Card Openings on YouTube

ArcanineKillz89

Aspiring Trainer
Hi does anyone here use Youtube for card openings as far as boxes and packs or anything of that sort. Or just to show off their cards?

CuriousCleffa

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Youtube Videos for Card openings...

I think there are a few people who do, you can usually see the links to people's YouTube channels in their signature (like mine is down in mine).
But I do card openings and other Pokemon related videos on mine :)

Aspiring Trainer
I usually don't like unboxings, but Pokemon openings are better due to the random pulls in the pack. Like maybe one pack they pull a Swalot regular, but the next pack they pull a secret rate mega Manectric!

HBK19

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah. I did a bunch of pack openings. Look up OrangeSamuraiD on youtube.
Did 2 Primal Clash boxes 3 elite trainer boxes. They will all be uploaded by sunday. I got 2 so far.

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
I used to do it, but then I couldnt afford to buy cards all the time to upload consistently so I just make funny how to videos now.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
I don't usually buy the amount of cards needed to do proper box openings (could have done it this time with a Primal Clash box and 2 elite trainer boxes though). Occasionally I consider doing one just to show off my live Pokemon card dex though. Don't really know if it would be worth the effort though.

Occasionally I'll watch card openings too.

CardShoppee

Aspiring Trainer
I barely started mine about a week ago. I still need more inventory to keep posting videos on a regular basis though.

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
Does anyone else hate when they spoil the best card in the video? If the best card is in the thumbnail or if the title says (Ex pull) (Ultra rare), I usually don't click the video. I also don't really watch their other videos either because the ones that don't say anything obviously don't have anything...

If it say (Crazy pulls) I'll click it because it could be 1 ex/2 ex's/3 ex's you don't know, and booster boxes are good for set ratios and even if they spoil one card they can't spoil them all.

It's hard to find pack openings without spoilers.

MountainDrew

Hi guys I have an old Pokemon YouTube channel (That I recently started working in again!) all about Nintendo but mainly pokemon. It's tcg and vgc so if you guys could kindly check it out that would be awesome!

Click this link, not the one in the signature: https://youtu.be/93B3OBoFvHQ

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
If I had a Camera that just took video of my hands while opening a pack I would upload it to YouTube and Facebook as I have a large pile of stuff to open. I lack such a camera >_(\

MountainDrew

The-Kaiser said:
If I had a Camera that just took video of my hands while opening a pack I would upload it to YouTube and Facebook as I have a large pile of stuff to open. I lack such a camera >_(\

I use my iPhone canera and that works just fine

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
I really like Unlisted Leaf. He brings a different and refreshing kind of energy to card openings that's hard to find nowadays when compared to the "usual" card openings. There are so many card opening channels on YouTube that it's hard to find your own niche unless you either open a TON of packs, (Primetime), or have the energy UL does.

ForeignDude

Aspiring Trainer
Maserati777 said:
Does anyone else hate when they spoil the best card in the video? If the best card is in the thumbnail or if the title says (Ex pull) (Ultra rare), I usually don't click the video. I also don't really watch their other videos either because the ones that don't say anything obviously don't have anything...

If it say (Crazy pulls) I'll click it because it could be 1 ex/2 ex's/3 ex's you don't know, and booster boxes are good for set ratios and even if they spoil one card they can't spoil them all.

Yeah I find it annoying. But in this day in age, it's like the only thing that will help you actually get noticed or attract views. Also with Youtube's new "Subscriber burn" feature or whatever it's called, everyone's doing everything they can to attract viewers to stay relevant on the sub-box.

CuriousCleffa

Aspiring Trainer
Maserati777 said:

Yeah, I agree. If the best card is on the thumbnail, then it kind of ruins the video (at least to me) to watch it because there's no surprise in the openings.
I try to make sure that I don't do that to my thumbnails or titles. Even with booster boxes, I make my own thumbnails so the best pulls are not ruined. :)

acebren

Aspiring Trainer
Slowbro Master said:
So, what is the opinion of Primetime Pokemon?

9/10 of the dudes last videos have been free card by mail's lol, can anyone explain to me what compels someone to send him cards? to get a shout out on youtube? desperados

also i find unlisted leaf a bit annoying, that doesnt stop my lil bros watching him though