 2011 since the last season ended in a cliffhanger that was pretty good. Aside from that I really love the older cartoons especially Ren & Stimpy, Hey Arnold!, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (classic series and 2003 series), Looney Tunes (classic series), Animaniacs, Danny Phantom, Captain Planet, Samurai Jack, and many more. I even have fond memories of watching the old school Disney cartoons from the 90's.

Uncle Grandpa has had more than two seasons? o_O

PPG got a proper reboot? I thought it was just a one-off special. The animations is pretty bad and most characters are ooc. :/

You should watch Ben 10 Omniverse. It's not as bad as new PPG or Teen Titans Go! and it's pretty much the same as AF and UA. You also get used to the art style pretty quickly, but I don't know what happened to Max's eyes. o_O

I'm pretty upset that the Australian CartoonNetwork doesn't have Pokemon anymore.

HoOhLugia said:
I'm pretty upset that the Australian CartoonNetwork doesn't have Pokemon anymore.

All Pokémon stuff got moved to CITV and Disney XD here.

Blob55 said:
HoOhLugia said:

It's on Disney and/or Boomerang and/or CITV? Well, I don't have any of those either...:(

Re: RE: Cartoons - Old, or New?

HoOhLugia said:
Blob55 said:

It's on Disney and/or Boomerang and/or CITV? Well, I don't have any of those either...:(

We get Japan's dubbed anime in my country played at local's station. Sometimes we get special episodes faster than U.S, but it kinda annoying cause pokemon's names and characters are from Japanese instead of U.S.

Like Sonantsu for Woobufet and Satoshi instead of Ash.

I have double names to be remembered again xc.

Blob55 said:
Uncle Grandpa has had more than two seasons? o_O

I was referring to SpongeBob SquarePants that needed to end after Season 2 not Uncle Grandpa, sorry If I confused you or anyone else on that as it was a poor choice of words on my part when I posted that comment. :(

Blob55 said:
PPG got a proper reboot? I thought it was just a one-off special. The animations is pretty bad and most characters are ooc. :/

I thought it was a reboot at first but you're right it was just a one-off anniversary special and as for the aesthetics of the animation people said the same thing about Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker's graphics but as time went on people began to appreciate cel-shaded animation more although I still miss stop-motion animation from Rankin/Bass.

Blob55 said:
I don't know what happened to Max's eyes. o_O

There was a recent Scooby-Doo cartoon series with that same style of eyes to give it sort of a retro feel to it I suppose.

lovandra said:
HoOhLugia said:

We get Japan's dubbed anime in my country played at local's station. Sometimes we get special episodes faster than U.S, but it kinda annoying cause pokemon's names and characters are from Japanese instead of U.S.

You're lucky. I wish we could get the Japanese Animé here.

Card Slinger J said:
I was referring to SpongeBob SquarePants that needed to end after Season 2 not Uncle Grandpa, sorry If I confused you or anyone else on that as it was a poor choice of words on my part when I posted that comment. :(

I think you mean Season 3.

Card Slinger J said:
There was a recent Scooby-Doo cartoon series with that same style of eyes to give it sort of a retro feel to it I suppose.

When did anyone ever have eyes like that in old HB cartoons?

Blob55 said:
lovandra said:

You're lucky. I wish we could get the Japanese Animé here.

Card Slinger J said:

I think you mean Season 3.

Card Slinger J said:

When did anyone ever have eyes like that in old HB cartoons?

Are you talking about Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated?

Back