Discussion Can Mill Be Meta?

Mao999

Aspiring Trainer
I'm asking myself this question, because i'm playing and trying hard a houndoom/bunnelby mill deck in those days. I'm trying all the possible limits and the two only threats are the super fast decks like the Mega Manectric deck or the brand new electro-deluge (Raikou-Magnezone).
I've played against some absurd amount of vespiquen and nightmarch and i think it's a very good deck for the current meta! I've always won against them :)
At this point i'm looking for your impressions about it, and maybe the experiences you have tryied playing this kind of deck!

I've been playing this a lot lately, and I'll say that the current meta is not kind to it. Dark is a really tough matchup because Zoroark makes stalling impossible. You can devote a lot of resources to 2HKOing it but you might be better off just sticking to the mill. Manectric variants are probably this deck's worst nightmare: little to no Special Energy used, a bunch of low-retreat Pokemon, and Turbo Bolt makes energy denial impossible as well.

Vespiquen and Night March can go either way depending on their deck makeup. If they play Bronzong you can gust him up for basically an auto-win if their Float Stones are gone. Assault Vest is very good in these matchups, but not many others. I played against this deck at Cities two weeks ago using Night March and I was able to win mainly thanks to Milotic getting my DCEs back.

It is definitely a fun deck but it won't be top tier any time soon, if at all.

I can't see them consistently topping, but I imagine mill decks would be a nice meta call if there's a lot of Night March/Vespiquen and other turbo decks like Entei or Camerupt in your area.

I can't see them consistently topping, but I imagine mill decks would be a nice meta call if there's a lot of Night March/Vespiquen and other turbo decks like Entei or Camerupt in your area.
in my area the most played decks are nightmarch and vespiquen variants!
So i was asking myself if it's worthy or not to going along with this kind of deck

I have recently been playing a Houndoom mill deck and I have found great success with it. I have played against all decks in the meta and the only ones that I have had trouble with where those that ran Seismitoad with damage acceleration (muscle band, bats, etc.). If you struggle against mega Manectric run Jamming net and hard charm (it should give you enough time to mill before the KO. Also don't forget that the new Garbodour should help with a lot more matchups.

I have recently been playing a Houndoom mill deck and I have found great success with it. I have played against all decks in the meta and the only ones that I have had trouble with where those that ran Seismitoad with damage acceleration (muscle band, bats, etc.). If you struggle against mega Manectric run Jamming net and hard charm (it should give you enough time to mill before the KO. Also don't forget that the new Garbodour should help with a lot more matchups.
i was also thinking to a 2/2 team aqua's muk along with two aqua hideout :)

Aqua Hideout should be your Stadium of choice anyway. The only thing I don't like about Muk is that if he gets gusted up front he is a huge liability and it can be tough to get him back to the bench.

Aqua Hideout should be your Stadium of choice anyway. The only thing I don't like about Muk is that if he gets gusted up front he is a huge liability and it can be tough to get him back to the bench.
i'm currently playing 2 parallel city in my list!
So team aqua hideout is the etter choice?

I think so. It makes stalling that much easier.

Parallel City does have its merits--the damage reduction is nice, and it's always helpful to limit your opponent's Bench space--but I find it to be more devastating to lock some fat Pokemon with a big-ass retreat cost up front. Aqua Hideout turns a modest 2 retreat into 3 retreat which prevents them from attaching a double energy and retreating, which you can simply remove with the card of your choice. And if they manage to run by attaching basic and then the double and then retreating, that's fine. They just blew one of their doubles on a retreat. Gust him back out next turn.

i'm currently playing 2 parallel city in my list!
So team aqua hideout is the etter choice?
I also play aqua hideout as a 2 of in my deck with the other stadium being a parallel city. Both are very different stall methods so it depends on you local meta. If it runs a lot of free retreat pokemon run aqua hideout. If its decks that rely on bench support or one of the 3 types run parallel.

Back