• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format (BW-ULP) SM5 Garchomp/Lucario + Explanation

NeedleKingSR

Night March is overrated
So, the new Garchomp, Cynthia, and Lucario combo has gotten me really hyped. Here's a basic deck list of what I think one of its decks should look like. Still obviously very WIP and beta, but it's got so much potential.

Garchomp – Dragon – HP150
Stage 2 – Evolves from Gabite

[C][C] Quick Dive: This attack does 50 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

[F][C][C] Champion’s Blade: 100+ damage. If you played Cynthia from your hand during this turn, this attack does 100 more damage.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 0
Lucario – Fighting – HP110
Stage 1 – Evolves from Riolu

Ability: Aura
Once during your turn (before your attack), if you have Garchomp in play, you may search your deck for 1 card and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

[F][C] Scud Jab: 70 damage. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Resistance.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
Cynthia – Trainer
Supporter

Shuffle your hand into your deck. Then, draw 6 cards.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

Pokemon - 20
3 Garchomp ULP
1 Garchomp BKP
4 Gabite DRX
4 Gible DRX
2 Altaria DRX
2 Swablu DRX
1 Lucario ULP
1 Riolu ULP
2 Jirachi EX PLB

Trainer - 28
1 Brigette BKT
4 Cynthia ULP
4 VS Seeker PHF
4 Random Receiver FCO
4 Level Ball AOR
4 Puzzle of Time BKP
3 Choice Band GRI
2 Float Stone BKT
2 Field Blower GRI

Energy - 11
7 Fighting Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

Total - 59
Remaining Spaces - 1

This is gonna confuse a lot of people. I'm only running 5 supporters, for the sake that Random Receiver will always and only hit Cynthia after using Brigette. I'm running Jirachi EX over Tapu Lele so that I can use entirely Level Balls, getting everything except Garchomp and Lucario, which is only annoying since there's no way to search for Lucario, but I personally find this to be ideal over Ultra Balls, as there's nothing in this deck that benefits from being in the discard, and Gabite can search for Garchomp. Puzzle of Time, VS Seeker, Random Receiver, and Pal Pad if you choose so, are all to be able to use a Cynthia every turn. There isn't a need for Double Dragon Energy in this deck since Garchomp only needs [F] and [C] energy and BKP Garchomp and Lucario are [F] and thus can't use Double Dragon Energy. Also, no Rare Candy since you wanna be able to get the Gabite out to search for other Gabite, though you could tech in one or two. 2 Field Blowers so that Garbotoxin doesn't shut off Gabite's Ability. Altaria line is completely opinion based and could be taken out if you're confident that you're not gonna be facing 250 HP decks.

Turn 1: Try to get a Brigette in play. 4 Level Balls + 2 Jirachi EX makes the possibility relatively high, though if not Random Receiver only has a 20% chance of getting a Brigette, assuming it's not prized.
Turn 2: Try to get at least 1 Gabite into play. Assuming that you were able to Brigette turn 1, you'll have most likely more than 1 Gible in play and you can Dragon Call for other Gabites to Dragon Call for Altaria or other Gabite. Also try to use a Cynthia this turn so that you'll be able to VS Seeker for one the following turn.
Turn 3: By now, you should have a Gabite powered up with energy, and so Dragon Call for 1 Gible and 1 Garchomp, as you probably won't ever need more than 1 Garchomp in play at a time. Use a Cynthia if necessary to deal enough damage.
Rest of game: Try to OHKO all your opponent's Pokemon. Lucario allows you to search for some way of getting a Cynthia every turn. If you play correctly, you should be able to have a constant stream of Garchomps via this strategy:

With 2 Gabites in play, search for 1 Gible and 1 Garchomp if necessary, or 2 Gible or Gabites to evolve. As long as you have Gibles able to evolve, you need to evolve them to Gabites, as that Gabite will then be able to search for another [D] Pokemon.

The list you show is solid.I quite appreciate the 3+1 Garchomp line in your deck.I think Korrina can fit the deck well,it can search out Lucario/Riolu/Garchomp BKP as well as EnvoSoda/Rare Candy/Level ball,which can provide much options.Altaria is not that useful since you can already hit 200 or 230 with Choice Band,250 decks are not that common in Expanded format.I'd like to add more Lucario line to abuse its ability.So I'd suggest the changes below:
+1 Rare Candy —— To get out a Garchomp earier for Lucario's ability,especially Garchomp BKP.
+1 Korrina
+2 Lucario and Riolu
+1 Computer Search
+2 Battle Compressor —— Discard the one-of Supporters so you can get them with VS Seeker,also discard energies for Garchomp BKP's first attack.
+1 Rescue Stretcher
+1 Envolution Soda
-2 Random Receiver ——I like your idea about this card, but the list is already quite tight:(.
-1 Field Blower
-1 Choice band ——You have many ways to search it out,2 is just enough.
-4 Altaria and Swablu
Hope this helps,and glad to get any feedback.:)

The list you show is solid.I quite appreciate the 3+1 Garchomp line in your deck.I think Korrina can fit the deck well,it can search out Lucario/Riolu/Garchomp BKP as well as EnvoSoda/Rare Candy/Level ball,which can provide much options.Altaria is not that useful since you can already hit 200 or 230 with Choice Band,250 decks are not that common in Expanded format.I'd like to add more Lucario line to abuse its ability.So I'd suggest the changes below:
+1 Rare Candy —— To get out a Garchomp earier for Lucario's ability,especially Garchomp BKP.
+1 Korrina
+2 Lucario and Riolu
+1 Computer Search
+2 Battle Compressor —— Discard the one-of Supporters so you can get them with VS Seeker,also discard energies for Garchomp BKP's first attack.
+1 Rescue Stretcher
+1 Envolution Soda
-2 Random Receiver ——I like your idea about this card, but the list is already quite tight:(.
-1 Field Blower
-1 Choice band ——You have many ways to search it out,2 is just enough.
-4 Altaria and Swablu
Hope this helps,and glad to get any feedback.:)
Thanks for the suggestions. Here's what I think:
- Rare Candy is quite nice. I already stated in my explanations that I was looking into using RC, so I don't see how this wouldn't work.
- Korrina is very situational. I guess it's useful to get the Garchomp BKP/Lucario. Seems useful, just don't wanna lower chances to miss Random Receiver.
- I was gonna add Computer Search but I decided to make it budget. Forgot to add Life Dew to the list :p. But yeah, Computer Search would be great if you have it.
- I honestly don't personally like Battle Compressor, but that's just me. It could definitely work but remember it's all still just speculation.
- Ah, I forgot stretcher. Definitely wanna have that. Maybe also a Super Rod, since I've been running 1 stretcher 1 rod in most of my lists and allows you to keep having attackers for a lot longer.
- I'm assuming you meant Evosoda here. If you find space I could definitely see it work.
- Cutting Random Receivers cuts the chance of getting a Cynthia every turn. If you do decide to cut RR, I would put in at least 1 Pal Pad.
- Cutting Field Blower and Choice Band is probably a good idea, just wanna be able to secure Gabites to Dragon Call for Garchomps ASAP.
- Cutting the entire Fluffy line is as stated in my explanation something many people might wanna do. It's just I wanted to make sure to be able to OHKO big GXs like Metagross or the soon to come Solgaleo GX.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm really hyped for this deck :D

Back