Card Errors Database (Include Images!)

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member
Luispipe8 said:
Members can use this Thread to post about Card Errors you come across.

Here, you can post Errors in a card's structure or production, which include but are not limited to:
  • Missing/Moved Set/Energy/Collection symbols.
  • Typos on a card's text.
  • Missing/Additional text/images on a card.
  • Incorrect Energy symbols.
You can't post:
  • Misprints of any kind (Use this Thread for reporting Card Misprints).

Each misprint or error will be classified by one of these categorizations:
omahanime said:
Error Class:

Uncorrected: When every printed version of that card has the same error. Since every card has the same error, there should be no added value. In a set list, there should be a note of Uncorrected Error.

Corrected: When a card is first produced with an error, and later runs have a corrected card. The more valuable card is the harder one to find.

Production: When a run of cards of cards have the same error, that differs them from the rest of run. Examples: d Edition Butterfree, Dialga G LV X, yellow Fire energy. This error usually has added value.

Printer: When a single card, or a very small run of cards have the same error. Normally smudges, miscuts, or alignment errors. Value is variable and discretionary.

If you have any error cards not mentioned below, please don't hesitate to post in this thread so it can be added to the list. Miscut cards are somewhat common and aren't considered "Error" cards, more just considered Miscut and left as is. Unless there is evidence of every printing of that card being miscut, the card shouldn't be submitted to be added to the list as there are plenty of miscut cards and it would take far too much time to enter a miscut error for any and every card that's ever been miscut.

Thank you!

Corrected:

Base Set 68/102 Vulpix Printed as HP 50 rather than 50 HP Corrected in a late print run

Jungle 30/82 Non-Holo Dark Vileplume First printing had a fighting weakness instead of a fire weakness Corrected in later printing

Jungle First Edition 33/64 Butterfree A number of First Edition printings of this card were printed with a symbol that looked like "Edition d" instead of "Edition 1" due to an ink bubble in printing Corrected in a later printing

Jungle 44/64 Rapidash This card refers to Ponyta as a Stage 1 Pokemon when it is in fact a basic Pokemon Corrected in Legendary Collection

Team Rocket 19/82 Dark Arbok Some prints of this card have a 3 inbetween the 2 and the 0 in the copyright date, making the copyright date "23000" instead of "2000" Later Corrected

Gym Challenge 2/132 Blaine's Charizard Some prints of this card had a {F} as the energy required for this card's attacks, when it should've been {R}. Later Corrected

Diamond and Pearl 120/130 Empoleon LVL.X Early print runs of this card have a Poke-Body symbol instead of the intended Poke-Power symbol Later Corrected

Production:

Promo 13 Dark Persian A few copies of this card were printed without an HP count, having the top margin of the card contain only the Pokemon's name and the type symbol. Limited Error

Base Set 2/110 Blastoise A few copies of this card were printed without the word "Stage" over the card it evolves from Limited Error

Base Set 6/102 Gyarados A few copies of this card had the collection number too far to the left Limited Error

Base Set 17/102 Ninetails A few copies of this card did not have the damage for the attack Fire Blast printed next to the attack Limited Error

Base Set 50/102 Kakuna A few copies of this card had the weight printed as the length Limited Error

Base Set 42/102 Wartortle A few copies of this card had Wartortle as the picture in the Evolves From box instead of Squirtle Limited Error

Base Set 68/102 Bulbasaur Early prints of this card listed the weight as the length Limited Error

Base Set 69/102 Caterpie Early prints of this card had the HP listed as HP 40 instead of 40 HP Limited Error

Base Set 47/102 Diglett Some early prints of this card had the {F} energy symbol in the energy cost of it's attacks rotated 90 degrees clockwise Limited Error

Base Set 54/102 Metapod Early print runs of this card had it's HP listed as HP 70 instead of 70 HP Limited Error

Base Set 58/102 Pikachu A Red-Cheeked variant came from an experimental print run of First Edition and the error was also included in some of the early Unlimited Print Runs Limited Error

Base Set 62/102 Sandshrew Early prints of the card had the effect of the attack say "This attack does nothing" rather than "That attack does nothing" Limited Error

Base Set 67/102 Voltorb Some prints of this card list Poke Ball as "Monster Ball", the Japanese counterpart of Poke ball in it's flavor text Limited Error

Base Set 102/102 Water Energy Some prints of this card had no space between the margin and the water symbol, along with "Energy" being in all caps Limited Error

Jungle First Edition 2/64 Electrode A number of cards from the First Edition printing of Jungle had the Base Set Electrode artwork instead of the Jungle artwork Limited Error

Jungle Select Cards Printed without the Jungle set symbol Limited Error

First Edition Fossil 15/62 Zapdos A number of printings of this card have a space left out for an Evolution Box in the holo when Zapdos is in fact a basic Limited Error

