Brilliant Thunder Theme Deck

NobleSX

Aspiring Trainer
My family have only been playing for a few weeks so we're still learning deck building at the moment while we wait for some EBay Trainer singles and Boosters to arrive.

I've been doing a little research trying to find other cards that will synergise with the majority of the Brilliant Thunder FLF Theme deck. So far I've figured it's all about more trainers. Only leaving in Snorlax (1), Torkoal (3), Rapidash (2-2) and Luxio (2-2) for Pokemon.

Changing less than 20 cards, and using the majority of staples within the theme deck, what would your Brillaint Thunder deck list look like?

(P.S. For some reason the search function never works for me).

Changing less than 20 cards, eh. If it were me, i would focus on Heliolisk and Torkoal. Heliolisk can set up Torkoal which can hit for 80 damage while only being a basic pokemon which will also allow you to use Blacksmith. Rapidash is pretty underwhelming but you can use its Overrun attack to set up future KOs for Torkoal.

-2-2 Luxio
-2-1 Lopunny
-2-2 Fletchinder
-1 Snorlax
-4-2-1 Pidgeot
-1 Lightning Energy
(-20 cards)

Pidgeot has the potential to be really powerful, but without Double Colorless Energy and Rare Candy, it would just be easier and less strain on time and resources to just get rid of it. Snorlax is just awful, unless you want to do some Slurpluff or Virizion EX shennanigans so it doesn't fall asleep, but that's a whole different deck. Fletchinder is a waste of a card and Luxio relies heavily on your opponents prize count.

3 Torkoal
4-3 Heliolisk
3-3 Rapidash

2 Professor Sycamore (XY)
3 Shauna (XY)
4 Roller Skate
4 Poké Ball (Not in any of the XY sets, but it's super cheap)
3 Pokemon Fan Club
2 Blacksmith
2 Prof Letter
2 Evosoda

15 Fire Energy

just a quick build. The Items and Supporters would need a complete overhaul, but small changes at a time. For now this gives you draw power and search power. The plan of action is simple: you set up Heliolisk preferable on your 2nd or 3rd turn, Parabolic Charge a couple times and load energy onto your Torkoal(s) and just Flamethrower to victory. Rapidash can weaken things on the bench for Torkoal to KO. I never recommend anyone to use Poke ball because there are much better and reliable options, but it's super cheap and easy to acquire. There's no lightning energy in the deck because the only attack you should be using is Parabolic Charge, but if you want to, you can take out 2 fire energy and put in 2 lightning energy (don't let the energy count go above 15) There's still a alot of space to mess around with.

Many thanks for the reply Emperor. Much appreciated.

I can already see how these small changes make a big difference. After playtesting, I'll look to make more changes and learn how they change the deck strategy further.

Thanks.

Back