CandyDonk

Milky

4 Mewtwo 4 Revive 48 Energy 4 DCE
Just something I cooked up while googling rare candy for my GarTaria deck. I noticed the HGSS and BW one have completely different effects. It's OBVIOUSLY inferior to Dark.donk. Turn 1 90 with like 5 cards.

The current rare candy trainer card only allows you to evolve basics into stage two Pokemon. The previous rare candy prints however, allowed you to do this for stage one Pokemon two, bypassing the first turn rule.

What this means is you can get any stage one setup on the first turn rather than turn two, a valuable benefit to speed Eels, notably. It requires numerous cards in both your starting and refreshed hand, as do most donk decks. This is what is required. A lot of what is required contradicts and leads to other cards, extending its versatility.

Professor Oak's New Theory

If this card is used, Ultra Ball, Junk Arm or any other discard fueled trainer is necessary to get the energy in the discard.

Professor Juniper

If this card Is used, Ultra Ball is not necessary, but either another search engine is or a powerful basic Pokemon needs to be drawn.

Smeargle

If this card is used, you may use another supporter, allowing you to increase your chances of getting the donk.

Switch / Skyarrow Bridge

Skyarrow can be used to retreat a smeargle, while switch can be used to retreat the Eel since you have to have the basic Pokemon on the bench, then get it to the active position.

Rare Candy

No duh. You need to have both this and Eel in one refreshed hand and you need t have benched the Tynamo.

First Ticket

Not necessary at all, but I highly recommend it. It's great to use as ball fodder and going first could mean donk or no donk.

Energy

You need the energy to actually donk. 1 to dynamotor and 1 to attach manually. You have to juniper this away so you can dynamotor it.

Ok, so maybe looking over it the donk doesn't work. I mean, glinting claw for T1 50 and a possible extra 30? I'll stick to Mewtwo EX DCE donk. But wow, T1 Eel. Awesome, now I wish we had this card in a better format, like BW-on. In a meta where everyone runs over 9000 supporters it can be difficult to find space for such a deck. In BW-on everyone will be trying to be as fast as possible, so they'll run 4-4 Eels, 4 Ultra Ball, 4 Pk Comm, 4 Level Ball and 4 Skyla. We never had space for that in HGSS, so Candy was really a forgotten card in the wrong format.

R.I.P T1 Eelektrik

Wait, what? You can't get an Eelektrik turn 1, there was an errata when Black and White came out that said you could not play Rare Candy when you could not evolve (like on the first turn or the first turn you play a pokemon) and it can't be used to evolve basics into Stage 1s.

Wait really? Well that's embarrassing.

Give me some time and I'll turn this thread into something better.

Back