C-Gear Abuse For Dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purpose

Poking people is still a hobby (FKA hipoke)
warning: in editing stage, i'll edit when I'm bored.

C-Gear RNG for Dummies

Hey everybody, in this guide I’ll (hopefully) teach you how to C-Gear abuse. This guide is perfect for anyone who has NO clue whatsoever on RNGing , because I tried to make this guide as simple as possible. If you already know how to 4th gen RNG I suggest referring to OmegaDonut’s mini-guide, as 5th gen C-Gear is much similar to 4th gen. Reading stuff you already know can get pretty boring.

WARNING: I strongly suggest you try standard first. As shown later, the cons really outweigh the pros on C-Gear RNG abuse. So yeah, as long as you have access to a DS or DS Lite I would look on this guide http://blazingblyde.tumblr.com/post/4545145693/blyde-rng-guide

Pros and Cons of C-Gear RNG Abuse

Pros
Can use with EVERY kind of DS!
Easy to learn if you know how to hit delays from 4th Gen.
No Timer0 to worry about!
Only way to RNG for Dream World pokes in Dream Balls. (refer to this guide for that)
After Calibration RNGing only takes a few minutes depending on the situation. (although same with standard)

Cons
You have to be EXACT down to 1/60th of a second. Sounds pretty intimidating.(Standard seed is only exact to a second)
You can’t shiny abuse with C-Gear. (Cries)
No egg abusing. (Cries even more)
You can’t control your Nature, Gender, Ability, and what pokemon you encounter with sweet scent, so once you hit your seed, you just have to hope you’re lucky.

For all intents and purposes, C-Gear is harder, and you can’t get as good results, so if you have access to a original ds or ds lite, QUIT NAO.

So still want to do C-Gear abuse? You sure? Positive? Alright lets get to it then!

Preresqueites:

Pokemon Black or White
Something to play Pokemon Black or White on (DS, Emulator, whatever.)
A pokemon with the ability Synchronize with the nature you want the target pokemon to have. (Munna!) The reason being is that if a pokemon has Synchronize and is the lead of your party, it has a 50% chance of transferring it’s nature to the wild pokemon.
A pokemon with Sweet Scent if you’re not trying to RNG for a stationary legend. (Fairly easy to get on Amoonguss)
EonTimer or ZOMGTimer found here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81513) (EonTimer is for Windows, and ZOMG is for Mac. Download the one that corrosponds with your system Thanks goes to ToastPlusOne of Smogon forums! )
The newest version of RNG Reporter found here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83057) Credit goes to OmegaDonut and Mingot and all the people who work hard on cracking the RNG just for us! You guys are awesome!
Patience
A way to check IVs (Action Replay, Metalkid’s IV Calc, whatever)
A pokemon you want to target.

PROTIP: For easy access you should put your timer, and everything related to RNGing in the RNG Reporter Folder. Helps keeps things organized.

Step 0.5: Preparations
(so small it’s not really a step)

Okay put your Synchronizer, your Sweet Scenter if you’re not using RNG on a Stationary, and a strong pokemon in general if your Synchronizer and Sweet Scenter are weak, so you can Max Repel your way to wherever you need to go. If you don’t have unlimited Master Balls you should bring a False Swiper and a pokemon to put the target to sleep. Make sure you have at least one spot open in your party, and you have plenty of the best type of Poke Ball. I would also suggest bringing at least 10 of EVERY kind of repel. This might prove useful later. Go to the place where you’re catching your target, put the Synchronizer as the lead in your party and save.

Step 1: Finding your Seed
(easy shmeezee lemon squeezee)

Okay everyone open up your RNG Reporter. You should find yourself on the main screen.
Click Time Finder, and we’ll be working on this screen from now on out. Don’t get phazed by it’s looks, it’s really not too complicated. You should be on the Capture tab right now.

Substep 1: Enter your Info
First change the method type to Method 5 (C-Gear Seed) like shown in this pic. Then, change the Encounter Type to what you want to RNG. Note that although Stationary Legend and Wild Pokemon have different tabs, they still have the same results. Finally, enter your trainer ID near the right side.

Substep 2: Enter your desired Result
Set the minimum and maximum frame. Minimum should be 1, and the higher the max frame the harder this rng’s gonna be. Since you’re just starting out I would make both the minimum and maximum 1. (Very specific spreads such as mine are extremely unlikely to find on frame 1. I’m going to search 1 through 50) You should then set the Minimum and Maximum delays. 1000 to 9999 is a good range, as most C-Gear seeds are 1000+ and anything over 9999 takes a while and gets really boring. Now finally you want to enter the desired IVs. As you can see for each stat there’s a Dropdown Box, a plcae to input a number, and 3 buttons. As my spread is 31/30/30/31/31/31 I want to click the first button (==31) for each stat except attack and defense.. I click the second button (==30¬) for those two. If you have no preference simply click clear for that stat. If you’re aiming for a certain Hidden Power you can go to the dropdown box, and click either HP_E or HP_O. As long as those are on, the stat will be even or odd depending on the choice.
(Clicking Shiny Only and Synchronize Frame only will NOT do anything except reduce your results. You can’t predict Shinies and Natures correctly because those are controlled by a separate RNG called PIDRNG, and C-Gear advances that frame of that rng by approximately 1.7777 per second, and is not trackable.)

