Finished Broken Picture Telephone - Both Rounds Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Broken Picture Telephone

Welcome to Broken Picture Telephone, a game based on that telephone game, where you whisper a sentence to other and see how much it's changed by the end. However, this time is going be a lot more internet-y.

When the game starts, the first member on the round list will be sent a sentence by the host (me). They will be tasked to make a picture describing that sentence. Once finished, that player must send the picture to the the next player on the player list, and the host. The player who received the picture then makes a sentence based off that picture, and sends it to the next player (and the host), and so on. This continues until the last player submits to the host, on which the host then posts all the pictures and sentences everyone has made, to see how much the sentence has changed!

While this round (Round A) is ongoing, there will be a second, concurrent round (Round B). Round B will move along the list reverse to Round A, and start off with a picture. This means everyone will get a turn in creating a picture and a sentence!

• All sentences and pictures must abide by the PokéBeach rules.
  • You have 48 hours to send your picture/sentence to the next person, otherwise you will be skipped and we will move on to the next person.
  • When sending your picture/sentence, send it only to the person below you on the round list (found in a later spoiler), and the host, @bbninjas. Remember to state in the conversation title whether the submission is for Round A or Round B.
  • If you are sent a picture, you make a sentence to send. If you are sent a sentence, you make a picture to send.
  • Keep sentences relatively condensed. Anything over 40 words is getting excessive. You may, however, use multiple sentences as part of your "sentence" to describe if you so wish.
  • Pictures may not include letters, words or symbols (i.e. +, =).
  • You don't need to be Van Gogh - you picture doesn't need to be spectacular. Something with effort whipped up in MS Paint is absolutely fine! You can even stick with stick figures, but you're encouraged to try a little harder than that.
Original Sentence said:
Gotta catch 'em all

First Member said:
o41i.png

Second Member said:
All the pokemon nodded in unison when the officer showed them the picture of the perp.

Round A:
  1. King Xerneas
  2. Empoleon_master
  3. Vom
  4. dragonspit999 Celever
  5. double_o_squirtle
  6. Yeowie
  7. Vracken
  8. thegrovylekid
  9. GM Draclord
DONE!

Round B:
  1. GM Draclord
  2. thegrovylekid bbninjas
  3. Vracken
  4. Yeowie
  5. double_o_squirtle
  6. dragonspit999 Celever bbninjas. Again.
  7. Vom
  8. Empoleon_master (B)
  9. King Xerneas

The game is very simple to play and doesn't require little time commitment, yet it is a lot of fun! Sign ups end on January 15th, AEST. The more, the merrier - so tell your friends!

Last edited:
In!

PS: Fixed your picture. The Broken Picture Telephone's OP had a...broken picture.

I will do this as long as I don't have to be the one editing the pictures in because, let's just say my "art" is basically stuff a third grader could do better...in paint.

I will do this as long as I don't have to be the one editing the pictures in because, let's just say my "art" is basically stuff a third grader could do better...in paint.

Everyone participating will be making a picture and a sentence. Don't worry about your art - I've seen pictures for this game that are as good as a preschooler. :eek: You can also cut/grab images from the internet if you don't want to draw.

Not joining, but I thought it was interesting. My family has a physical version of this game, and we call it "Write to the Right." ^_^

H/H wars?? Please explain.
H/H is known as Hurt or Heal after the Forum Game Hurt and Heal, and was possibly the biggest flame war in PB history that has scarred that lives of all who participated. No, we are not going to be running Hurt or Heal again. And, yes, everyone would wish to forget the war, so please don't crack any jokes on the topic. :D

I've sent out Round A and Round B now! Round A begins with King Xerneas and Round B begins with GM Draclord. You can see each round's orders in the updated OP here. Something I did not specifically mention in the OP is that using multiple sentences as the "sentence" you send is allowed! It makes things easier to read without a string of "ands". n.n;

Otherwise, remember to abide by all the rules, include me in anything you send as part of Broken Picture Telephone, and have fun!

Nup @dragonspit999! I'll add you to the middle of the Rounds, which no pictures/sentences have reached just yet, which means nothing will be messed up. :)

Celever has been subbed in for Dragonspit, as Dragon has not been on PB for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back