Budget Deck

AcePlayz

Just call me, the Pokemon Master!
I'm looking to build a very good budget deck, does anyone have any ideas? Please include lists.
Is empoleon swampert decent?

Grounder890

Aspiring Trainer
Empoleon swampert got top 64 at philly regionals. I think decent is a fair word here. And it’s very cheap aside from the staples like Cynthia and guzma. You can find lists online (sorry for being lazy :)) the name of Thebes person who used it at philly was Joey Nawal iirc.

Also the buzz garb weavile shrine decks are very cheap, and arguably the best decks out right now (again they’re very popular so you won’t have a hard time finding them, the winner at philly used one)

ZyriaNova

Aspiring Trainer
I would go for a buzz/garb deck as well. I don't think it'll cost that much more than $100 and it's such a good deck! Test it online to see if it's your cup of tea!

XCITE

Aspiring Trainer
I would go for a buzz/garb deck as well. I don't think it'll cost that much more than $100 and it's such a good deck! Test it online to see if it's your cup of tea!
100 dollars is far from cheap. That's not a budget deck, that's the most expensive deck right now. budget decks are like 60 if you have almost none of the cards

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
When we were doing the budget deck thread, 100 bucks was the maximum. 60 is near impossible to hit thanks to the price of Cynthia and Guzma right now. Cynthia is 8 each right now so that is half your budget if you go 60 bucks. Tate & Liza would be a cheaper alternative to Cynthia though. One less card but it is 1/4th of the price.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
If the OP is looking to get into the game, Lucario/Garchomp is a cheap way to go as an introduction. I have a Dragonite GX list that is good but it isn't budget unless he has Cynthia's, Oranguru's and Lele's laying around. 2 Theme Decks get the OP just about everything needed and they are on amazon for 13 each.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Zoros are not that cheap and swampert is much better

Don't misinform the guy. Swampert is definitely not much better, and Zoroark-GX is probably cheaper than has it been in recent memory.

To define a budget deck, we gotta ask what the actual budget is. So @AcePlayz - how much are you looking to spend?

Daniel Bumstead

Aspiring Trainer
100 dollars is far from cheap. That's not a budget deck, that's the most expensive deck right now. budget decks are like 60 if you have almost none of the cards
Not even close to being the most expensive deck right now. The problem is unless you're willing to skirt by on a Mach Strike on similar combination deck, there's not a lot of suggestions that are going to keep you under $100.00 right now, boss.

Shikageru

Aspiring Trainer
One match does not a good deck make. Doesn't mean it's a bad deck, but a single matchup doesn't mean it's BDIF, and even then, that's an ever-changing discussion of its own right.

As for budget, Shrine isn't exactly cheap last I heard. It's going for $6 right now on the low end, so even playing 3 still costs you $18.

As stated, we'd need to know the OP's budget to give deck suggestions in full.

Pricing out individual cards, you can do with the help of tcgplayer and other such sites.
Also, note that many decks right now do NOT run 4 Cynthia. Though buying Mach Strike theme decks twice would net you 4 Cynthia in the process, along with a handful of other possible cards.

The next step I'd take would be to look at Limitless TCG's decklists and find one you like, price it off of a site like TCGplayer, then take said list to your local game shop and see if they have any deals/any cards available from said list that fall within your budget. If not, then look at buying online.

As for playtesting a deck, your local game shop will be your best bet unless you happen to be in contact with a high number of local players already.

If I must give a suggestion, I'd say Metagross GX is good to start with. It's bulky, hits like a tank, and isn't very expensive to build unless you're trying to bling things out or play a ton of Steven's resolves in it, which isn't necessary.

Either way, best of luck, OP.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Metagross GX is definitely a cheaper deck, though I think it's a mandatory 2 Lele deck to be competitive - it's just not very fast to set up otherwise, and it needs to be (especially once Professor Elm's Lecture comes in).

James Michael Cerdan

Aspiring Trainer
A really good budget deck is definitely Garchomp/Lucario. If you happen to find it in a regular retail store, pick it up because it comes with cynthia's which are a staple in the current standard format.

Brown_Unibrow

Aspiring Trainer
You could try waiting for Granbull to come out. That doesn't run many supporters (at least the pricey ones like Cynthia) or Leles.

szpanerski

Aspiring Trainer
Empoleon swampert got top 64 at philly regionals. I think decent is a fair word here. And it’s very cheap aside from the staples like Cynthia and guzma. You can find lists online (sorry for being lazy :)) the name of Thebes person who used it at philly was Joey Nawal iirc.

Also the buzz garb weavile shrine decks are very cheap, and arguably the best decks out right now (again they’re very popular so you won’t have a hard time finding them, the winner at philly used one)
Can U help me please! Where can I find Thebes list od Empo/Swamp?