Building a team around Cosplay Pikachu...

Adam Ryder

Aspiring Trainer
I've recently got Alpha Sapphire and I want to build a team around the awesome Cosplay Pikachu - Pikachu Libre! I've not got one yet, but here are the moves I have chosen for her:

Move 1: Flying Press (exclusive move)
Move 2: Thunder Punch (STAB move)
Move 3: Grass Knot (to deal with Pika's weakness)
Move 4: Undecided

I would like some help choosing the other Pokemon and her final move please.

I was thinking of going competitve, but if Pika's not competitive, no biggie.

Thanks for your help!

Knock Off can be used, as it is a physical move which fits to its overall design :p
It can also remove items from your opponent's Pokémon, making Pikachu a little bit useful.
Overall, Pikachu is amazingly weak. Most of the time, you won't do anything with it but to get it OHKO'd. So I would not recommend playing with it competitively.
Wi-Fi battles for fun seems like the best place for him. I think you can also use it in the NU tier (NeverUsed), but I'm not sure how good he is even there.
Since Pikachu's only weakness is Ground-type, Flying-type Pokemon such as Talonflame can help Pikachu with switching out, thanks to their Ground-type immunity.
Levitate users are virtually the same for this so you can also use Pokémon like Flygon.

If you can get a Light Ball, giving that to Pikachu doubles its attack and special attack. They can be found on a wild Pikachu, although it isn't common.

Back