• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

BR Masters Tyranitar PRIME!

LugiAndreas

Aspiring Trainer
I'm trying and trying... But what to do with the wonderful card named Tyranitar Prime? This is what I made up a moment ago:

Pokemon: 21
3-2-3 Tyranitar Prime
1-0-1 Nidoqueen (RR)
1-1 Manectric (PL)
2-2 Skuntank (SF)
3 Sableye (SF)
2 Uxie (LA)

T/S/S: 26
3 Bebe's Search
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Looker's Investigation
1 Interviewer's Questions
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 Cynthia's Guidance
4 Rare Candy
3 Expert Belt
3 Warp Point
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Bench Shield
1 Memory Berry
1 Broken Time-space

Energies: 13
4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Special Darkness Energy
4 Basic Dark Energy
1 Basic Psychic Energy

Strategy:
I prefer to start with Sableye, abuse some supporters to set up T-tar and possibly some support on the bench, also for the chance to donk. On the bench: Uxie for drawing, Nidoqueen for healing, Skuntank for it's power when evolving to protect my T-tar and Manectric to protect my bench. Tyranitar will start with spreading 20, using Power Claw with a max. output of 90 and when really necessary I can use Megaton Tail to destroy anything that's around.
What do you think about it? I was doubting about Exploud to get rid of the rediculous weakness or even to put in Dewgong (RR) as a Donphan-counter.. I really fear that card..

Balboa

Aspiring Trainer
RE: BR Masters T-tar PRIME!

Skuntank is a good card, but what do you do if the opponent has a Power Spray? And what do you do if the defending pokemon retreats? And what do you do if your opponent uses Bright Look on Skuntank and snipes in your bench?
Unfortunately Skuntank isn't playable in the current metagame..
Some advices:
- 2-2 Skuntank
- 3 Sableye
- 1-0-1 Nidoqueen
- 1 Cynthia's Guidance
- 1 Rare Candy
- 1 Expert Belt
- 1 Psychic Energy
+ 4 Spiritomb (great against SP decks)
+ 1-1 Manectric
+ 1-1-1 Tyranitar
+ 1 Bebe's Search
+ 2 Professor Oak's New Theory
+ 1 Broken Time-Space

ApachePrime

Aspiring Trainer

I strongly agree with removing the Skuntank. Bright Look will make you sad when that Skuntank is stuck. Also, I really like Sableye as a starter. I would try testing the deck with Spiritomb though, as you'll need the support to setup properly. As someone that tested this pretty well going into Nats, I don't think you need another 1-1-1 T-tar, but that extra 1-1 Manectric makes it WAY easier to get out quickly. I think the Nidoqueen is a great play, but if you switch to Spiritomb it's gotta be a 1-1-1 lineup. I also think i fyou keep the 'Queen, you gotta keep that one psychic NRG. 'Queen can clean up after you'd got 2 T-Tars gone.

Balboa

Aspiring Trainer

When Nidoqueen was good in T-Tar Prime decks there was Claydol. Now there isn't, and is more difficult to st up two stage 2. A 3-3 Manectric line may be greate.
Instead I like Spiritomb here. It helps against LuxChomp, SableLock and ChenLock (the actually more played decks) and it's great for set up your Manectric and your T-Tar.

ApachePrime

Aspiring Trainer

Balboa said:
When Nidoqueen was good in T-Tar Prime decks there was Claydol. Now there isn't, and is more difficult to st up two stage 2.

Very good point. Definitely something to take into consideration with your testing.

LugiAndreas

Aspiring Trainer

Balboa said:
Skuntank is a good card, but what do you do if the opponent has a Power Spray? And what do you do if the defending pokemon retreats? And what do you do if your opponent uses Bright Look on Skuntank and snipes in your bench?
Unfortunately Skuntank isn't playable in the current metagame..
Some advices:
- 2-2 Skuntank
- 3 Sableye
- 1-0-1 Nidoqueen
- 1 Cynthia's Guidance
- 1 Rare Candy
- 1 Expert Belt
- 1 Psychic Energy
+ 4 Spiritomb (great against SP decks)
+ 1-1 Manectric
+ 1-1-1 Tyranitar
+ 1 Bebe's Search
+ 2 Professor Oak's New Theory
+ 1 Broken Time-Space

I seee, thank you!
Any suggestions for a Donphan-counter??
No Exploud? Or Dewgong? Or something else that may help destroy that thing....?

