Discussion Captivating Poke Puff & Competitive Sylveon

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
I've been racking my head in how to alleviate Sylveon decks going to tie games in tournaments...or to just not run the deck post-rotation. And I think I have something:

Captivating Poke Puff

I haven't tested this out...or played in an actual ones event. But I've been scouring the rules regarding time limits, last 3 turns, etc.

The idea is that, you go to time and you get your last few turns.
On either of those last turns, you 'Ribbon a Puff-Lysandre/Guzma-DCE.

Next turn, play Puff (bringing down a 110 or less HP basic), Bring it up, DCE for Fairy Wind and KO it, giving you one prize.

At the end of the turns, you'll have more prizes taken (assuming you're at even prizes before these shenanigans start) and be given a game win. And this should put you into match win territory...or a tie at the very worst.

Again, this is all theory going over the rules and playing Sylveon in Pokémon Leagues since May.

Would this be a viable solution for Sylveon decks?

EDIT: as per guidelines, this would only work if tgis would allow you to take 50% of your prize cards. So you'd need to knock a GX out beforehand, something Sylveon isn't able to do on a whim.

Dang, now I need to build a new deck for League Cups and shell out for some Leles

Last edited:
Back