Not John (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod / Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Protect
This is Mega Manectric. This has basically replaced my old Raikou and my old Thundurus-T as I was searching for a lightning type and I found out that Mega Manectric has a whopping Base 135 in Sp. Atk!! Also, he has the same base 135 in Speed!! I have Protect because I used to be running signal beam, but with protect it allows me to both scout and lets me basically outspeed next turn since I will be at base 135 instead of just 105. Flamethrower is there because I can 2HKO a Defense Form Aegislash and it also provides decent coverage. Volt Switch becasue since I'll be outspeeding anyways I can always just do some extra damage. Thunderbolt is there for the fact that it is STAB and also very powerful without switching out.

488.png

Not John (Cresselia) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Moonlight
I used to run Quagsire, but that was before Genesect had to go up and get banned. And since I replaced Genesect with something else.... having Quagsire around gave me WAY too many grass weaknesses so I just went ahead and threw in a defensive Cresselia because it was the only defensive wall I could really think of that I already had.. Toxic for Status and Moonlight for recovery/stall. Moonblast because it provides coverage to dark Types and Fighting types that of which I have no coverage for in the rest of my team. Psychic is STAB so I just kinda threw it on there. If Cresselia was Offensive even a little bit maybe I'd think about putting on Psyshock, but it doesn't seem worth it to me right now. Bold Max Defense because I figure Rotom can tank a few hits of special defensive stuff if need be.

479-w.png

Not John (Rotom-W) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
Oh, the beauty of Chesto Resto. I absolutely love this set because it survives just about every non-grass move out there and some grass moves. Specially defensive is the best IMO and also because quagsire is already my Defensive wall. Will-O-Wisp because I already have Toxic and Thunder Wave seems pretty redundant. Volt Switch sticks with the main core of the team and Hydro Pump can Hit some things hard if I need to, slowly wearing them down when I Rest.

663.png

Not John (Talonflame) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
This Talonflame is a little bit weird. it has Sitrus Berry because it is designed to come in on Rocks and then go up to 75% to also Activiate Acrobatics. U-Turn is nice, but I opted out of running speed investment because.... I actually don't remember why but I did lol. U-Turn to get a switch, Acrobatics for non-recoil priority. Flare Blitz because STAB, and Brave Bird is our main attacking move.

207.png

John (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SDef / 20 Def
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
I like John, John is pretty cool. The reason I have Gligar in here is because he is more tanky than Gliscor, he just doesn't get to get Leftovers Recovery (since Poison Heal Defog is illegal). He is my defogger and my Rocker so he is basically the most important part of the team. He can Tank and Roost while Toxic slowly builds up. He is usually a mid game thing depending on if they have hazards. If they don't have hazards he is usually my Suicide lead. The EVs allow him to leave a Hydro Pump form Sp. Def. Rotom-W and allow him to live Ice Beam from a few other things.

I still need 1 More Pokemon!!

Also, I would not be against totally replacing a Pokemon.​

UltimateInferno

Guess you could say I like Infernape
RE: OU Volt Turn + Wall Core - Need Help!!

You have a great team there, I don't have much to give besides 2 pokemon and a movechange, the only thing I would change is Thunderbolt for Discharge on Genesect, it doesn't lose too much base power and have a wayy bigger chance to paralyze (like 2x as much).

You could use either a Zoroark or a Forestress:

Brave Forretress @ Red Card
Sturdy
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock / Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin

Volt Switch for obvious reasons, Stealth Rock is there to give an entry hazard, which will be useful because of the Red Card forcing the opponent to switch out. Gyro Ball for STAB and to make use of the sloweness of Foretress, especially with Brave. And Rapid Spin to remove any entry hazards against your team, which will be incredibly annoying, especially with all the switching.

Modest Zoroark @ ???
Illusion
- U-turn
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse

Kinda normal for a Zoroark, Focus Blast, Flamethrower and Dark Pulse are great because they can be learned by other pokemon in your team so they would never suspect the Illusion if you're lucky! U-Turn for obvious reasons. Focus.B and FT for coverage and DarkP. for STAB.

Hope I helped :D

Professor Palutena

The Queen
I think you should try Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian instead of Gligar. It gives you another Intimidate U-Turner, and pairs very well with Manectric due to this.

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!
Professor Palutena said:
I think you should try Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian instead of Gligar. It gives you another Intimidate U-Turner, and pairs very well with Manectric due to this.