PROTIP: You should save all your information in a word document (or notepad or whatever), that way you never have to check for your Mac Adress and ID again, and all you have to do is Copy and Paste. We’ll need a word document later anyways. Oh, and save it in the RNG Reporter folder!

Substep 3: The Search
Then click the 5th Gen DS Parameters Setup tab, and enter your DS Mac Adress. There’s no need to fill out anything else. f you’re using a DS or DS Lite you can find the Mac Adress in your C-Gear. Hit the Blue online button on your C-Gear, press the Settings button (the wrench) and you should be able to find yourself from there. If you’re using a DSi go to the main menu of the system, go to settings (the wrench), to internet, options, system information, and voila it’s there. I have no idea about a 3ds, someone help me on this one.

Switch back to the Capture tab, the one that you were just on. Click Generate and RNG Reporter will generate a bunch of seeds for you. (this may take 10 minutes to a few hours depending on your search and your computer) Find one you’d like, preferrably one with a low frame. Once you find it copy and paste the seed somewhere safe, and go back to the main screen of RNG Reporter.

PROTIP: Remember that word doc you saved? Saving this seed and all it’s info (frame, name, IVs, Hidden Power, Encounter Type) in that document means you always have access to this seed and you never have to search for that specific IV Spread again.

Substep 4: Using Seed to Time
Okay, now at the main screen, hit the tab labeled 5th Gen Tools near the top of the program, and then click “Seed to Time (C-Gear Seeds)” Once there, copy and paste your DS Mac Adress and your Seed and click Generate. Pick a time that you think would be swell, just don’t pick one that has 00 in the seconds box, kinda complicates things a little bit. And there we go! We finished part 1! Hurray!

Step 2: Calibration
(ugh this is da worst part)

Substep 1: Setting EonTimer/ZOMGTimer
Alright, start up EonTimer or ZOMGTimer depending on what operating system you have. You want to put the delay from Seed to Time in the delay box. Then look at the time you want to hit. The Target Seconds are the Seconds at the end of your time. For example, if your time was 7 hours, 3 minutes, and 13 seconds, your Target Seconds are 13. Set the Calibration to -80, although it doesn’t really matter, you’ll be changing that later anyways. Make sure the C-Gear box is checked and the Extralink box is unchecked.

PROTIP: EonTimer has a tick function, not sure about ZOMGTimer, but what I do to be most accurate is go to settings, change beeps per second to 1, and number of beeps to 20. Starting from second 19 EonTimer’s gonna beep every second. Try to hit A on that last beep (more on hitting A later.)

Substep 2: Setting your DS
Startup your DS, and go to settings and change the date to your target. Then go and change your time, and set the timer to only the exact minute. Again, if my time was 7 hours 3 minutes and 13 seconds, set your timer to 7 hours and 3 minutes. BUT DON’T PRESS OK JUST YET. Look on Eon Timer or ZOMGTimer, and look for Minutes Before Target: (number). If the minutes befeore target is 3, and my time is 7 hours and 3 minutes you want to go for 7 hours and 0 minutes.

Substep 3: (almost) Hitting Our Seed
Click Start, and then Cancel on your timer, that way you can hit start with your spacebar instead of your left click. Okay, hold down your space bar and the okay button on your ds to activate it at the same time. Let go whenever you feel ready. Now quickly go to your main screen. If you don’t have an Action Replay go into the game and Soft Reset (L, R, Start, and Select at the same time) when the first timer ends at 0. Hit as close to 0:00 as possible but don’t go under. If you do have an Action Replay just start the game rather than Soft Reset (start Pokemon, not the action replay) because if you soft reset you’ll lose the codes. (Soft Reset is a bit more accurate, but it doesn’t really matter) Go into your save file, DON’T ACCEPT C-GEAR. Press NO WHEN YOU GO INTO THE GAME. Now in the game click the power button of your C-Gear, and you want to hit the Yes button when the second timer ends, or if you set it up like I told you, when that last “Bop” noise happens.

