TCG Fakes Brandon's Non-Specific Text Based Fakes

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
Normally I'd do set theme, but that spoils it if I get an idea outside of a specific theme, so hey ho. I mean I might do themes here? Not sure, but let's do this.

Scyther – Grass – HP90
Basic

[C] Swords Dance
During your next turn, this Pokémon's Slash attack does 40 more damage (before applying weakness and resistance)

[G][G] Slash - 30

Weakness: Fire
Resistance: None
Retreat: [C] [C]

Scizor GX – Grass – HP160
Stage 1

Ability: Metal Coat
Any damage done to this Pokémon by Metal type Pokémon is reduced by 50.

[G][C][C] Hammer Punch - 60+
If there is a stadium card in play, this attack does 60 more damage.

[G][G][G] Revenge Swarm GX 40x
This attack does 40 damage for each [G] Pokémon in your discard pile.
(You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Retreat: [C] [C] [C]

Moltres GX – Fire – HP180
Basic

Ability: Burn Up
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to your bench, search your deck for up to 4 [R] energy and put them into your hand.

[R][C] Fuel Burst - 60+
If the defending Pokémon is burned, this attack does 60 more damage.

[R][R][C] Blazing Stream GX - 200
If the defending Pokémon is not knocked out by this attack, the opponent must switch their active Pokémon.
That Pokémon is now burned and remains burned as long as it's the active Pokémon.
If the defending Pokémon is knocked out by this attack, the new active Pokémon is now burned and remains burned as long as it's the active Pokémon.

Weakness: Lightning
Resistance: Grass

Articuno GX – Water – HP180
Basic

Ability: Winter
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to your bench, the opponent's active Pokémon becomes paralyzed until the end of their next turn.

[W][C][C] Arctic Wings - 30x
Flip a coin for each [W] Pokémon on your bench. This attack does 30 damage times to number of heads.

[W][W][C] Blizzard GX - 150
This attack does 100 damage to each of your opponent's benched Pokémon.

Weakness: Metal
Resistance: Fighting

Zapdos GX – Electric – HP180
Basic

Ability: Thunderstorm
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to your bench, flip a coin for each Pokémon on your opponent's bench and put 3 damage counters on that Pokémon.

[L][C][C] Static Wings - 100
You may leave the defending Pokémon paralyzed. If you do, discard all energy attached to this Pokémon.

[L][L][C][C] Powercut GX - 150
Discard up to 4 energy cards attached to your opponent's Pokémon in any way you like.
Your opponent can't attach any energy cards during their next turn.

Weakness: Fighting
Resistance: Metal

Bewear GX – Fighting – HP230
Stage 1 – Evolves from Stufful

Ability: Sleuth Shield
This Pokémon takes 20 less damage from attacks for each Bewear or Bewear GX on your bench.

[F][C][C] Bear Hug - 80+
You may search the top 5 cards of your deck for a Bewear or Bewear GX and put them in your hand. If you do, this attack does 40 more damage for each Bewear or Bewear GX you find.

[F][C][C] Crash 'n' Smash GX - 150
This attack does 50 damage for each Bewear in play to each of your opponent's benched Pokémon.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)

Lush Jungle- Trainer
Stadium

Any damage done by each Grass Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponent’s) is increased by 20 (after applying weakness and resistance).

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.

Mimikyu – Fairy – HP80
Basic

Ability: Disguise
When this Pokémon becomes your active Pokémon, flip a coin. If heads, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon until the end of your opponent's next turn.

[C] Call For Friends
Search your deck for a Basic Pokémon and put it on your bench. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[Y][Y][C] Play Rough - 50+
If this Pokémon took damage during your opponent's last turn, this attack does 50 more damage.

Mimikyu GX – Fairy – HP130
Basic

Ability: Rag Gang
All Mimikyu or Mimikyu GX in play have no retreat cost.

[Y][C] Disguise Surprise - 60
This attack can be used during your first turn.
If you use this attack during your first turn, this attack does 20 damage and the opponent can't attach any energy cards during their next turn.

