Bronzong Variants

exxtrooper

Spooky spooky tree
It actually won Canada's Nationals :p. It's pretty decent but I think the general consensus is that playing Metal with M Rayquaza-EX is better.

Dialga EX won against M ray? How did that work out? Is there a list somewhere that shows the decks for canada? Can only find for nationals.

Talkingcat

Aspiring Trainer
I just noticed the date i seem to have missed that. Is pure metal decks still in the meta? It doesnt seem like Dialga Ex do enough damage for its ex status with it unable to take down all the megas pokemon that seem to run the mill now.

Yes, it seems so. But people are focusing more on Aegislash than Dialga. I think Ageislash will usually be there in higher counts, quite a few other Pokemon in low counts (the deck that won Canadian nationals also had Mewtwo and Toad). So I think he idea is "stall with Aegislash, then go either for the 2HKO with that or use the other Pokemon in your deck as you need".

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
Yes, it seems so. But people are focusing more on Aegislash than Dialga. I think Ageislash will usually be there in higher counts, quite a few other Pokemon in low counts (the deck that won Canadian nationals also had Mewtwo and Toad). So I think he idea is "stall with Aegislash, then go either for the 2HKO with that or use the other Pokemon in your deck as you need".

Exactly. Metal Decks have become anti-meta in a way, with Heatran dealing handily with Night March and Aegislash dealing with pretty much every other competitive deck.

TheStrictNein

But how can Aegislash-EX be used post-rotation?

As a tech in Metal Warp Metagross Decks.

Metal Warp is a poor mans Escape Rope. Let's you cycle Aegislash in to tank a hit one turn, power up Metagross, then cycle Metagross back in next turn.

exxtrooper

Spooky spooky tree
As a tech in Metal Warp Metagross Decks.

Metal Warp is a poor mans Escape Rope. Let's you cycle Aegislash in to tank a hit one turn, power up Metagross, then cycle Metagross back in next turn.
Id like to test this, i want this to be good to save metal decks, but im just not sure how to make a stage 2 competitive. I guess it would also be good to have metagross against safeguards. How strong line would you use? 2-2-2 with wally, level ball, ultraball?

Talkingcat

Aspiring Trainer
But how can Aegislash-EX be used post-rotation?

You can still use it- you just can't switch it back to the bench every turn and add as many energy as you have Bronzongs/energy in the discard pile. You may be able to use that maneuver a very limited amount of times (depending on the number of switches/escape ropes you have), but basically you will be charging up an Aegislash on the bench while something in the active position attacks/plays for time.

Bear in mind, anyway, it's very hard to 1HKO anything with Aegislash, you are usually going for the 2HKO. Three metal energy or two plus a muscle band is enough to KO regualr EXs other than Wailord. Four energy or three plus a muscle band does everything else. So... it doesn't take that much to charge one up. And you are not planning to stream them, you are hoping that the Mighty Shield will keep it safe and well.

Shakyy

Aspiring Trainer
Wait how come it cannot go back to the bench, I mean float stone is being reprinted in the next Japanese major set, which will also come our way, Metal will be very powerful next rotation imo.

TheStrictNein

Wait how come it cannot go back to the bench, I mean float stone is being reprinted in the next Japanese major set, which will also come our way, Metal will be very powerful next rotation imo.

That was posted before we knew we were getting a Float Stone reprint.

Obviously, this makes Metal very viable again, admittedly with higher counts of Float Stone (possibly 3 or 4)

Shakyy

Aspiring Trainer
Why whould we run higher counts of float stone though, most higher placing metal decks have only run a count of 2?

pygohan

Lost Deck Builder
You won't have Keldeo anymore to rush in then retreat, which is why you could get away with less float stones/switches.

MrIronGolem27

Primal Dialga!
Hmm...

...just thought of Dragonite-EX FUF, but that would be really tacky.

Perhaps combo with Scoop Ups/AZ/Cassius?

TheStrictNein

Why whould we run higher counts of float stone though, most higher placing metal decks have only run a count of 2?

Because now you can't just attach one Float Stone to a Keldeo and have it Rush In and Retreat each turn, now each individual Pokemon needs to be able to retreat for free.

I am interested however to see how viable a Zoroark/Metal deck is with the Zoroark we're getting in BRT. Having Rush In and a pretty beefy attack is nice. Zoroark Break would also be nice with the ability to copy some interesting attacks.

Metal has a lot of leg left in it.

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Does anyone think Psychic Infinity M-Mewtwo would go well with this deck? I recently built Metal Ray and while it's proven to be a good deck, I'm not a huge fan of relying on Skyfield for damage. You could still run Skyfield with Mega Mewtwo, just you still have your damage output when it's wiped out.

Wobawoba21

Aspiring Trainer
level ball coming out again helps this decks acceleration a lot making it that much easier to get bronzing or two out (my bad if someone already mentioned this)