Discussion Carbink (Meta Wrecker)

Mega Mewthree...

A new threat has appeared.
Hey there everyone. As I was looking at cards from the newest set I stumble across... Carbink. This card is amazing. It is a 90 hp fairy basic. It has 1 retreat cost. However, its most appealing factor by far is its first attack. For 1 double colorless energy this Pokemon does 30 damage and prevents all effects of attack including damage done to it by Pokemon with abilities during your opponents next turn. This makes it invincible to all Pokemon with abilities. Allow me to remind you which Pokemon currently have abilities....
  • Malamar
  • Necrozma GX
  • Oranguru
  • Marshadow GX
  • Metagross GX
  • Naganadel
  • Rayquaza GX
  • Vikavolt
  • Lycanroc GX
  • Solgaleo GX
  • Tapu koko GX
  • decidueye GX
  • Silvally GX
  • Zoroark GX
  • Dawn Wings Necrozma GX
  • Tapu lele GX
  • Gardevoir GX
  • Suicune GX
  • Zerora GX
  • Hoopa
  • Alolan Ninetales GX
  • Alolan Nimetales
  • Glaceon GX
  • Greninja GX
  • Banette GX
  • Scizor GX
  • sceptile
The list continues to other non-GX Pokemon as well. This does leave Carbink with a few problems however, these problems are as followed...
  • Ultra necrozma GX
  • Buzzwole GX
  • Buzzwole
  • Tapu Koko
  • Sceptile GX
  • Blacephalon GX
  • Naganadel GX
However, these cards are not to hard to deal with. Allow me to introduce Carbink's good luck charm.... Fariy Charm. The new Fairy Charm cards say that when it is attached to a fairy type, EX and GX of certain types can't attack that fairy type. There is a dragon fairy charm to deal with Ultra Necrozma GX, a fighting fairy charm to deal with Buzzwole GX, a grass type fairy charm to deal with Sceptile GX, and a psychic fairy charm to deal with Naganadel GX.

Unfortunately Carbink does need help from a few friends. To deal with Blacephalon GX and spread decks, I have been playing either of the two standard Regice and Drampa GX respectively.

I know this was long but if you read it till the end tell me of any interesting combos you can think of or anything I missed. I firmly believe that with the correct combination this deck could wreck the meta.

It does too little damage and your opponent can just set something up to deal with it. Decidueye-GX just snipes it. Metagross promotes a Metang and it's bye-bye Carbink. Rayquaza has Dhelmise. Buzzwole obliteraties both Carbink and Drampa...the list goes on.

It's a nice stalling tech in some decks (mostly meme ones - I've seen it used in Slowking/Girafarig) but once your opponent catches on what you're doing it's easy to deal with it. If it somehow became meta it would be very easy for most major decks to tech against it.

Back