• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard BuzZoroark with some spice!

semurphy444

Aspiring Trainer
I think this deck has potential (maybe even being a darkhorse for Memphis)... Because of its speed, I think this deck is very solitaresque in the meta. (It doesn't really matter what your opponent is playing maybe besides Greninja)... If you set up you win. I apologize in advance for the length below, but I figured I'd give the deck list early on.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 4 Zorua SLG
* 3 Zoroark-GX SLG
* 2 Buzzwole-GX CIN
* 1 Regirock CIN
* 1 Mewtwo EVO
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI
* 1 Remoraid BKT
* 1 Octillery BKT

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 3 Brigette
* 2 Professor Sycamore
* 2 N
* 2 Guzma
* 1 Acerola
* 1 Professor Kukui

* 4 Ultra Ball
* 4 Max Elixir
* 4 Puzzle of Time
* 3 Field Blower
* 3 Choice Band
* 2 Float Stone
* 2 Evosoda

##Energy - 12

* 1 Double Colorless Energy
* 1 Strong Energy
* 10 Fighting Energy

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I've posted this deck elsewhere- and I get the same comment: "You dont need Octillery if you have Zoroark"...its not about needing it... its about being able to have it.

I've also heard people say- "Only 2 Buzzwole?? You need more Buzzwole in a Buzzwole deck" I'll counter that by saying- its really not a Buzzwole deck- It's and Absorbtion-GX deck.

This game seems to be about numbers- and if you can hit them quicker than your opponent- you win! Lets start at the beginning: 9! (4 UB, 3 Brigette & 2 Lele) are the outs that you'll get your T1 Brigette...(70% you'll be starting optimally)

Now because of Puzzles- you see much lower supporter counts-Only 2 N and 2 Sycamore- adds another (14% of an average start) If you do have a Puzzle piece in your hand- that might be your emergency- start but that adds in another 8% of chance to get your deck moving, but probably a turn behind where you want to be. (In total a 92% non-opening brick)

It seems like a LOT of decks in the meta want to either chip or steady 2HKO; while having a lot of healing options on their end. (Max Potion in Brokenvoir or Acerola in Zoroark/Buzz/Gollisiopod)...This isnt one of those decks. I'm literally trying to open this game to a 4-2 lead.

The Buzz/Lycanroc's that placed in London- were MaxElixir & Octillery as a draw engine. I feel that IF you assume in a match you'll be using Absorbtion-GX as your GX attack; the Draw Power of Zoroarks severely out classes the Pull power from Lycanroc's Blood Thirsty Eyes. (Zoroark can get you the Guzma+Float+ChoiceBand)

So back to where I started- If you get a T1 Brigette... you'll probably have a double Zorua, Remoraid, Buzzwole board staring at your opponent... You may or may not have had an opening hand MaxElix (40%)- but if you did; and had an attachment. Your Buzzwole is looking primed to attack.

You can hit 240 right away, follow it up with a 210...230 if you also have Kukui & Strong energy.

Deck Techs

I'm currently bouncing between about 5 tech attackers for about 2 deck space:

1) Regirock CIN- I think this outclasses a Zygarde (More HP to a critical 130 as opposed to 120, Doesnt damage bench, still OHKO's both Hoopa & Safeguard additionally can be used vs Zoroarks)

2) Mewtwo EVO: Can be good in the mirror; but I think a lot of the time because of Zoroark- this deck is faster to MaxElixir's, and you'll get a Buzz before he gets you. The other pokemon that this is good with is Gallade, but needs Kukui.

3) Zoroark BKT; Stand in... The variable damage that most opponents know about- make it so that it could be played around. And at one point I only had a single non-GX/EX attacker (Regi) and I was worried about a lone baby ninetales just destroying me.

4) Espeon-EX BKP: In the early game, I'm either going to Jet Punch a Zorua for a KO, or keep building for the Absorbtion; this really isn't too much of a devolve play... however I thought it might be ok to KO with Buzz, KO with Buzz, hit with Riotous Beating; and devolve that for Prize #5...and then maybe Guzma something small for game?

5) Giritina Promo: Greninja seems like a tough matchup that I havent been able to win. You're not getting ahead in prize trade- especially when you're not able to chain Knucle Impacts- and you're quite reliant on Abilities

Energy Tech
Could see a cut to 9 basic with either another DCE or Strong

Supporter Techs
I think the 3rd Field Blower might be a card that I'd be ok to live with losing, but Garbotoxin can really put a hamper on your draw- and you need to have it in hand in order to make sure you're ready for it. I do item blast a lot; Buzz is also weak to Trash, but the 120 is in range of Zoroark.

2nd Kukui- Especially vs Gardy- I think you need the "Wombo Combo" to get the 2nd KO on him. (Knuckle+CB+Strong+Kukui) ... I havent played a game with the Mewtwo yet- but thats another spot where you need that get the Gallade. But also he helps Zoroark to OHKO a Mewtwo (who probably just got a Buzzwole)

And finally- maybe even a 3-3 split between UltraBall & Evosoda... At times I'm getting 2 UBs, and like ok- these cards are gone to get Brigette, and then those cards are gone to get Octillery next turn. Whereas if I had a UB & Evosoda... I might be able to keep a Guzma or Float stone and get attacking quicker.

Thanks to anyone who read it all- and any other suggestions are appreciated.

Have you thought about dropping Mewtwo completely? I do agree with the tech of including zoroark bkt.

Zoroark will allow for a one for one prize swap and coupling that with his stand in ability the late game crunches save a(n) EX/GX from being knocked out become easier with your decklist providing no way aside from two float stones to get out of sticky situations.

- 1 Mewtwo EVO
- 1 Zoroark GX
- 1 Fighting Energy
+ 1 Float Stone
+ 2 Zoroark BKT

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

I feel like when I'm losing, its to a Buzz/Lycanroc- (which in all practicality is the mirror)- I think I do need that Mewtwo in order to return KO. Additionally, I felt like at times I was having times re-filling up my bench for full Zoroark damage (when I was playing Stand In). I'm ok with the 2 Floats, as if another one is needed I can usually puzzle it back in, and I also have been liking the hit rate of my Elixir with the 10 energies.

I don't like this list I can't even figure out who the main attacker is by looking at it you called it an Absorption GX deck.....so you're focusing on Buzzwoles most underwhelming attribute?(his GX move) Buzzwole is a big bulky basic who can blitz and put pressure on slower decks quick and it looks like you're slowing it down... Gotta use the card to its strengths

I don't like this list I can't even figure out who the main attacker is by looking at it you called it an Absorption GX deck.....so you're focusing on Buzzwoles most underwhelming attribute?(his GX move) Buzzwole is a big bulky basic who can blitz and put pressure on slower decks quick and it looks like you're slowing it down... Gotta use the card to its strengths

240 Base Damage on T2 seems like a lot of pressure to me, followed up by 160 base damage T3... Seems like a lot of pressure to me. Now after that- things get a little up in the air- on what the game plan is- but I'll try to pin down a TapuLele and hit it for 150 with a Zoroark. If not Acerola'd then I'll be able to Jet punch that for game.

Back