Ruling Can the Ludicargo combo be used more than once per turn?

DrkrZen

1337 G33K
Just asking.. 'cuz I faced this guy who had a pair of Colo and a pair of Cargo and he used the Ludicargo combo twice per turn.

When I asked about it the "once per turn thing" ..he said that's only for Pidgeot.

Are the "Once during your turn.." Pokepowers/bodies able to have multiple uses if you have more than one of the Pokemon?

'Once during your turn..' I always took literally. 'Cuz this guy was getting 2 cards of his choice every turn. 3 cards if I didn't KO two 3 Colos 3 turns in a row.

Wouldn't that make Ludicargo a bit broken? At least.. if it's played in this way.

Thanks for clearing up this confusion.. 'cuz I'm barely keeping my head above water against this Ludicargo deck.

yeah he can get 2 cards same turn if he have 2 cargo on the field and 2 ludicolo he can use power and search for 2 cards in his deck

Good, yes. However, it DOES need a Stage 2 AND a Stage 1, as opposed to just a Stage 2. So broken, no.

The 'only once your turn' effect you're looking for is at the end of the Pokepower. For Pidgeot, it states that "You can't use more than one Quick Search Poke-Power per turn". In other words, you can only use one power with that name, per turn.
The "Once during your turn" effect at the beginning of the 'Power simply means that you can't do it as many times as you like for that one Pokemon, as opposed to "As often as you like" (eg. UFO Ampharos).

Back