PTCGO Card values from public trades

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Hi there!

I've been using the OU7C4ST card value guide for a while to know the real values of the cards traded in PTGO, it's pretty reliable. But now I'm trying to get some cards from Dragon Majesty and those values aren't there yet... So how do you guys figure out the real values of the cards in TCGO?
Ou7c4st says that we should always cross-reference his values with the public trades for complete accuracy, but how do I do that? I've seen public trades that are unrealistically unfair, like a Shiftry GX for 6 packs for example, and those trades end up expiring because nobody wants to pay that much for it.
So if we wouldn't have ou7c4st's value guide, how do I know how much to pay for a specific card?

Otaku

The wise fool?
Used to check with the various trading groups on the official forums, but almost all of those groups have shutdown now.

When there are no prices listed, take a look at posted trades and look how long they have left to go. Even if someone posts something with an 8 hour time limit, a trade with most of that time expired is almost certainly an underwhelming offer. You'll probably have to test the waters yourself, using what I just said to eyeball a starting point, adjusting until you can close the deal. If you need more than one copy of a card, learn from it; a successful trade may still have been too high/low, so adjust in your favor until people stop making the trades.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
I see your point. So I'll try to look at the public trades filtering by the card I need and see how much they ask for the card. If those trades are about to end, then I know those prices are too high. Then I need to see how much I offer for that card, but I think it is as you said, I need to test the waters myself by offering a low amount of packs and then adjust it a little bit until the deal is made.

Ok, hands to job then. Thanks Otaku, you were pretty helpful!