Team Rocket 44/82 Dark Rapidash A number of copies of this card are missing "Length" in the Pokemon's stats. Limited Error

Team Rocket 22/82 Dark Dragonite The energy symbols for the attack cost of this card are not properly centered in the holo version of this card. Also, roughly 5000 of these cards which were meant to be holo were printed as non-holo Limited Error

Aquapolis 20/147 Lanturn Some Reverse-Holo versions of this card have an unnecessary Poke-Body icon when Lanturn in fact does not have a Poke-Body. Limited Error

Aquapolis 3/147 Ariados The holographic version of the card reads "defending Pokémon" where it should read "Defending Pokémon". Limited Error

EX Dragon 25/97 Combusken The print of this card featured in the EX Battle Stadium deck kit as part of the Blaziken Deck was printed as being a Stage 2 Pokémon, when it is in fact a Stage One Pokemon. Limited Error

EX Holon Phantoms 48/110 Persian δ Some prints of this card stated, "This Pokemon evolves from Mankey", rather than "This Pokemon evolves from Meowth", being that Meowth is Persian's pre-evolution. Limited Error

EX Crystal Guardians Select Cards Select cards were printed with spelling mistakes in the Pokemon's attack description. Limited Error

EX Power Keepers 28/108 Charmeleon Some prints of the card list Charmeleon as evolving from Vulpix. Charmeleon is the Stage 1 form of Charmander, not Vulpix. Limited Error

Platinum 23/127 Dialga Some Reverse-Holo prints of this card had Dialga's type listed as {C} when it should be {M} Limited Error

Platinum 122/127 Dialga G LVL.X Some prints of this card that were included in the Clash of Legends Box were featured having Dialga G LVL.X's weakness {R}, colored yellow and it's weakness {P} colored blue. Limited Error

Call of Legends 66/95 Phanpy On early prints of this card, Phanpy is misspelled twice as Phanphy in the Ultra-Thick Skin Poké-Body. Limited Error

Uncorrected:

Jungle 46/64 Seaking This card refers to Goldeen as a Stage 1 Pokemon when it is in fact a basic Pokemon Uncorrected

Team Rocket 22/82 Dark Dragonite The energy symbols for the attack cost of this card are not properly centered in the holo version of this card. Also, roughly 5000 of these cards which were meant to be holo were printed as non-holo. Uncorrected

Team Rocket 7/82 Dark Golbat In the printing of this card, there is a space missing before the last sentence in it's Poke-Power, causing it to read "Pokemon.Apply". Also, the English version of this card states "Apply Weakness and Resistance" where it's Japanese version says "Do not Apply Weakness and Resistance". Uncorrected

Team Rocket 57/82 Grimer This card's attack, Poison Gas should read "The Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned" instead of "The Defending Pokémon is now Asleep". Uncorrected

Team Rocket 83/82 Dark Raichu The interior of the card's evolution box is light gray, not dark gray as opposed to other Pokémon with Dark in their names from the Team Rocket set. Uncorrected

Gym Challenge 119/132 Rocket's Minefield Gym This card does not state how many damage counters to place if the coin flip fails. It is supposed to say "Place 2 damage counters" should the coin flip land tails. Uncorrected

Neo Genesis 11/111 Meganium This card's Poke-Power's text is in black, where it is supposed to be red. Uncorrected

Nep Genesis 86/111 Focus Band There is a white bar underneath the artwork on the card, probably due to a misalignment. Uncorrected

Neo Discovery 10/75 Scizor This card's attack states that the damage is "20+" when it should be "20x". Uncorrected

Neo Discovery 41/75 Kakuna This card's copyright date says 1999-2001 instead of saying 1999-2000. Uncorrected

Neo Revelation 21/64 Raichu The text on this card stating to put Raichu onto a Pikachu to evolve it is unnecessarily bolded and italicized. Uncorrected

Neo Revelation 59/64 Zubat This card's weakness is listed as {F} but does not say "-30" as the weakness condition. Uncorrected

New Destiny 32/105 Dark Croconaw This card's Pokedex entry says that Croconaw has 49 teeth when it in fact has 48 teeth. Uncorrected

Neo Destiny 33/105 Dark Exeggutor This card's name is printed as "Dark Exeggcutor" instead of "Dark Exeggutor", including an unnecessary "c". Uncorrected

Neo Destiny 113/105 Shining Tyranitar This card's Pokedex entry has "just" misspelled as "hust". Uncorrected

Expedition 39/165 Charizard This card states to put Charizard onto Charmander a basic pokemon, when in fact Charizard must be placed on Charmeleon, the previous Stage One Pokemon, Uncorrected

Ex Ruby and Saphire 45/109 Slakoth The second "F" in this card's attack "Slack Off" is not bolded, making it look like "Slack Off" Uncorrected

