Finished Broken Picture Telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
Broken Picture Telephone - PokéBeach Edition!

Hello and welcome to the 1st PokéBeach version of Broken Picture Telephone. If you've never played BPT before, read on for details of the game and how to sign up.

Gameplay

BPT is a simple game with hilarious results. Did you ever play that game as a kid where everyone sits in a circle and whispers a phrase around so you can giggle at how silly the phrase became at the end? This is like that, but over the internet.

The game begins with a word phrase sent to the 1st player. This person draws a picture of that phrase (it doesn't need to be a work of art, mind you; open up MSPaint and do your best), and then sends that picture to the second person, who writes a phrase to describe the drawn, then that phrase gets sent to player 3 for another drawing, etc. and so forth. Once the round is complete, the full list of phrases and pictures is shared in the thread for everyone to see (and laugh at).
The order of players is the same as the order of sign-ups. Send your pic or phrase to the person beneath you in the list.

For another explanation (with pictures!) feel free to check out this introduction on the BPT website.

Rules

Because we're playing this over the forum, we have to institute a few rules to make sure the game runs smoothly and is enjoyable by everyone.

1. Post in this thread to sign-up for the next session is sign-ups are open. Once the maximum number of players, or the desired start-date (if specified), has been reached, sign-ups will close and the game will begin. The title will be updated to reflect whether sign-ups are open or closed at any given point.
  2. The Host of the game, Chaos Jackal, will be the official referee for the game. They will start the game with the first phrase and will be in charge of handling any questions or disputes.
  3. Phrases/Drawings are passed around through PMs to keep them secret from the others participating. When you receive your PM, you have a maximum 3 days to complete your part and then PM it to the next person. You can click the name of the person in the Sign Up list to go to their profile.
  4. When sending your PM to the next person in line, you must also include the Host in the PM exchange so that they also receive your drawing/phrase. This is to ensure that the Host can make the final list, and also because...
  5. If a player goes 3 days without submitting a phrase/drawing, they will be skipped over and the Host will send the drawing/phrase to the next person in line so the game can continue. If a player regularly does not submit a phrase/drawing, they may be banned from playing future rounds.
  6. All PokéBeach rules apply, so keep this in mind when drawing and making up phrases. This means no nudity, sexual acts, drug references, racism or other discrimination, or anything else that is against the PokéBeach rules. Members found to have broken any of these rules in the course of this game will be warned just as if they had posted those things in public.
  7. Discussion in the thread is allowed, but you're not allowed to share anything regarding messages and pics.

If you have any questions, please post them in thread!
By the way, Athena wrote this for me, so if you like the game, be sure to thank her!
Since there seems to be interest, I'll keep sign ups open until Saturday and start the game on Sunday.
Sign-Ups:
[smod]Athena[/smod]
[member]lovandra[/member]
[member]Reggie McGigas[/member]
[member]Psychedelic Breakfast[/member]
[member]Spartan Sceptile[/member]
[member]rev3rsor[/member]
[member]Keeper of Night[/member]
[member]Machamp The Champion[/member]
[member]Eron[/member]
[member]Professor Palutena[/member]
[member]BibiTotoLover[/member]
[member]Scorched Feathers[/member]
[member]professorlight[/member]
[member]Porygon-X[/member]
[member]Celever[/member]
[member]PMJ[/member]
[member]AlexanderTheAwesome[/member]
[member]WanderingWolf[/member]​

RE: Broken Picture Telephone-Sign Ups are open!

Ehem.

professorlight said:
I present to you the next pokebeach forum game:

Warning: can cause uncontrollable laughter, asphyxyation, serious cases of face-against-desk, the loss of all that is innocent and pure in your life. not safe for young people, old people, people with heart disease, perfectly healthy people and puppies. Especially puppies. If you are a puppy DON'T OPEN THAT LINK. Oh, and if you are a minor, don't open it either. Or do it. all the cool kids are doing it.

professorlight said:
Twisted (and I) meant in another thread.

A new thread.

A better thread.

A craaaazier thread.

EAT POOP YOU MEOWTH
winter 2014. only in pokebeach.

You're weeelcome.
Okay, it was athena's idea.

But I saw it coming,

Oh, and I'm in I guess. Let's see how nuts this can get.

professorlight said:
Ehem.
You're weeelcome.

Actually, it was my idea and I've been playing it on other forums for a few years now, so you're a bit too late to take any credit :p

That said, not in, too much on my plate right now. Looking forward to see how this goes, though!

I'm in too! :D Already looking forward to it..

I'm in! It's nice to finally have a peaceful forum game that's not super competitive besides Hurt and Heal... Let me rephrase that: It's nice to finally have a peaceful forum game that's not super competitive.

I've played a Cranium game that I forget the name of before that's basically the same as this game.

Definitely in this. :D

Cant wait to say the exact opposite of what I'm told.

oh yes this looks good
In please!

I'm heading out of town today and won't be back till Monday, so I was wondering if it's at all possible to put me somewhere near the end of the list in case you guys start while I'm gone.

Don't worry, the game probably won't have started until then. Even if it has, you have three days to send the next message. Unless those before you submit within a day, you'll probably make it. If you can't, I'll make arrangements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back