What about just adding it to the team, I realize that would give me two Flying/Ground Types, but Rotom-W comfotably comes into Ice Beams and I really need a Stealth Rocker and Defogger and I DON'T feel like wasting two spots on it. Although I really like the Scarf Landorus. Thanks :D

UltimateInferno

Guess you could say I like Infernape
Same thing as I said on Genesevt but for Manectric, use Discharge over Thunderbolt for the extra chance to paralyze, which, if you are lucky, will give you an extra turn when using VoltTurn so you don't have to enter on a powerful move. I used to prefer Thunderbolt all the time, but in a VoltTurn team, a free switch is always worth it!

One Approved

;
Advanced Member
Hey Alexander! A couple of things I noticed: (sorry for the tl;dr post)

First of all on Manectric, I keep Thunderbolt on Manectric, and not Discarge. The extra paralysis chance is nice and all, but most of the things that can consistently switch into Manectric can't be paralyzed. Blissey and Chansey have Natural Cure, Hippowdon and other Ground-types are immune, and with the new XY Mechanic, all Electric-types (Zapdos, Raikou, etc.) are completely immune to paralysis. The only thing you've really got a relevant chance on are Latias/Latios, but it's fairly easy to add in pokemon that can take those two on. I would also consider a 4th attack instead of Protect. I like Hidden Power Ice, to hit Dragon-types and Ground-types.

On Talonflame, I would just run max speed. Yes you have priority with your Flying moves, but against things that resist flying, you won't have the chance to get a Flare Blitz off. With no speed EVs, you only reach 288, which isn't even enough to get past base 85 speed pokemon. Thundurus and Thundurus-T, Zapdos, and Water Shuriken Greninja will all beat you without investing in speed. In addition, sometimes it's just nice to be able to click "Flare Blitz" instead of "Brave Bird." Against Charizard-Y teams, Flare Blitz gets a massive boost in power, and against teams with multiple Electric and Steel-types on them, Flare Blitz is a lot easier to spam. However without a speed investment, it becomes much harder to do this. I also found in my testing of Talonflame that the HP EVs really don't help that much. I would switch Sitrus Berry to either Flying Gem or Choice Band and work off of there. Obviously if you use Choice Band you'd need to switch Acrobatics out for something (tailwind?), but it works perfectly fine with Flying Gem.

That being said, I do really like Talonflame and Mega Manectric, I just hink they needed the small changes. The next suggestion I have are for Gligar and Cresselia: I just kind of want to 'update' them. I would switch Gligar to Landorus-T. You keep the same exact typing in Flying/Ground, but you gain Intimidate, as well as some power. You lose Defog, but this is actually a good thing since it frees up a slot to use u-turn! I would also switch Cresselia to Latias. You have the same resistances and the same ability in Levitate. Latas can also use Defog, which you would lose from replacing Gligar, and Latias also has a decent amount of power. So Basically, I'm suggesting taking these Gligar and Cresselia, and replacing them for pokemon that still have great defense and resistances, as well as more power.

In the last slot on your team, I would add a pokemon that helps agaisnt Dragon and/or Ice-types. Landorus helps more against Dragons that Gligar does, since it's not complete setup bait, but it can still be worn down throughout the match. Talonflame is a great check, but it cannot switch in reliably at all. I think Scizor or Azumaril would be the best fits here. Scizor resists Dragon, has priority in Bullet Punch, and has two different sets you could use. (Choice Band or SD/Acrobatics, both of them are able to use U-turn.) And its only weakness is Fire, which is handled by Rotom-W, the new Latias, and Gale Wings Brave Bird. Azumarill wouldn't be bad either, though. It resists both Dragon and Ice (although it still can't reliably handle Abomasnow), and its Electric Weakness could nab Manectric a free +1 Special Attack. Latias also handles its weakness to both Electric and Grass, while Landorus and Talonflame can handle them individually. However, I should point out that Azumaril is weak to Poison, and your only Poison resist is Landorus, who cannot come in willy-nilly to any poison attack, especially not against Gengar. (Scizor gives you an immunity to poison though, and Gengar is running HP Fire less and less due to the nerf in power!!!!!)

tl;dr:
~Keep thunderbolt on Manectric
~HP Ice > Protect on Manectric
~252 Speed > 252 HP on Talonflame
~Landorus-T > Gligar
~Latias > Cresselia
~Scizor or Azumarill for 6th slot

Hope I helped, good luck with the team!