• Do not post in a ruling thread unless you’re a certified P!P Professor and have a PokeBeach Rulings Staff badge. Even if you know the answer or are providing card scans for another member. If you post without the badge, your post will be removed and you may receive a warning. If you would like to be approved to answer ruling questions on PokeBeach, you must prove you're a Professor by applying for a Rulings Staff badge here.

Do not ask a question in a thread that somebody else made, even if it's a follow up question to an answer a Professor gave. For any and all questions, please make a new thread with your question.

When posting a “Ruling” thread, you must include scans of all cards you are asking about. You can search for cards in the navbar above.

Ruling Broken-Time Space and Hyper Devolution Spray

R3troGamer

Aspiring Trainer
I have seen several forums where people have said that you can evolve with BTS out after using HDS, however I haven't seen anywhere that has an official ruling on it. Just wondering if there is an official ruling on it.

There is no specific ruling on the interaction between these two cards. However, I can explain how they interact, and maybe that might help.

The last statement on HDS says, "You can't evolve a Pokemon the turn you devolve it." This is reminder text, there to remind you of the rule that you can't evolve a Pokemon the turn you devolve it.

Broken Time-Space explicitly allows you to break that rule, just like Forest of Giant Plants does for Grass Pokemon, so you can devolve and re-evolve as many times as you are able during your turn.

Back