[Y][Y][Y] Mimic GX
Choose the GX attack of one of your opponent's Pokémon and use it as this attack.

Type: Null – Colourless – HP100
Basic

Ability: Nullify
If this Pokémon has any Skull Energy attached to it, it can't be affected by a special condition.

[C][C] Slash - 40

[C][C][C] Rage - 30+
This attack does 20 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokémon

Weakness: None

Silvally – Colourless – HP120
Basic

Ability: RKS System
Each turn (before you attack) you may search your deck for a Basic Energy card and attach it to this Pokémon.
This Pokémon's type becomes the same type as that energy.

[C][C] Distressed Headbutt - 40+
This attack does 10 more damage for each Skull Energy attached to this Pokémon

[C][C][C][C] Carnage - 120
If the defending Pokémon is knocked out by this attack, this Pokémon does 30 damage to itself.

Weakness: None

Gladion
Supporter

Search your deck for up to 4 Skull Energy and attach them to your Pokémon in any way you like.

Guzma's Backup Plan
Supporter

Each player must flip a coin. If heads, that player shuffles all cards in their discard pile into their deck (except for Guzma's Backup Plan).

Shady House
Stadium

Each Pokémon that has a Skull Energy attached to it has no Retreat Cost

Skull Energy
Special Energy

This card provides [C] energy. While in play, this card provides any type of energy but provides only 1 energy at a time.
The attacks of the Pokémon this card is attached to has no weakness.

Torterra GX – Grass – HP180
Stage 2

Ability: Overgrow
While this Pokémon's in play, each player's [G] Pokémon can evolve during their first turn or the turn they play those Pokémon.

[G][C] Giga Drain - 60
Heal from this Pokémon the same amount of damage you did to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[G][G][G] Frenzy Plant GX - 150
This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent's benched Pokémon for each [G] Pokémon on your bench

Retreat: [C] [C] [C] [C]

Infernape GX – Fire – HP160
Stage 2

Ability: Blaze
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may take 1 [R] Energy card attached to 1 of your Pokémon and attach it to a different one.

[R][R] Fire Punch - 60+
If the defending Pokémon has [F] as its weakness, this attack does 60 more damage.

[R][R][R][R] Blast Burn GX - 180
Whenever your opponent's Active Pokémon retreats, their new Active Pokémon is Burned

Weakness: Water

Empoleon GX – Water – HP170
Stage 2

Ability: Torrent
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may attach 1 [W] Energy card to 1 of your [W] Pokémon.

[W] Royal Rain - 40+

This attack does 20 more damage for each [W] attached to this Pokémon.

[W][W][W][W] Hydro Cannon GX - 200
Flip a coin for each of your opponent's benched Pokémon. This attack does 80 damage to that Pokémon.
If that Pokémon is a [R] type, do 160 damage instead.

Last edited:

BrandonHappened

Done some Mimikyu cards and a Team Skull card.
MAY have gone overboard with the GX, though...

Guzma's Backup Plan
Supporter

Each player must flip a coin. If heads, that player shuffles all cards in their discard pile into their deck (except for Guzma's Backup Plan).

Mimikyu – Fairy – HP80
Basic

Ability: Disguise
When this Pokémon becomes your active Pokémon, flip a coin. If heads, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon until the end of your opponent's next turn.

[C] Call For Friends
Search your deck for a Basic Pokémon and put it on your bench. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[Y][Y][C] Play Rough - 50+
If this Pokémon took damage during your opponent's last turn, this attack does 50 more damage.

Mimikyu GX – Fairy – HP130
Basic

Ability: Rag Gang
All Mimikyu or Mimikyu GX in play have no retreat cost.

[Y][C] Disguise Surprise - 60
This attack can be used during your first turn.
If you use this attack during your first turn, this attack does 20 damage and the opponent can't attach any energy cards during their next turn.

[Y][Y][Y] Mimic GX
Choose the GX attack of one of your opponent's Pokémon and use it as this attack.