EX Team Aqua vs. Team Magma 19/95 Team Magma's Camerupt The second self-reference in the Poké-Power spells the word "Magma" incorrectly. It is spelt "Mamga" instead of "Magma".
Uncorrected

EX FireRed and LeafGreen 32/112 Drowzee This cards name is actually printed as Drowsee instead of Drowzee. Uncorrected

EX FireRed and LeafGreen 25/112 Hypno This card reads "Evolves from Drowsee", when the correct spelling would be "Drowzee". This also ties in to the fact that Drowzee had the error of being spelled "Drowsee" also. Uncorrected

EX Deoxys 48/107 Starmie This card uses the stock art of Staryu from the Generation 1 stock art rather than the FireRed Leafgreen stock art of Staryu which was more recent. Uncorrected

Stormfront 62/100 Gastly This card reads "You opponent" in it's effect for the attack Pitch-Dark, when it should read "Your opponent". Uncorrected

Supreme Victors 118/147 Pachirisu EleSquirrel is misspelled as "Elesquirrel" on this card in the flavor text. Uncorrected

HeartGold and SoulSilver 114/123 Lugia Legend Bottom Half This card has the word "it" misspelled as "lit" in the flavor text of this Pokemon. Uncorrected

HS: Triumphant 74/102 Psyduck On Tripping Headbutt's effect, a typo has the word Flip spelled with l and i reversed, making it say Filp instead of Flip.
Uncorrected

HS: Triumphant 53/103 Weepinbell On Corrode Target's effect, a typo has the word Flip spelled with l and i reversed, making it say Filp instead of Flip.

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
RE: New Errors and Misprints Thread

I have a Gloom where there are 2 authors in the same space written over eachother. Would that just be a print error? Nice job with the thread!

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member

I would assume that it is just a one time error, and yes, it would be considered a printing error.

Thanks (Only took forever :p ) :)

Domo

RIP Kim Jong il

I have this aipom that the writing is all messed up, i treasued it for some reason. (i know for a fact it isnt fake)

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member

Yes, there is an Aipom that has messed up writing. Im not sure if that's actually a large printing error, but if someone can provide evidence that it is, it will definetely be added to the list :)

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer

scuba stevee said:
Have y'all heard of the blank error cards? I only know of two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etHR-d2GSrA&feature=related He shows it at the 7:45 mark and the other one is showned in a video response to that video. The first one was pulled in Platinum Arceus pack and the second is claimed to be pull in a Triumphant pack.
How much are they worth? I have one, but not holo :mad: I could sell it if they were worth anything

Finale Fireworker

Aspiring Trainer

I would like to respond to a few different things here, because this error thread is filled with errors.

"Base Set 68/102 Vulpix Printed as HP 50 rather than 50 HP Corrected in a late print run."
-To elaborate further, Vulpix was only corrected in the final "Base 2000" print-run that was not distributed in the US. These cards are identified by a copyright in the bottom margin that reads "1999-2000" instead of simply "1999". These cards, while still very rare, were only distributed in Great Britain. These cards are considered more scarce than both Shadowless and 1st Edition prints of the Base Set.

"Jungle 30/82 Non-Holo Dark Vileplume First printing had a fighting weakness instead of a fire weakness Corrected in later printing."
This card was never corrected. Never in my travels and exhaustive research have I come across a scan or evidence of this card with the correct weakness to Fire. I would be pleased to be proved wrong, but I have no reason to believe I am. Also, you list this card incorrectly as Jungle instead of Rocket.

"Team Rocket 19/82 Dark Arbok Some prints of this card have a 3 inbetween the 2 and the 0 in the copyright date, making the copyright date "23000" instead of "2000" Later Corrected"
See Above. This card was never corrected.

"Base Set 6/102 Gyarados A few copies of this card had the collection number too far to the left Limited Error."
Every single Gyarados, including the Base 2000 print, has this error. You will never find one that doesn't.

"Base Set 50/102 Kakuna A few copies of this card had the weight printed as the length Limited Error"
This error is present in 1st Edition and Shadowless prints.

"Base Set 47/102 Diglett Some early prints of this card had the energy symbol in the energy cost of it's attacks rotated 90 degrees clockwise Limited Error"
It's rotated ninety degress COUNTER clockwise and occurred in the normal Unlimited Print run, not early prints at all.

"A number of cards from the First Edition printing of Jungle had the Base Set Electrode artwork instead of the Jungle artwork Limited Error"
This was never corrected. ALL 1st Edition Jungle Electrodes are like this.

"Jungle Select Cards Printed without the Jungle set symbol Limited Error"
These cards were the sixteen holographic cards. They are the only ones.

"First Edition Fossil 15/62 Zapdos A number of printings of this card have a space left out for an Evolution Box in the holo when Zapdos is in fact a basic Limited Error"
This also occurs in the Unlimited run. It was eventually corrected.

