• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Buzzwole/Trash (Trashwole)

The Golden Mewtwo

Currently crying because I'm a 16 year old senior
I have changed up my deck a lot for Charlotte. This is currently my deck for it. Another deck I am considering is metal fortress. My only problem with metal fortress is consistency. I feel it will be good after frying pan. (JK it's Brock's drying pan).

Pokemon:

Buzzwole GX x3-main attacker
Tapu Lele GX x2-draw
Tapu Fini GX x1-garde counter (read GX)
Espeon EX x1-annoy/spread
Garbodor x1-ability lock
Garbodor x2-trash pile attack
Trubbish x3-basic (it doesn't matter which you play)
Sudowoodo x1-annoy

Supporters:
Gladion x1-consistantcy
Sycamore x3draw
Cynthia x3-draw
Guzma x2-K.O./annoy/spread
Acerola x1--heal/annoy
N x3-draw
Brigette x1-set up

Items:
Rescue stretcher x1-consistantcy
Ultra ball x3-search
Field blower x2-annoy
Nest ball x1-search
Pal pad x1-consistantcy
Special charge x1-consistency
Max elixir x2-accelerate

Tools:
Float stone x4-retreat/ability lock/annoy/consistancy
Fighting fury belt x2-extra damage/extra health

Stadium:
Po town x3-spread/K.O./annoy/acerola/great combo with jet punch
Parallel city x1-annoy

Energy:
Rainbow energy x4-attack (garbodor/Fini/Jolteon)
Strong energy x3-extra damage/attack
Fighting energy x3-attack

Thinking about removing:
Parallel city
1 field blower
1 choice band

Thinking about adding:
Carbink
Carbink break
Sudowoodo (mimic)

Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:
Let me start by saying this list feels overteched, and some of those techs aren't even particularly effective. Jolteon-EX is much weaker these days than it used to be as as most of the most popular decks run evolution attackers, and without double colorless you need three turns to power it up. Tapu Fini is a much less effective way to deal with Garde than Espeon-EX would be (since they don't get the rare candy back and rare candied Gardes go right back to 60hp Ralts) so I would immediately make that switch out. You don't want to use your GX move for anything other than Absorption-GX in Buzzgarb.

Octillery is a sketchy card to use in this list. The entire point of Buzzgarb is having access to garbotoxin to shut off abilities, given that Zoroark continues to make up about half of the meta, your 2-2 line will be probably be dead cards at least half of the time so you should definitely reduce if not remove them. That leads me to the trashalanche/garbotoxin split, you need two garbotoxin since it's key for the deck, more important than the trashalanche one for sure.

Buzzwole has several solid basic attackers to include alongside it, particularly Sudowoodo BKT and Carbink BREAK (which can be a 1-1 line), I honestly don't like trashalanche Garbodor that much because it reduces consistency since you need to run rainbow energy for it and its attack is somewhat situational. Buzzwole is an aggressive card that generally wants the game to be over quickly whereas trashalanche garb is a pretty passive card that wants the game to drag on (since people are too smart these days to dump 7 items into discard on t1 when they see trubbish). Running 4/3 rainbow/strong and only 3 basic fighting also makes you vulnerable to special energy hate which is increasingly common due to the dominance of Zoroark and strong energy abusing fighting decks.

I think Po Town is interesting particularly with the Espeon-EX interaction, but I think Parallel City is more disruptive to most decks, so I'd run 2-3 of those instead. I don't think Gladion is really worth a supporter use in 90% of games, if your prizes are bad enough that you absolutely need to Gladion for something you are probably going to lose anyways.

Mew FCO and Regirock are bad ideas because Garbotoxin deactivates them, you don't really want to put yourself in the situation where you are getting hurt by activating your own garbotoxin. Mew is doubly bad because you can't attach strong energy to it and can ill afford to invest many energy into it, especially if you're going to be running rainbow.

Let me start by saying this list feels overteched, and some of those techs aren't even particularly effective. Jolteon-EX is much weaker these days than it used to be as as most of the most popular decks run evolution attackers, and without double colorless you need three turns to power it up. Tapu Fini is a much less effective way to deal with Garde than Espeon-EX would be (since they don't get the rare candy back and rare candied Gardes go right back to 60hp Ralts) so I would immediately make that switch out. You don't want to use your GX move for anything other than Absorption-GX in Buzzgarb.

Octillery is a sketchy card to use in this list. The entire point of Buzzgarb is having access to garbotoxin to shut off abilities, given that Zoroark continues to make up about half of the meta, your 2-2 line will be probably be dead cards at least half of the time so you should definitely reduce if not remove them. That leads me to the trashalanche/garbotoxin split, you need two garbotoxin since it's key for the deck, more important than the trashalanche one for sure.