Sidenote: Also updated Skull Energy because I didn't like it

Last edited:

BrandonHappened

Figured I'd have a crack at the legendary birds

Articuno GX – Water – HP180
Basic

When you play this Pokémon from your hand to your bench, the opponent's active Pokémon becomes paralyzed until the end of their next turn.

[W][C][C] Arctic Wings - 30x
Flip a coin for each [W] Pokémon on your bench. This attack does 30 damage times to number of heads.

[W][W][C] Blizzard GX - 150
This attack does 100 damage to each of your opponent's benched Pokémon.

Resistance: Fighting

Zapdos GX – Electric – HP180
Basic

Ability: Thunderstorm
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to your bench, flip a coin for each Pokémon on your opponent's bench and put 3 damage counters on that Pokémon.

[L][C][C] Static Wings - 100
You may leave the defending Pokémon paralyzed. If you do, discard all energy attached to this Pokémon.

[L][L][C][C] Powercut GX - 150
Discard up to 4 energy cards attached to your opponent's Pokémon in any way you like.
Your opponent can't attach any energy cards during their next turn.

Weakness: Fighting
Resistance: Metal

Moltres GX – Fire – HP180
Basic

When you play this Pokémon from your hand to your bench, search your deck for up to 4 [R] energy and put them into your hand.

[R][C] Fuel Burst - 60+
If the defending Pokémon is burned, this attack does 60 more damage.

[R][R][C] Blazing Stream GX - 200
If the defending Pokémon is not knocked out by this attack, the opponent must switch their active Pokémon.
That Pokémon is now burned and remains burned as long as it's the active Pokémon.
If the defending Pokémon is knocked out by this attack, the new active Pokémon is now burned and remains burned as long as it's the active Pokémon.

Resistance: Grass

Last edited:

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Hey Brandon, glad to see you've joined the realm of faking! However, I have a few suggestions for your cards. I'll be using your latest post to analyze all of this seeing as they will hit all of my points.

Here's a big one. GX cards should not have an ability as well as 2 attacks and a GX attack. The main reason this wouldn't happen is card space, since an Ability as well as 2 attacks would probably leave the card without any space for artwork, or weakness and resistance. but I give you points for being really creative. I love some of the effects on these attacks.

Also, a lot of words you've used in your cards should be capitalized. "Active", "Energy", "Bench", "Burned/Poisoned/Paralyzed/Confused/Asleep". There are also some balancing issues:
[L][L][L][L][L] Static Wings - 100
An appropriate amount of Energy for this attack would be [L][C] or [L][L]. 100 damage is incredibly small for this amount of Energy, as well as it punishing you if you choose to leave the opponent's Active Pokemon Paralyzed.

A couple big wording errors:
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to your bench, search your deck for up to 6 [R] energy and put them into your hand.
This should be reworded to "When you play this Pokemon from your hand to your Bench, search your deck for up to 6 [R] Energy and put them in your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.". There could be some balance work to this as well, 6 [R] Energy is an awful lot, perhaps it could be nerfed a bit to 4 [R] Energy?
This is an unusual (though creative) effect. I'm not sure the TCG works in ways like this, where a status condition lasts only a single turn. Correct me if I'm wrong if this is something they have done before, but if they haven't, then it should probably be "When you play this Pokemon from your hand to your Bench, your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Paralyzed.".

Another thing to point out, all of the birds have fairly unusual Resistances. They should all be resistant to [F] if anything. Sure in the VG they can be resistant to these elements but it's not a resistance that TCPi would put on their cards, and the cards are meant to be as realistic as possible (unless you're not going for that, in which case keep doing what you're doing). A good way to get this right is looking at the Weakness and Resistance of a card of the Pokemon you're making (multiples if they exist), and try to make them similar to that.

Last thing I've noticed is there are absolutely no [C] Energy values on these Pokemon. Having all of one type of Energy is very limiting, and can actually effect the play-ability of a card (almost always negatively).

There's no denying that these cards are extremely creative, out of the box, and have new affects I have never seen on cards before. However, wording is a top priority, and a few things are off with the wording. Also forgive for not putting the accent on my e's in the word Pokemon while rewording, please remember to use those too! ^w6

BrandonHappened

Thanks so much for your advice! I'll re-work them a little.
Also, you should have a look at some of the other cards I've done.