"Team Rocket 44/82 Dark Rapidash A number of copies of this card are missing "Length" in the Pokemon's stats. Limited Error"
ALL cards. Never corrected. Not limited at all.

You are also missing several other errors:
1. Black Star Promo #1 was accidentally stamped with a 1st Edition mark and loaded into Jungle Packs. There is a limited quantity of Promo Pikachu's with a 1st Edition mark.
2. A limited number of base-set Machamp were accidentally printed with the Japanese style of holofoil.
3. A limited number of base-set Pikachu are only partially stamped with a 1st Edition mark.
4. You make no mention of the extremely valuable "square-cut" holos from Base Set.
5. You make no mention of the three Legendary Bird promos.

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer

This list will help me greatly :)

and I have 2 error cards i have though not sure how to place them on the list cus i dunno if anyone else has them:

Typhlosion with a white ink bubble thing on the art from Neo Destiny

Pikachu from Majestic Dawn has a lil red dot a bit above the Pikachu on the Blue background

note: post written with 3DS

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

The-Kaiser said:
This list will help me greatly :)

and I have 2 error cards i have though not sure how to place them on the list cus i dunno if anyone else has them:

Typhlosion with a white ink bubble thing on the art from Neo Destiny

Pikachu from Majestic Dawn has a lil red dot a bit above the Pikachu on the Blue background

note: post written with 3DS
I would classify them as Printer errors

scuba steveE

Absolute

pokemonjoe said:
How much are they worth? I have one, but not holo :mad: I could sell it if they were worth anything
To be honest, I have no idea. :\ I would keep it for right now.

MonsterHunter909

Formerly Known as Tybike

Just to be heplpful I would add some pics. Kinda hard to match without them. Just pull them off of the other thread.

theducktamer

Tamer of all Ducks!

Finale Fireworker said:
You are also missing several other errors:
1. Black Star Promo #1 was accidentally stamped with a 1st Edition mark and loaded into Jungle Packs. There is a limited quantity of Promo Pikachu's with a 1st Edition mark.
2. A limited number of base-set Machamp were accidentally printed with the Japanese style of holofoil.
3. A limited number of base-set Pikachu are only partially stamped with a 1st Edition mark.
4. You make no mention of the extremely valuable "square-cut" holos from Base Set.
5. You make no mention of the three Legendary Bird promos.

I would like to elaborate on these. =]

1. I don't believe these cards were ever inserted into packs, but they did accidentally get the 1st edition stamp. I believe they were handed out at leagues like the normal promos.

2. It wasn't an accident. These Machamps were released in a Base Set 2 starter CD set and resembled the Base Set 2 cards. Strangely though, it is a BASE SET Machamp and not Base Set 2.

3. Only Shadowless Pikachus.

5. The Legendary Bird promos released in the US had the artist error, this was corrected only in the UK release.

silentsword77

ひかるミュウ
Errors or Fakes? Cosmos Foil Zapdos & Moltres ex from FRLG

I posted this on Gym, figured I might try to get more information about these here :)

I bought these on auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330670797342?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320828444694?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

FRLG Zapdos and Moltres ex with the regular ex foil instead of the "broken" foil pattern they usually have.

Is there any chance these are real? I was skeptical, but if they are fakes, they're much better fakes than most ex cards - most fakes either have yellow borders or offset/wrong font.

In any case, I am sure I could get a refund if they're clearly counterfeit upon inspection, so I'm not too worried. Just wanting some input, whether it is possible that some of the Legendary Bird ex's were printed on a regular foil sheet. People on Pokegym say that it was indeed possible, but can't remember how. If anyone has ever owned one of these, or seen one before (with cosmos foil instead of glass foil) please share your input. Thanks!

Shakespeare

Collecting and playing from day one.
RE: Errors or Fakes? Cosmos Foil Zapdos & Moltres ex from FRLG

Wow...if they are fakes, they are good ones.
I have never seen them with the "bubble" holo pattern shown in the pictures,
All I have seen are the "broken glass" type too.

*edit*
It is possible they are theme deck variants but I don't think there were any in that set.

silentsword77

ひかるミュウ

Yeah, I thought they looked extremely real, so I decided to get them to see what they were like in person.

Also, I asked the seller, and he said that he was the first owner of all of the ex cards he was selling, having pulled them years ago and is selling them now to raise money for college. I wonder if some legendary birds got onto the wrong foil sheet and got printed this way?

Shakespeare

Did he have the Articuno?

The rest of the ex cards from the set have the "bubble" pattern.
It looks VERY real. I think they are real and are errors.
Looks like some of the birds got printed on the wrong holo paper.

silentsword77

ひかるミュウ

According to PokePop, this is a rather uncommon error where the birds were indeed printed on the wrong foil.

Shakespeare

Looks like you got a real good deal.