Kakusu

Aspiring Trainer

LugiAndreas said:
I seee, thank you!
Any suggestions for a Donphan-counter??
No Exploud? Or Dewgong? Or something else that may help destroy that thing....?

Glalie AR. 1HKO with a stadium in play and 1 DCE.

Balboa

Aspiring Trainer

Kakusu said:
Glalie AR. 1HKO with a stadium in play and 1 DCE.

What about Arceus Water? It's a basic pokemon and with a DCE and a water energie (and a Belt) has 1HKO on Donphan.
And you look cooler xD

ApachePrime

Aspiring Trainer

Balboa said:
What about Arceus Water? It's a basic pokemon and with a DCE and a water energie (and a Belt) has 1HKO on Donphan.
And you look cooler xD

Well, with Arceus you have to have the same amount of setup. Arceus, Water, DCE, Belt, 2 turns. As opposed to: Snorunt, Glalie, DCE, BTS, 1 turn.

The Glalie comes out faster is the best reason.

LugiAndreas

Aspiring Trainer

ApachePrime said:
Well, with Arceus you have to have the same amount of setup. Arceus, Water, DCE, Belt, 2 turns. As opposed to: Snorunt, Glalie, DCE, BTS, 1 turn.

The Glalie comes out faster is the best reason.

Yes, I understand and agree Glalie is faster. BUT... My BTS goes straight to the basket... And I only got one, I should get at least another one but until then Glalie isn't that great I think.. It's a waste of my one and only precious stadiumcard.

Other suggestions? Or maybe Exploud? It doesn't counter Donphan but protects me against Donphan, Machamp, Rampardos and so on... And when Exploud got shut down bij DGX, it's likely that I'm dealing a SP-deck and no fighting-type will threaten me.
What's your opinion on that??

DragonClyne725

Pikachu Sensai
-1 Psychic energy

+1 Broken Time-Space

With out Claydol and Roseanne's, drawing that one psychic energy when you need it most is going to be hard

LugiAndreas

Aspiring Trainer
I´ve been testing a Tyranitardeck against Donphan a couple of times now but it´s an autoloss in 95% of the cases..
I did got some Spiritombs yesterday but BTS is hard te get, I agree Spiritomb may be good for setup.
But what to do against the fightingtypes? Like I mentioned before, Exploud can protect Ttar but it´s another stage 2...

ApachePrime

Aspiring Trainer
LugiAndreas said:
I´ve been testing a Tyranitardeck against Donphan a couple of times now but it´s an autoloss in 95% of the cases..
I did got some Spiritombs yesterday but BTS is hard te get, I agree Spiritomb may be good for setup.
But what to do against the fightingtypes? Like I mentioned before, Exploud can protect Ttar but it´s another stage 2...

Hope it's not prevalent in your area? Or tech in a Bubble Coat. It helped immensely in my Donphan at Nats. Played 3 water decks, won all three of those matches with Donphan's HUGE weakness.

LugiAndreas

Aspiring Trainer
Hmmmm, I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't fear the fightingtypes and keep in mind that Tyranitar itself can be very powerfull!
I've fixed another T-tar deck, concentrated to get a charged T-tar out ASAP. Spiritomb, Sableye and a handful of supporters should help me with that. Check it out:

3 Spiritomb
4 Sableye
4-3-4 Ttar Prime

4 Interviewer's Questions
4 Bebe's Search
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Looker's Investigation
4 Cynthia's Guidance
2 Professor Oaks New Theory
4 Rare Candy
3 Expert Belt
1 Memory Berry
3 Warp point
2 Pokemon Communication

4 DCE
4 Special Dark
4 Basic Dark

Let me know what y'all think about this deck.! Note that this deck contains 61 cards, which one should I take out?

haRdcore

supermassive black hole

Balboa said:
And you look cooler xD

if you have to belt something and waste 2 energy attachments on it to kill 1 donphan, it's not a counter. it's just going to lose you the prize exchange.