BrandonHappened

I made new cards
Scyther, Scizor GX and a Lush Jungle Stadium

Lush Jungle- Trainer
Stadium

Any damage done by each Grass Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponent’s) is increased by 20 (after applying weakness and resistance).

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.

Scyther – Grass – HP90
Basic

[C] Swords Dance
During your next turn, this Pokémon's Slash attack does 40 more damage (before applying weakness and resistance)

[G][G] Slash - 30

Scizor GX – Grass – HP160
Stage 1

Ability: Metal Coat
Any damage done to this Pokémon by Metal type Pokémon is reduced by 50.

[G][C][C] Hammer Punch - 60+
If there is a stadium card in play, this attack does 60 more damage.

[G][G][G] Revenge Swarm GX 40x
This attack does 40 damage for each [G] Pokémon in your discard pile.

Last edited:

BrandonHappened

D&P Remake text based fakes

Torterra GX – Grass – HP180
Stage 2

Ability: Overgrow
While this Pokémon's in play, each player's [G] Pokémon can evolve during their first turn or the turn they play those Pokémon.

[G][C] Giga Drain - 60
Heal from this Pokémon the same amount of damage you did to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[G][G][G] Frenzy Plant GX - 150
This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent's benched Pokémon for each [G] Pokémon on your bench

Infernape GX – Fire – HP160
Stage 2

Ability: Blaze
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may take 1 [R] Energy card attached to 1 of your Pokémon and attach it to a different one.

[R][R] Fire Punch - 60+
If the defending Pokémon has [F] as its weakness, this attack does 60 more damage.

[R][R][R][R] Blast Burn GX - 180
Whenever your opponent's Active Pokémon retreats, their new Active Pokémon is Burned

Weakness: Water

Empoleon GX – Water – HP170
Stage 2

Ability: Torrent
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may attach 1 [W] Energy card to 1 of your [W] Pokémon.

[W] Royal Rain - 40+
This attack does 20 more damage for each [W] attached to this Pokémon.

[W][W][W][W] Hydro Cannon GX - 200
Flip a coin for each of your opponent's benched Pokémon. This attack does 80 damage to that Pokémon.
If that Pokémon is a [R] type, do 160 damage instead.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Nice cards! Though there're a few things I'd like to bring to your attention:

Wording Errors:
- Scizor GX's Metal Coat ability should read like this: "This Pokémon takes 50 less damage from your opponent's Metal Pokémon (after applying Weakness and Resistance)." Of course the before or after is dependent on what affect you wanted, but that's for example.
- Infernape GX's
Blaze ability should read like this: "As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move 1 [R] Energy from 1 of your Pokemon to another of your Pokemon."
- Empoleon GX's
Torrent ability should read: "As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may attach a [W] Energy to 1 of your Pokemon.
- Empoleon GX's
Hydro Cannon GX should read like so: "Flip a coin for each of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. If heads, this attack does 80 damage to that Pokemon (don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon).

For wording issues, please don't forget the accent on the "e" in Pokemon. I just didn't have time to copy/paste it, sorry. ^w6

Conceptual Complications:
- First, the HP for pretty much all of them is quite low. Scizor should be at about 210-220 HP, while all the starters should be 230-250 HP. 160-180 is incredibly low for a Stage 1 or even Stage 2 GX.
- Infernape GX's
Blast Burn GX is not an attack that could really be implanted. It's very memory based, and moves that have their affects that span over many many turns (besides ones that cause status conditions) can be very confusing, and this one is very confusing.
- Empoleon GX's
Torrent ability is beyond broken. There is no type of energy acceleration out there that does any of this. It should be kept that way. This would become an instant tech in Water boxes, only making them more OP than they already are.

Besides these issues, your cards are great! You're obviously creative and trying new things. Don't forget to balance the cards a bit as well. Proofread, check for wording errors and unbalanced effects. Keep it up! ^w6