Buzzwole has several solid basic attackers to include alongside it, particularly Sudowoodo BKT and Carbink BREAK (which can be a 1-1 line), I honestly don't like trashalanche Garbodor that much because it reduces consistency since you need to run rainbow energy for it and its attack is somewhat situational. Buzzwole is an aggressive card that generally wants the game to be over quickly whereas trashalanche garb is a pretty passive card that wants the game to drag on (since people are too smart these days to dump 7 items into discard on t1 when they see trubbish). Running 4/3 rainbow/strong and only 3 basic fighting also makes you vulnerable to special energy hate which is increasingly common due to the dominance of Zoroark and strong energy abusing fighting decks.

I think Po Town is interesting particularly with the Espeon-EX interaction, but I think Parallel City is more disruptive to most decks, so I'd run 2-3 of those instead. I don't think Gladion is really worth a supporter use in 90% of games, if your prizes are bad enough that you absolutely need to Gladion for something you are probably going to lose anyways.

Mew FCO and Regirock are bad ideas because Garbotoxin deactivates them, you don't really want to put yourself in the situation where you are getting hurt by activating your own garbotoxin. Mew is doubly bad because you can't attach strong energy to it and can ill afford to invest many energy into it, especially if you're going to be running rainbow.
This is all true. These are valid points you should very well listen to. I can't give any more input than this, because everything I would say was already said.
Actually, I'll say this: RUN MORE CONSISTENCY!
I can't see you getting too far with only 7 draw supporters and a butt-load of unnecessary attackers, since that can quickly clump up your hand.

The reason I am looking at removing parallel is because I already run sudowoodo roadblock

I like to use glad ion because sometimes something good you need is in prizes so you can get that going for you.

Thanks for the other suggestions! Yours too gumball. I changed up the list like this:
-1 octilery
-1 remoraid
-1 trashalanche garb
-jolteon ex

+1 garbotoxin garb
+1 Espeon ex
+1 sycamore
+1 N

I assumed the Sudowoodo you were running was BKT. I have to question the use of the Guardians Rising version when you're using garbotoxin because it like the other abilities is shut off by garbotoxin. Sudowoodo GUR is much less effective at controlling Zoroark than garbotoxin is. Reducing 120 damage to 100 doesn't change the dynamic of this deck against yours, while reducing it to 80 with a parallel city'd bench of 3 actually does if they can't get a choice band or field blower in 2 turns. There's almost never going to be a situation where you prefer to keep Sudowoodo's ability up over garbotoxin, maybe against an Empoleon deck (lol).

Sudowoodo BKT is a better card for the list imo, it's very useful against both Zoroark and the OHKO decks like Bulu/Vikavolt. Having a Sudowoodo with a fighting energy on your bench signals to them that if they KO your active Buzzwole with a big attack, they'll be losing their own active the next turn.

I assumed the Sudowoodo you were running was BKT. I have to question the use of the Guardians Rising version when you're using garbotoxin because it like the other abilities is shut off by garbotoxin. Sudowoodo GUR is much less effective at controlling Zoroark than garbotoxin is. Reducing 120 damage to 100 doesn't change the dynamic of this deck against yours, while reducing it to 80 with a parallel city'd bench of 3 actually does if they can't get a choice band or field blower in 2 turns. There's almost never going to be a situation where you prefer to keep Sudowoodo's ability up over garbotoxin, maybe against an Empoleon deck (lol).

Sudowoodo BKT is a better card for the list imo, it's very useful against both Zoroark and the OHKO decks like Bulu/Vikavolt. Having a Sudowoodo with a fighting energy on your bench signals to them that if they KO your active Buzzwole with a big attack, they'll be losing their own active the next turn.
Again, this is all well and true. However, I would like to point out that Watch and Learn Sudowoodo is from Breakpoint, not Breakthrough.
If you run 0 Max Elixir, I HIGHLY recommend Carbink Break. It sets Buzzwole up FAST. And against Mew-EX in Zoroark decks, they can't go through Safeguard, or can't attack at all with Garbotoxin active. So either way, they have to go in with Zoroark to take the KO, and be revenge KO'd by Buzzwole.

This is what I have for reigonals. I dont have any more garbotoxin so I have to go without it

You're going to a regionals. If you can't find a Garbotoxin locally, vendors will sell one for a buck fifty. The deck does NOT function to the best extent with 2 Garbotoxin. Just a... a heads up.

Back