• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Budget Beedrill Deck - Please Help!

Hyrum

Aspiring Trainer
I'm trying to make a budget deck ($20-30) in Expanded for a small tournament against some friends of mine, and I wanted to use Beedrill EVO 7 with "Swarming Sting" that allows me to one-shot most non-GX Pokemon and two-shot any GX or TAG-TEAM Pokemon. I wanted to pair it with Kakuna CIN 2 to get as many Beedrills out as fast as possible. Because it's just a friendly tournament none of the cards are banned, so I am also putting in Forest Of Giant Plants to speed up my setup and gameplay even further. Here's my current decklist- please give me any suggestions for improving the deck!

• x4 Beedrill EVO 7
  • x4 Kakuna CIN 2
  • x4 Weedle PRC 1
  • x2 Shaymin SLG 7
  • x4 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
  • x3 Revitalizer
  • x3 Rare Candy (Using Kakuna CIN 2 will mean that I have extra Weedle in deck)
  • x4 Pokemon Communication (Allows me to put Kakuna back in deck for "Multiply"ing)
  • x3 Level Ball (Only Pokemon out of range are Beedrill)
  • x2 Reset Stamp
  • x3 Lysandre (Get Something stuck in the active, then snipe the bench)
  • x4 Green's Exploration
  • x2 Teammates (I'm going to be knocked out nearly every turn)
  • x2 Ace Trainer
  • x4 Forest of Giant Plants
  • x12 Grass Energy
Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I'll start with removing Forest and Reset Stamp, as both are banned in Expanded.

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
I'll start with removing Forest and Reset Stamp, as both are banned in Expanded.
If you read the whole post rather than just the decklist, you'll see that this deck is designed for a friendly competition where none of the cards are banned.
Deck looks pretty good to me overall, but seems to lack draw support?

Hyrum

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for the advice, I hadn't thought about the missing draw support. Here's my new decklist:

• x4 Beedrill EVO 7
  • x4 Kakuna CIN 2
  • x4 Weedle PRC 1
  • x2 Shaymin SLG 7
  • x4 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
  • x3 Revitalizer
  • x3 Rare Candy
  • x4 Pokemon Communication
  • x3 Level Ball
  • x1 Reset Stamp (-1)
  • x2 Lysandre (-1)
  • x4 Green's Exploration
  • x2 Teammates
  • x2 Cynthia (+2)
  • x2 Professor Sycamore (+2)
  • x4 Forest of Giant Plants
  • x12 Grass Energy
Also, -2 Ace Trainer, because deck strategy is to stay ahead in prize cards.

Also, what do you think of adding in Shedinja LOT 95 to take advantage of FoGP and 1 prize attackers? Could I still use Green's Exploration if it's attached as a tool or would it count as a pokemon with an ability? I'm also thinking of taking out the four Alolan Vulpix GRI 21 because I can usually get Kakuna CIN 2 attacking first turn with FoGP. Any thoughts or advice?

Last edited by a moderator:

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
Those changes seem good to me, and the Shedinja sounds like a good addition too. As far as I'm aware, once Shedinja is attached, it is just a tool so it shouldn't stop Green's. If you find that you're not using Vulpix that much, a 2-2 line for Shedinja would be pretty useful, I'd say.

Hyrum

Aspiring Trainer
I'm glad Shedinja doesn't stop Green's, Shedinja will really help me stay ahead in prize cards. do you think I should toss in a Karen or two to keep myself from running out of Pokemon or do you think Brock's Grit would be a better choice? I'm also considering adding in Talonflame STS 96 for a faster start and Exp Share to speed up the energy attachment, what are your thoughts on whether I should add them in and what I should take out. Thank you so much for your help, I'm a new player and I'm still trying to get the hang of deck-building.