Blog Busting In! A Look at Dragonite-EX / Bats

Chi-Town Master

Aspiring Trainer
Nice article! fun read, and nice sense of humor.
Few things...
1. Jolteon EX joke was great I LOL'd
2. Where is my cookie?
3. What place did you take? Don't tell me you bubbled...

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Nice article, I appreciate reading about a bit of a twist on a deck even though I'm not playing competitively atm, and I don't think 10th place is bad at all - I think it's a very good position.

"The only thing that can break a world filled with the same thing is something different" is also my philosophy, and I am very happy to see it personified here.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Good article as usual homie - great deck idea as I mentioned in your other thread. Do you plan on continuing with the deck throughout the season or...what?

Incredible gif with how the deck works, too. Super cool.

TheUltimateAbsol

Truth or Ideals? It's all Black and White to me
Good article as usual homie - great deck idea as I mentioned in your other thread. Do you plan on continuing with the deck throughout the season or...what?
Only if the deck can hold ground after Fates Collide. Can't quite be sure how that set is going to shift the meta just yet

Incredible gif with how the deck works, too. Super cool.
I think I've spent over 20 minutes already just staring at it when creating the article :p
I actually made it on Microsoft PowerPoint... I took a few image shapes and would shift their position and save them as a single picture every frame. It took 70 frames total

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
O_O You must show me how you do this. This is really awesome!

Also, "Combo Wombo" needs revised, edited, SOMETHING DONE BY A HIGHER POWER because it is very difficult to read. Unless you were referring to J-Wittz's flub on stream a while back. That hurt my soul.

TheUltimateAbsol

O_O You must show me how you do this. This is really awesome!

Also, "Combo Wombo" needs revised, edited, SOMETHING DONE BY A HIGHER POWER because it is very difficult to read. Unless you were referring to J-Wittz's flub on stream a while back. That hurt my soul.
I was actually referring exactly to that
I thought it was unique how he used that in his videos. He's done it more than just on stream.

Maybe it just seems a bit foreign when Wombo Combo is the true meme?

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Oh my goodness my heart lol. I'm a diehard Smash fan so every time I hear Combo Wombo my spirit feels pain. Thanks for the PM brotha.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Great article! I really enjoyed spending time reading your tournament report, which can sometimes be an odd thing for me, which probably attributes to such a solid deck idea. It's also nice to see bats back again, especially with Night March rampant.

KarlosTheJackal

Aspiring Trainer
Great article! My slightly obsessive nature over a blue hedgehog may have gotten a little excited with the SA references!

This deck looks really fun as well, I might just have to give this ago!

Mora

Don't Panic
I really enjoyed the deck list, but shouldn't you play 4 Lightning and 3 Grass instead of the other way around since you play Manectric?

Apterous

Aspiring Trainer
I love this deck. I've really liked playing with Dragonite decks (Dragonite-EX / Virizion-EX was a favorite before the advent of Double Dragon energy) and I love the synergy of Bats and Dragonite-EX with 4 scoops for healing/re-batting (is that a term?). Definitely something I'll have to try!

TheUltimateAbsol

I really enjoyed the deck list, but shouldn't you play 4 Lightning and 3 Grass instead of the other way around since you play Manectric?
The four Grass Energy are essential because they make a Jet Sonic with only basic energy entirely more possible. This really helps late game if you've got a few random energy attachments scattered around your field.
With only three Lightning Energy, although it does lower the viability of using assault laser, I've found no apparent struggle in getting the right energy out at the right time.
(can't really say the same thing for getting DDE's out though)

However, I haven't really experimented much the other way yet either. It's worth a shot though, given Manectric-EX's use against things like Jirachi and Aegislash.

poke4trade

Raising Ash
If you catch some heads on those scoops, it is a very fun play. The only thing I like to play with it that is a bit different is puzzle of time and Cassius. Recycling the dragon energies and denying prizes can come in a bit handy. Cassius is just a great way to recycle back in fighting fury belts and other tools. Also it conserves energy a bit.

Mora

Don't Panic
The four Grass Energy are essential because they make a Jet Sonic with only basic energy entirely more possible. This really helps late game if you've got a few random energy attachments scattered around your field.
With only three Lightning Energy, although it does lower the viability of using assault laser, I've found no apparent struggle in getting the right energy out at the right time.
(can't really say the same thing for getting DDE's out though)

However, I haven't really experimented much the other way yet either. It's worth a shot though, given Manectric-EX's use against things like Jirachi and Aegislash.

I guess that makes sense since Dragonite is the focus of the deck, and not Manectric. I had always pretty much assumed you would have the Double Dragon, so the other Energy didn't seem to matter. Either way, I built the deck online, and I've been having a lot of fun with it! I always enjoy playing things that are off the beaten path.

TheUltimateAbsol

What I used and posted is still by far just a vanilla version of the deck.
Feel free to experiment - I don't have all the time in the world to do so at the moment with AP tests around the corner :p