• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

BR Seniors: CandyCane (Typhlosion/Ninetails/Flygon) NEEDS HELP FROM ADVANCED PLAYERS!!

pokefan1234

Creater of Garchomp C/Absol G!!
This is the deck I will probably take to BR because of its speed and ability to overwhelm the opponent early game.

Pokemon (21)
x3 Trapinch RR
x2 Vibrava RR
x3 Flygon RR
x2 Cyndaquil HS
x1 Quilava HS
x2 Typhlosion PRIME HS
x3 Vulpix HS
x3 Ninetails HS
x4 Sableye SF
x1 Uxie LA

T/S/S (26)
x4 Bebe Search
x2 Dusk ball
x2 BTS
x4 Rare Candy
x3 Pokemon Collector
x1 Luxury Ball
x2 Interviewer's Questions
x2 Cynthia's Feelings
x2 Expert Belt
x1 Pokemon Communication
x1 Palmer's Contribution

Energy (13)
x4 DCE
x9 Fire Energy

Strategy: Hopefully get a Flygon fully set up Turn 2/3 with a Ninetails on the bench and start using Power Swing while you use Roast Reveal to speed up the deck TREMENDOUSLY! Ninetails for draw power, Uxie for emergency draw power, and then Typhlosion for speeding up energy attachments.

Problems:

-Consistency: I have tried putting in 2 Dusk Balls to help me get my Flygons faster, but i do not know what else to do

-Power: I have put in 2 E-belts which do help but I need to find a way to fill my bench with Evolutions faster.

Please help me with this deck, I think it can work it just needs a few kinks worked out :) (please do not suggest Call Energys,Flygon X, or Uxie X as they are too expensive for me to get)

P.S. This is my first sanctioned tournament :)

RE: BR Seniors: CandyCane (Typhlosion/Ninetails/Flygon)

+1 pokemon communication
+2 sableye SF
-2 dusk ball
-1 interviewers questions

Please explain your reasoning behind the changes. Thanks.
~Zyflair

Anyway I personally prefer Tomb over Sableye in most Flygon Varients. Spiritomb just slows down all Trainer Based decks, while setting you up. Also if you change your Trainer lines, you won't be affected by the Vileplume hype. Hope I helped. xP

Take out 2 Dusk Ball and add 1 more Collecters and you might think I'm crazy but 1 dual Ball it helps early game

Run the PT Vulpix (non-shiny) it makes for a good start. Sableye vs Spiritomb is your choice. I do like Spiritomb better in this deck, because it slows down the opponent (unless the opponent is GengarPlume) and helps Power Swing to do more damage. I would -2 Dusk Ball for +2 Pokemon Communication. It's just better overall, because you can search for what you want, rather than having to rely on what's at the bottom of your deck. That'll help a lot with consistency. I would -1 Rare Candy or -1 Fire Energy, depending on what you find less useful and + 1 BTS. I know 4 Rare Candy is standard, but in BRs where Gengarplume will be seen a lot, 3 BTS might help more.

Back