Help Budget Alt. Expanded Deck

Hyrum

Aspiring Trainer
Hey all! I have a small casual Pokemon tournament coming up and I'm trying to figure out what deck to make. The format is, as we call it, "Alt. Expanded". It essentially means any cards E-card Series onward are allowed (2002+), including any cards currently banned in expanded. Does anyone have any deck ideas that won't break the bank? I'm trying to avoid any donk decks because I feel those ruin the game.

Hey all! I have a small casual Pokemon tournament coming up and I'm trying to figure out what deck to make. The format is, as we call it, "Alt. Expanded". It essentially means any cards E-card Series onward are allowed (2002+), including any cards currently banned in expanded. Does anyone have any deck ideas that won't break the bank? I'm trying to avoid any donk decks because I feel those ruin the game.
Hello! By unbanning the banned cards, your tournament organiser just broke the game. My personal favourite way to play unlimited format is Unown Hand, and that still has all the cards it needs to win turn one (as do plenty of other decks). The most important card to any deck in that format is Broken Space-Time; is that still legal for your event?

Hey FourteenAlmonds, thanks for responding. Yes, Broken Space-time is legal. In reality, this is just a tournament me and a few friends are putting together, there's no tournament organizer or anything like that. I do like the idea of making a Unown Hand deck. How would I go about doing that? Should I do something like Bewear GRI paired with Broken Time-Space and x4 Devolution Spray? Or would it be better to use something like Heat Factory and Roxie/Eggs for draw power and stall with Dolls & Robo Sub?

Hey FourteenAlmonds, thanks for responding. Yes, Broken Space-time is legal. In reality, this is just a tournament me and a few friends are putting together, there's no tournament organizer or anything like that. I do like the idea of making a Unown Hand deck. How would I go about doing that? Should I do something like Bewear GRI paired with Broken Time-Space and x4 Devolution Spray? Or would it be better to use something like Heat Factory and Roxie/Eggs for draw power and stall with Dolls & Robo Sub?
Haha, now that you ask, I have a list for this very situation -- I'll get back to you in an hour or so :)

4 Buneary Lv.13 (dpmd)
4 Lopunny (flashfr)
4 Porygon (unb)
4 Porygon2 (exds)
4 Uxie Lv.55 (dpla)
4 Porygon-Z (unb)
4 Sableye Lv.31 (dpsf)
2 Unown (sm8.)
4 Level Ball (ao)
4 Pokemon Communication (sm9c)
4 Stadium Nav (unm)
2 Lysandre's Trump Card (xypf)
2 Lillie's Best Effort
1 Computer Search (bwbc)
1 Luxury Ball (dpsf)
4 Energy Loto (smgr)
4 Broken Time-Space (platinum)
4 Draw Energy SR (coe)

This is the list I'm using at the moment. It can get a t1 win pretty consistently going either first or second, although you do have to be somewhat more careful of using up resources if you go first since you can't Trump Card them back in.

4 Buneary Lv.13 (dpmd)
4 Lopunny (flashfr)
4 Porygon (unb)
4 Porygon2 (exds)
4 Uxie Lv.55 (dpla)
4 Porygon-Z (unb)
4 Sableye Lv.31 (dpsf)
2 Unown (sm8.)
4 Level Ball (ao)
4 Pokemon Communication (sm9c)
4 Stadium Nav (unm)
2 Lysandre's Trump Card (xypf)
2 Lillie's Best Effort
1 Computer Search (bwbc)
1 Luxury Ball (dpsf)
4 Energy Loto (smgr)
4 Broken Time-Space (platinum)
4 Draw Energy SR (coe)

This is the list I'm using at the moment. It can get a t1 win pretty consistently going either first or second, although you do have to be somewhat more careful of using up resources if you go first since you can't Trump Card them back in.
The only super expensive card I can think of in there is probably the Computer Search, which you can take out.

That’s amazing! As to not using Lysandre’s Trump turn one, couldn’t you do it with Porygon2? And thank you so much for the list, I’m totally going to be making that!

Back