• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Buzzwole Expanded

NeedleKingSR

Night March is overrated
So, I've been playing around with Buzzwole in Expanded, and here's pretty much the basic idea of the deck (I'm leaving 10 open spaces)

Pokemon - 10
4 Buzzwole GX CRI
4 Seviper BUS
2 Tapu Lele GX GRI

Trainers - 32
3 N FCO
3 Professor Sycamore STS
2 Acerola BUS
4 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS
3 Virbank City Gym PLS
1 Shadow Triad PLF
4 VS Seeker PHF
4 Nest Ball/Ultra Ball
2 Guzma BUS
3 Float Stone BKT
3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP

Energy - 4-8
4 Strong Energy FCO
0-4 Fighting Energy

Some things that definitely could work:

Kartana GX CRI
Brigette (recommended)
Dragalge FLF
Poison Barb SM (recommended)
Salazzle GRI
Shaymin EX ROS
Brooklet Hill GRI
Tapu Koko SM30/SM31
Espeon EX BKP
+1 Virbank City Gym PLS
Lusamine CRI
+1 N FCO
+1 Professor Sycamore STS
+1-2 Tapu Lele GX GRI
Choice Band GRI (recommended)

Explanations:

This deck has SOOO much potential. While playing around, I found that it beat many seemingly unfavorable matchups, like Golisopod/Zoroark, Noivern GX, etc. The main specialty of this deck is that it enables your Jet Punch to do over 100 damage to the active with one energy relatively easily (30 + 10 (Fighting Fury Belt) + 60 (Virbank + 3 Seviper + Poison) + 20 (1 Strong Energy) = 120) and also deal 30 to the bench. The relatively low counts of Lele is due to the priority to spam the bench with Seviper. Hypnotoxic Laser is the only way to poison the opponent's Pokemon (unless you run Poison Barb or something like Ariados), so the Shadow Triad is only for the late game, when you've already used all 4 of your lasers but you're just shy of a knockout. I only run 3 Virbanks instead of what most people would run, 4, is because of how many people run Virbanks in Expanded, and I don't want dead cards. Acerola is probably one of the best cards here, as you're almost never going to use Knuckle Impact of Absorption GX, and you fully heal a Buzzwole while getting back the energy to reattach and immediately attack again, similar to Golisopod.

Deck Strategy:
You wanna go 2nd. You never need to power anything up for longer than 1 turn, and despite the 60% chance of not starting Buzzwole, Nest Ball easily allows you to easily find them (Brooklet Hill could work here too, but loses the poison damage of Virbank). Going 2nd allows you to immediately spread 80 across the board (50 to active, 30 to bench), and this stacks up over time. Early game you shouldn't try using too many lasers. You should try just damaging everything a little bit so you can finish everything off easily late game, sometimes taking 2 KOs in one turn. Later on in the game, most Buzzwole decks will get worse and worse, but that's not the case here. Lasers help boost you're damage to potential KOs on many GXs after some Jet Punches, and not many decks are as consistent as Buzzwole. Since many decks nowadays run evolution GXs, they're a lot harder to get in play and power up than Buzzwole, and thus you control the board.

Not bad! I think that you should either try playing Regirock EX (combined with Strong Energy and poison damage hits some high numbers). Zoroark GX also could be a great partner since it helps with draw support and cleans up with Riotous Beating the Pokémon Buzzwole GX snipes on the bench. Besides that, maybe Trashalanche/Garbotoxin might be a better partner. Anyways, good luck with Buzzwole GX.

-play ultra balls not nest balls
-swap atleast 1 buzzwole for a landourus ex as it allows you to have 2 almost identical attackers with different weaknesses
-a 1-1 Dragalge line

Thanks for tips! I don't run garb lines because thats the only reason im in expanded, but lando seems like a good idea. it's just that it only has 180hp

Definitely use 1-1 Dragalge FLF line, and use Dowsing Machine, as you do not have an Ace Spec in here. Run a 3-1 split of Ultra Ball and Nest Ball. Run 4 Strong and 2 Fighting (basic). And finally, you might want 2 Lusamine in here because this is a much slower deck and your VCGs will be bumped a lot.

Oh, I forgot Comp Search. Dowsing machine would be the budget option but Computer Search is amazing for me. The Virbanks don't get bumped much due to how many decks in expanded run VCG, so Lusamine would be a dead card but I guess it could work.

Back