Card Sleeve Discussion

PATTERNED Ultra Pros get destroyed reasonably easy. Only plain Ultra Pros I've ever had break were at least a few years old, or were badly mishandled (usually when putting a card in or taking it out, it's somewhat easy to split it from the edge if you do it wrong). (Also, I believe the newer ones are stronger than they were in the past, too, which further contributes.)

Ive been keeping mine in the Ultra Pro Standard pro-fit sleeves, the kind that are about as close to the cards size that you can get, and therefore can slide it and the card inside normal sized card sleeves/9 pocket pages. I then keep them inside deck boxes that fit 100 or so. Do you guys think this is good enough protection? I was considering taping cotton to the inner roof of the deck box since the top of the cards are so close to the edge of the opening of the sleeve, just in case.

The way I put cards in or take them out if I have to is gently squeeze the top of the sleeve until it opens. then I slide the card in. If I take one out. Rarely have to do this. I remove the card from my card holder by pulling out the top of the sleeve and carefully lift then pull out. After that just hold the sleeve in one hand without squeezing then pull out the card.:)

airsoft246 said:
Ive been keeping mine in the Ultra Pro Standard pro-fit sleeves, the kind that are about as close to the cards size that you can get, and therefore can slide it and the card inside normal sized card sleeves/9 pocket pages. I then keep them inside deck boxes that fit 100 or so. Do you guys think this is good enough protection? I was considering taping cotton to the inner roof of the deck box since the top of the cards are so close to the edge of the opening of the sleeve, just in case.

They will be fine in the box as long as you don't pack them in too tightly, try and leave some wiggle room for them it will keep the sleeves from sticking too.

xxashxx said:
The way I put cards in or take them out if I have to is gently squeeze the top of the sleeve until it opens. then I slide the card in. If I take one out. Rarely have to do this. I remove the card from my card holder by pulling out the top of the sleeve and carefully lift then pull out. After that just hold the sleeve in one hand without squeezing then pull out the card.:)

Thanks for those awesome tips!

I know I want the precise fit sleeves, but this slight warping the Ultra Pros and now these first pack of KMC ones I bought (not as many as the UP so far) do. Is this slight warping a problem. Cards can be flattened out with little issue right?

Slowbro Master said:
I know I want the precise fit sleeves, but this slight warping the Ultra Pros and now these first pack of KMC ones I bought (not as many as the UP so far) do. Is this slight warping a problem. Cards can be flattened out with little issue right?

Sometimes when you buy sleeves they are kind of bunched tightly together and warped a bit, but when you put your cards in the sleeves straighten out :)

Ultra Pro sleeves come in a zipper bag usually with 100 sleeves and are in pretty tight but not creased so you may pull out the first 10 in one pull very easily.:)

Check Ebay or Amazon. Search Pokemon Sleeves with prints on them or search Psyduck Sleeves and see what you get. Pyduck is not very popular like the other big Pokemon like Charizard and Pikachu but if you are lucky to run across them cool XD.:)

What are professor Sleeves? Do they have the current professor on the sleeve or a past professor like Professor Oak for instance?:)

I should have asked this before buying, but would people consider the Fennekin card sleeves to be a good choice? I recently bought my deck that I play in TCG Online and got the Fennekin sleeves to match the deck's theme (Ninetales + Delphox deck), or would I have been better off getting other sleeves? If so, which ones would be considered better?
Personally I really like them, but I have no experience with other card sleeves, so I can't really make comparisons...
mdd48e0TsVvgsQAxe3FgL5g.jpg

See the problem with sleeves with Pokemon on them you can't see both sides of the card to easily check the card or cards. If tournaments allowed the see through card sleeves like Ultra Pro they would not have to take the card or cards out to check the card or cards. I still don't get why they banned those sleeves. Does not make sense.:)

What I believe is the reason people need to use sleeves is to prevent the cards from looking different, and of course to protect them.
When you've played alot with your cards they will start showing some damage and if you then can differ the cards from eachother, you possible be disquaified for cheating. Since you could see which card it is just looking at the backside.

Milennin said:
I should have asked this before buying, but would people consider the Fennekin card sleeves to be a good choice? I recently bought my deck that I play in TCG Online and got the Fennekin sleeves to match the deck's theme (Ninetales + Delphox deck), or would I have been better off getting other sleeves? If so, which ones would be considered better?
Personally I really like them, but I have no experience with other card sleeves, so I can't really make comparisons...
mdd48e0TsVvgsQAxe3FgL5g.jpg

I personally don't use these sleeves, but I have a friend who's been using them for a while and they've held up rather well.

All it takes is one card game and your cards are dead to collectors. If you collect the cards don't play the card game at all. If you play the TCG beware your cards are worth next to nothing even after one mat XD. If you do both make sure you have 3 cards at least for each Pokemon. One for collecting one for TCG and 1 for trading. If you only have 1 of that Pokemon don't trade it or play it at all just Collect it until you get more than one of the same card.:)

xxashxx said:
All it takes is one card game and your cards are dead to collectors. If you collect the cards don't play the card game at all. If you play the TCG beware your cards are worth next to nothing even after one mat XD. If you do both make sure you have 3 cards at least for each Pokemon. One for collecting one for TCG and 1 for trading. If you only have 1 of that Pokemon don't trade it or play it at all just Collect it until you get more than one of the same card.:)

That's far from true. Properly sleeved, well handled cards can maintain their condition very well, even after extensive play. At worst, your cards may warp a bit, but that happens to just about any foil anyways.. Unless you're planning on having your cards graded after you play them (who would do that?) their value will likely hardly change at all. If anything, minor changes in the metagame before some championship will have a greater effect on card value.

Treat your sleeves right, and they will treat your cards right. Simple as that.

Yeah they loose value after every game mostly due to the bend shuffle like most card players use. Some use the drop and shuffle which does way less damage than the bend fancy shuffle. Afer one card game the cards could be worth nothing to some collectors XD. I am not joking or fooling. They depreciate rapidly XD.:)

Back