• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Braixzard Control

momand

Aspiring Trainer
Hi sorry that this thread might be mildly worse than my other threads but I’m posting this on my phone lol
Pokemon:
4x Volcanion
2x Charizard & Braixen GX
2x Weezing HIF
1x Reshiram & Charizard GX
1x Mega Lopunny & Jigglypuff GX

Trainers:
4x Welder
4x Green’s Exploration
2x Jessie and James
1x Cynthia & Caitlyn
1x Mallow & Lana
1x Lt. Surge’s Strategy

4x Pokegear 3.0
4x Custom Catcher
3x Reset Stamp
3x Fire Crystal
2x Tag Call
2x Choice Helmet
1x Fiery Flint
1x Chip-Chip Ice Axe
1x Switch

3x Power Plant
1x Chaotic Swell
1x Heat Factory

Energy:
11x Fire Energy

Please explain the strategy/plan, because this looks a lil bit like a mess for a control deck
Braixzard is the main attacker. Its attack for 3 fire and 1 colorless does 180 and you get to search your deck for 3 cards and put them into your hand. You also have Volcanion for energy acceleration/one prize attacker and Reshizard for Latios GX. You can use Green's to search for Trainers such as Custom Catcher and Reset Stamp to stall your opponent.

Jessie and James and Weezing allow you to discard a bunch of cards from your opponent's hand. Power Plant locks your opponent out of GX abilities such as Dedechange. Chaotic Swell is just an annoying stadium as a whole, forcing the opponent to basically lose a Stadium unless they play Marshadow. Cynthia/Caitlyn allow you to reuse supporters and Mallow/Lana gives extra healing. Chip-Chip can change the opponent's top deck.

The idea is to be annoying while also taking prizes

I think the confusion is the fact you named it control when it isn't strictly a control deck. Looks pretty good and relatively viable, but I don't think the control aspect is really it's best strength. Personally I wouldn't bother with Volcanion tbh, those 4 slots could be better distributed for something like an extra Braixzard or two and Mars or Hammers if you really want to commit to control. Also, what is the Mega Lopunny Tag Team for?

An alt attacker against stuff like mewmew and somewhat decent tank as well ig, although tanking is not the intended purpose.

I think the confusion is the fact you named it control when it isn't strictly a control deck. Looks pretty good and relatively viable, but I don't think the control aspect is really it's best strength. Personally I wouldn't bother with Volcanion tbh, those 4 slots could be better distributed for something like an extra Braixzard or two and Mars or Hammers if you really want to commit to control. Also, what is the Mega Lopunny Tag Team for?
Mega Lopunny is just a broken card in general. It helps deal with a lot of decks such as ABZard, M3w Box, Dark Box, etc. that plays a bunch of Dedenne or other GX Pokemon.

Also it's more hand control not board state control, playing 3 Reset Stamp, 2 Jessie and James and 2 Weezing, as well as tanking with Braixzard.

Volcanion is absolutely necessary as a 1-prize option for matchups like Malamar as well as a good energy acceleration option for early turns.

Back