• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard BuzzNinja

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
I'm worried about Charizard Reshiram, and PikaRom is already a huge threat. I wanted to target their weaknesses while still creating a deck that could hold it's own against the rest.

My idea was to use Buzzwole to weaken the bench, and attack the obvious weakness of PikaRom. Greninja can one shot Reshiram assuming Buzzwole hits the bench at least once. The Oranguru/Magcargo engine gives you what you need, when you need it.

The Greninja bypasses annoying abilities like Shuckle and Hoopa.

What would you do to improve it?

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 2 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Buzzwole FLI 77
* 3 Buzzwole-GX CIN 115
* 2 Slugma CES 23
* 2 Magcargo CES 24
* 2 Greninja-GX PR-SM 197

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Viridian Forest TEU 156
* 3 Beast Ring FLI 102
* 4 Apricorn Maker CES 124
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 3 Great Ball SLG 60
* 3 Wishful Baton BUS 128
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Energy Retrieval SLG 59
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132

##Energy - 13

* 1 Beast Energy {*} FLI 117
* 7 Fighting Energy 6
* 5 Water Energy 12

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I think something like what you have in Mind can be achieved by means of the old and the new Quagsire, Naganadel, and Onyx :)

You don't need the evolution line with the promos ability. But it's moot anyways, as it doesn't hit weakness, d'oh

You could use Vaporeon GX. You can get it out on T2 (T1 before the rotation) and with 3 Water Energy it can OHKO ReshiZard if ReshiZard was already hit by a Jet Punch from Buzzwole.

I'm liking slowking with triple accel for reshizard. Perfect KO with no damage mods needed, if they have 4 energies on to do their attack. I think Lucario GX is probably still the best perfect counter to pikarom outside of onix in mally or new quag in nagaquag, although baby lycanroc will let you still announce "dangerous rogue" for knock out, if they fill their bench.

EDIT derp, I totally forgot that silvally will still be a thing. Water memory, fighting memory, triple accel, put an energy on your other whatever... seems maybe good.

Last edited:
Back