Card Errors Database (Include Images!)

RE: New Errors and Misprints Thread >New Rule: Please Provide a Picture When Sharing a Possible Fake or Misprint.

Okay, thank you. I wasn't sure if that was what "miscut" meant.

RE: New Errors and Misprints Thread >New Rule: Please Provide a Picture When Sharing a Possible Fake or Misprint.

Be wary, some people think being a miscut adds to the value. This really only holds true when the card is extremely miscut (like so much it has some of another card on it). Other than that, most people don't care for the miscut because if you were to get the card graded, it would prevent it from getting a PSA 10.

That's what I figured. When I saw the first miscut card that I pulled out, I thought I might have had something cool... then I pulled another, and another, and another. It started to get pretty annoying!

It would be interesting to see a card that was so badly miscut that it had part of another card on it :O

I have one card that had a very small piece of a pointed corner that was very loosely attached to the top right corner (as if the rounded corner was cut from a square). I just picked it off though, didn't think it would increase the value at all.

Secret Pikachu said:
It would be interesting to see a card that was so badly miscut that it had part of another card on it :O

Here's one: -click-

Secret Pikachu said:
Now THAT is a cool error card :p. I have never seen anything like it.

That is the only image of such error that I have seen, so if you see one for sale, let me know ;)

That isn't an error card, it was a decoration made deliberately by WotC for the STS tournaments, the back is 4 more cards rather than a traditional back.

All I know that I think you missed is that there is a Cherubi from I don't remember which set (I think Supreme Victors) that has its height messed up so it says something like 5 feet, and there is a Delta, holographic, fire-type Mew from a POP set in which the back is reversed so that if you turn the card around the back of the card is upside-down.

Just discovered this on PokeGym:

A good amount of Call of Legends Reverse Holo cards have an error. The error is that the Energy symbol inside the circle is too far too the right. I have not seen one where this does not happen, but another member has told me they have one where this does not happen. Here is an example:

$(KGrHqV,!h0E-jycwQ5hBPztGjptw!~~60_3.JPG

Daelum said:
Just discovered this on PokeGym:

A good amount of Call of Legends Reverse Holo cards have an error. The error is that the Energy symbol inside the circle is too far too the right. I have not seen one where this does not happen, but another member has told me they have one where this does not happen. Here is an example:

$(KGrHqV,!h0E-jycwQ5hBPztGjptw!~~60_3.JPG

From what I've noticed, that's actually on quite a few of my CoL cards from the Prerelease and early print runs. It seems to be an error that was corrected later on.

The Hoppip and Skiploom Dragons Exalted cards (on front page) both have Skiploom's Pokedex entry. It also happens on both of mine too.

I went to a Dragons Exalted Prerelease yesterday and all of my normal rares from my first six packs were square cut. Here is a video:
Link

I really couldn't see anything in the video ):

Are they as square cut as this Mewtwo?

No, it isn't quite that sharp, and it is only on 2 Corners. Other than that, almost.

41-zapdos.jpg

I am wondering if the weakness on this card is supposed to be Electric since it is Electric but is not a double type as Flying/Electric? I am wondering because normally in the VG games Electric is not very effective against Zapdos and the weakness says x2 and I was wondering if this was true or if it is fake? Looks like a Misprint to me XD Normally a ground or Steel Type would do some damage along with a rock type so I am puzzled by this XD. Thanks.:)

It's weakness is Lightning probably because it's a bird. That's the only way I can justify it. :V

RE: New Errors and Misprints Thread >New Rule: Please Provide a Picture When Sharing

xxashxx said:
41-zapdos.jpg

I am wondering if the weakness on this card is supposed to be Electric since it is Electric but is not a double type as Flying/Electric? I am wondering because normally in the VG games Electric is not very effective against Zapdos and the weakness says x2 and I was wondering if this was true or if it is fake? Looks like a Misprint to me XD Normally a ground or Steel Type would do some damage along with a rock type so I am puzzled by this XD. Thanks.:)

I have the Japanese version of that Zapdos and it has a Lightning weakness too. My guess it's not a misprint.

I still don't get it. How can an electric type Pokemon have a weakness of Electric when it is not a double weakness Pokemon? Electric is not very effective on a Electric type Pokemon. If it was a double type Pokemon of Electric/Flying then it would be the right weakness. It is a misprint as far as I can see. I need a mods input please. Thanks XD.:)

Zapdos is Lightning/Flying, so it's not a misprint.

I know he is XD. But the card itself shows he is only Electric. If he is Flying/Electric they need to do a double type of the first or second symbol being Colorless to show that he is a Flying type also. They have this in the VGC and if I am not mistaken they do have cards with dual types. If his weakness is Electric why isn't the card a dual type card. See what I mean? It does not make sense does it? Not to me. Anyway Not to sound harsh but they really need to make dual types present so everyone knows. Technically it is a misprint. I bet there are other people that would think the same too. TPC really needs to update their cards better. They updated them but the did not finish on some of them XD.:)

Back