Substep 4: Calibration and Capture
Once you do all that, don’t take any steps and either Sweet Scent or talk to the legendary of choice immediately Catch your pokemon, and then check for EXACT IVs. If you don’t have an AR, the easiest way is to find out your Hidden Power(the guy’s in the pokemon center in the town with the move family) , go to the Judge (in the battle subway, he tells you stuff about your iv. Look it up on serebii) Input your results to Metalkid’s IV Calculator, and then, if the pokemon is lower then level 50, go to the battle subway and battle with that pokemon, and enter the stats into Metalkid’s IV Calculator. Sadly it doesn’t always give exact IVs at level 50. Now once you have the IVs, go back to your Seed to Time Window. Under the list of all your seeds is an adjacent finder. Change the –delay and +delay boxes to either 99 or 999. 999 is probably better but it takes more time to load and stuff. Change seconds to -9 +9, and change the minimum frame and maximum frame to 1 if you didn’t move at all. If you did you should probably change it to 1 and 3 just to be safe. (make sure your correct seed on the top is highlighted. If not it’ll generate the wrong adjacents.) Okay click the Generate button in the middle, not on the top, that’s for your seeds. Then click Search IVs and enter the ones you just got. Press OK, and it’ll tell you what Second and Delay you actually hit. (If there’s no results try making the –delay and +delay boxes 999. Then, Search IVs again. If that doesn’t work try restarting from Substep 2) If you’re seconds off, I would go back to Substep 2, and make sure you’re hitting 0:00, and you’re putting in the right time after Minutes Before Target. If you’re consistently getting a certain seond difference, you can change it in EonTimer/ If your target was 16, and you hit 14 consistantly, change the target time to 14. If the delay you hit was more than 3 away from your target enter it in the “Delay Hit” box, and press Update. It’ll Update your Calibration box with the right difference. If it’s less than 3 away, try again, after all you’re trying to hit a delay with 1/60th percision. Now, go back to Substep 2, and keep on trying till you hit your seed. It can get frustrating at times, and you might have to repeat this process a lot, but don’t worry, you’ll eventually get it. Once you get your correct Calibration, you never have to go through this process again. Just remember your calibration, or put it in your word document and use it for every RNG you do after.
(NOTE: Hitting your seed might have just been lucky, and you weren’t exactly on 00:00. In that case you might have to do a little bit of calibrating later, but you shouldn’t have to do too much.)

Step 3: Capture
(whopee i rngd something)
WOOT! You hit your seed! If you had a Frame One seed you have your perfect pokemon, except for the chance your 50% Synchronize chance didn’t work, or you had the wrong ability. In this case try again, and since you already have your calibration you should be able to hit it in just a few tries. Now if you didn’t have a frame one seed this will be a tiny bit harder. Restart the game and hit your seed again. Now look at the frame you had and -1. This is your target frame advances. Now there are two CONSISTANT ways to change your frame. (There are many others, but you’ll only need to worry about 2.)
1. Take 128 steps with X Pokemon in your party will advance the frame by X.
This is the method you’ll want to use most of the time. If your frame is by chance 6, all you have to do is walk 128 steps with 5 pokemon in your party. It’s that simple. Remember when I asked you to bring 10 kinds of each repel? This is when that proves useful. To count steps you should use repels to count by the 100s. Then count by yourself.
2. Bringing a pokemon from your box to your party advances the frame by 7.
You should only use this method when a PC isn’t too far away from your target loaction, and your frame is a bit high for the first method. If you’re using this, take account of the steps you’re taking to your target so you don’t hit over your target frame.
If you successfully hit your seed, and you did the right amount of frame advances, and your Synchronizer worked, AND you got the right ability/gender you have your perfect pokemon! So go out there, and RNG some more stuf!

-written by hipoke of pokebeach and smogon forums.

Special thanks to:
OmegaDonut and mingot for RNG Reporter!
ToastPlusOne for his amazing timers!
Everyone who worked so hard on cracking the RNG. Thanks guys.

This could use a bit more organizing, such as lists for the various steps (though this is in the editing stage :p)

It's great that you wrote this up though :D

yah. REMEMBER GUISE. DO STANDARD ABUSE FIRST, CUZ C-GEAR IS NOOBY >:O

I'm afraid I have not a single insignifigant clue what rnging is. can someone please explain to me what it is simply and you will be given full bragging rights.

.-. bragging rights? RNGing is simply taking advantage of the Pokemon's in game Random Number Generator, that determines shininess, nature, and individual values which practically mean how strong your pokemon is. Finding a "perfect" pokemon by meaning it's the strongest and bulkiest it can be is extremely rare. Probably 1 in the thousands, so by controlling the Random Number Generator which isn't quite random you can get the best results in what pokemon you catch.

Not on PB. I'm sure there's one on (can't tell you where) if you want I can PM you stuff.

No problemo. Serebii has a guide on Individual Values if you need to know what those are. Also you can manipulate the RNG for not just those values, but rather Shininess, Nature, Ability, and what you encounter as well. You can find a guide on non-cgear abuse in that first post where you can find RNG Reporter.

Please don't post in threads that haven't had a new post in two weeks or longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back