Card Errors Database (Include Images!)

RE: New Errors and Misprints Thread

theducktamer said:
It doesn't look fake. That holo is extremely hard to fake... It's interesting though. I've never seen anything like it.

What do you think I should do?

Turquoise card: http://oi46.tinypic.com/54d44.jpg <-- Shows the copyright.
Comparison: http://oi46.tinypic.com/34jelnk.jpg

Can you help me identify this card please: http://oi45.tinypic.com/2ef6u4x.jpg

Hi I'm trying to figure out if card I got in a pack is fake or if there was an error printing or something. The card is from the Black & White and is Pikachu 115/114. Everything on the card is exactly the same as the pictures that I see online except for the abilities. The pics online show "Energize" & "Thunderbolt" with the descriptions of each below them. My card instead has "Rear Kick" & "Rear Kick" as the abilities, but has the same descriptions as the cards I have seen online. Can anyone enlighten me on this. Thanks

Shagdaddy35 said:
Hi I'm trying to figure out if card I got in a pack is fake or if there was an error printing or something. The card is from the Black & White and is Pikachu 115/114. Everything on the card is exactly the same as the pictures that I see online except for the abilities. The pics online show "Energize" & "Thunderbolt" with the descriptions of each below them. My card instead has "Rear Kick" & "Rear Kick" as the abilities, but has the same descriptions as the cards I have seen online. Can anyone enlighten me on this. Thanks

It could be a rare misprint or could be a fake one. Can you show us a pic?

Also make sure it is the glossy secret rare, if it isn't then it's obviously fake.

New Rule: Please provide a picture when sharing a possible fake or misprint.

Thanks.

RE: New Errors and Misprints Thread >New Rule: Please Provide a Picture When Sharing a Possible Fake or Misprint.

Can anyone help me on my issue?

RE: New Errors and Misprints Thread >New Rule: Please Provide a Picture When Sharing a Possible Fake or Misprint.

My friend told me that this card might be very rare. It's not damaged or colored after print.

magamax.jpg

So, what do you think?
{D}{R}

What's the issue with it? If you are wondering about the value of a card, it belongs here: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-the-how-much-is-a-card-worth-topic

Nah, just want to know if it's really rare or should I throw it to fireplace.

Then that is where it belongs.

LouisHirst, that Japanese card is Sabrina's Psychic Control, it exists in English as well. It's nothing too special. Fun card, though.

Any help with the turquoise card issue?

In pulling my Zekrom FA for a trade, I discover I have 4 varieties.

img017eg.jpg

From right to left
Black Background
Light gray Background
Medium gray Background
Medium gray Background bubbles. Where the others background are grains, this one looks like bubbles and the bubbles are a mixture of filled and empty.

History of cards - I pulled all cards myself from sealed packs. The first two were from a sealed box and promo boxes and tins at the time of BW release. The last two came from promo boxes.

Anyone know more?

The black one is the normal one, the light gray one is a Prerelease misprint, . The medium gray I have no idea about (probably miscolour). the medium gray bubbles is probably just an end of batch thing.

Alright, so I've been going through my cards again recently because of the McDonald's toys.

This is a holographic Haunter I've had for a long long time. I never spilled anything on the card, it was printed this way:

You can see the ink spill better from this angle

Also, I have both of these :)

For the Haunter, I've seen people ask about cards with similar stains but I don't think it has been officially identified and given a legit cause.

What is wrong with the Gyarados cards?

Nothing wrong with them, but I just don't see both of them anywhere.

The blue sky (on the left) one has © 1995, 96, 98, 99 but the black sky has © 1995, 96, 98.

And the fonts are slightly different ("Flip a coin. If heads," vs "Flip a coin. If")

Just curious how rare they are

Well, both cards are from Base Set, which is the very first set.

The first card, which is lighter, is the shadowless version. You can tell not only by the extra 99 on the bottom but by the lack of a shadow around the image box.
The second card is the normal shadow version.

For more information, visit here: Base Set Card Guide

What would you call a card on which the back is not centered (where one side of the border is thicker than the other side)? I went through a couple hundred of my cards and pulled out about five on which this occurrence was pretty obvious. On a few other cards you could tell that one side of the border was thicker than the other, but by only a small amount. I'm assuming this is a fairly common error?

I'm sorry that I don't have any scans of the cards attached to this post, I'll try to attach one tomorrow.

It's just a miscut, where in the printing process they cut to much from 1-2 sides.

Back