• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format (BW-ULP) Rampardos/Carbink BREAK + Explanation/Analysis

NeedleKingSR

Night March is overrated
So, like everyone, I'm not sure how fossils are gonna work now, and if it's still also possible to put the SM versions with the XY Fossils. Sadly, Rampardos/Cranidos hasn't had a print since DP era, so there aren't any of the XY Fossils for them, so it's not a concern. Here's a basic list that I'm looking forward to quite a bit using Rampardos (assuming you can Rare Candy Mysterious Fossil to Rampardos).

Note: I'm not sure if Brigette works on Mysterious Fossil, as I've barely ever used Robo Sub.

Rampardos – Fighting – HP150
Stage 2 – Evolves from Cranidos

[F] Clean Hit: 60+ damage. If your opponent’s Active Pokemon is an Evolved Pokemon, this attack does 60 more damage.

[F][F][F] Wild Bomber: If your opponent’s Active Pokemon is a Basic Pokemon, it is Knocked Out.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2
Mysterious Fossil – Trainer – HP60
Item

Play this card as if it were a 60 HP [C] Basic Pokemon. At any time during your turn (before your attack), you may discard this card from play.

This card can’t retreat.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).
Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX – Psychic – HP180
Basic Pokemon (Ultra Beast)

Ability: Invasion
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon is on your Bench, you may switch this Pokemon with your Active Pokemon.

[P][P][P] Flash of Darkness: 120 damage. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Resistance.

[P][P][P] Eclipse Moon GX: 180 damage. This attack can only be used if you have more Prize cards remaining than your opponent. Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon during your opponent’s next turn. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 2

Pokemon - 14
3* Rampardos ULP
2* Cranidos ULP
1* Carbink FCO (49/124)
1* Carbink FCO (50/124)
1* Carbink BREAK FCO
2* Tapu Lele GX GRI
1* Dawn Wings Necrozma GX ULP
1* Buzzwole GX CRI
2* Regirock EX FCO

Trainer - 35
4* Mysterious Fossil ULP
3* Ultra Ball SM
2* N FCO
4* Professor Sycamore BKP
1* Brigette BKT
4* Rare Candy SM
3* Korrina FFI
4* VS Seeker PHF
3* Cynthia ULP
3* Choice Band GRI
2* Float Stone BKT
1* Computer Search
1* Rescue Stretcher

Energy - 9
4* Strong Energy FFI
5* Fighting Energy SUM

Total - 58
Remaining Spaces - 2

I know for a fact that I'm missing something here. The 4-2-3 line of Mysterious Fossil, Cranidos, and Rampardos is due to the fact that (I'm hoping) Rare Candy can evolve Mysterious Fossil to Rampardos, and I run a thick line of 3 Korrina to search for 1 Rare Candy and 1 Rampardos. Computer Search is for searching for a Korrina or just a Brigette early game, but replace with Dowsing Machine or Life Dew if you feel. I run only 2 Ns because Rampardos is gonna get alot of really early game KOs, and thus you'll benefit more from running Cynthia over N. You could cut 1 Cynthia and 1 Korrina if you feel. I don't run Fighting Stadium as you're able to KO Darkrai GX/EX, Drampa GX, Malamar EX, even Guzzlord GX, and other [F] weak Basic GXs (using the math down below). Buzzwole GX is just a nice alternative attacker for 1 energy, letting Rampardos take KOs on bigger GXs like Garde (math down below too). Carbink Break is to recover and accelerate energy, letting Rampardos charge up it's second attack easily. Dawn Wings Necrozma is for the sole purpose of retreating Mysterious Fossil, and also to alternate between Rampardos and Carbink Break.

On [F] weak Basic GXs using 1st attack: 60 (base) + 30 (Choice Band) + 20 (Strong Energy) = 110 * 2 = 220.
On huge Stage 2 GXs: 120 (base) + 30 (Choice Band) + 60 (2 Jet Punches) + 20 (1 Strong Energy) + 20 (2 Regirock EX) = 250.
On all Basic Pokemon using 2nd attack: Dead.

The battle strategy is really straight forward. Get out Mysterious Fossils, Korrina to Rampardos, dead.

I'd love to hear suggestions.

Back