• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

BR Masters: Chompz0r (Scizor Prime/Garchomp C Lv.X)

Byawpoonage

Aspiring Trainer
pokemon 18

3-3 scizor prime
2-2 garchomp X
3 ambipom G
2-1 uxie X
2 crobat G

trainers/supporters 28

3 cyrus conspiracy
3 poketurn
2 energy gain
2 interviewers questions
1 cynthias feelings
2 pokemon com
2 bebe's
2 pokemon collector
1 engineers adjustments
2 emcees chatter
2 warp point
2 lookers investigation
2 pokemon reversal
2 expert belt

energy 14

4 DCE
4 special metal
5 metal
1 psychic energy

Strategy: Scizor prime as the main attacker, ambipom G as my starter pokemon, moves energys to hopefully get specials on attackers so scizor cannot be hurt, also can be used as a quick donk/garchomp counter. garchomp is there to snipe.

first attempt at a tourny deck. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RE: scizor, garchomp

Few Questions:

1) Which division are you in?

2) Is this for Battle Roads?

Please add those answers to your thread title.

Thank you.

RE: scizor, garchomp

Its battle roads, masters. sry first post ill find out how to edit the title real quick

RE: BR Masters: Chompz0r

no posts :( maybe i wasnt specific enough, i'm mainly looking for advice trainers/supporters also if you think that it isnt reliable enough to rely on Ambipom G's energy transfers to help out my scizor, but any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated

Ambipom G doesn't move around your energy it moves around your opponents, just play Skarmory from Undaunted.

im aware of this, though i may not of stated it clearly, it was meant to move their special energys around so that their attackers could not attack my scizor.

Ah Just read your Strategy, and Uxie X is not a mewtwo counter, it still counts as a basic.

hmm i did not know this, thanks. what would u suggest i should put in for it?
maybe a 1-1 drifblim?

alright i edited it to remove uxie X, add a 1-1 drifblim and also removed 1 ambipom G sound better?

I'd say keep the Uxie X, it's too good of a card not to keep. Also Scizor's a decent Mewtwo Counter, seeing as how metal scissors can do 90 w/ Belt and it resists psychic.

Driflim's cool, but i dont know about taking out Uxie, uxie's AMAZING.

alright, i set it back to normal, but then removed -1 warp point and -1 lux ball and put in 2 expert belts. i forgot about scizor resistance to psychic, with a special metal energy or and expert belt he wont be able to OHKO me. so yeah i think this would work better. good advice

yeah i dont think people will lay down a mewtwo against a deck that has any non basics in it.

anyways

+1 cyrus to make it easier to draw into energies
+1 poketurn to further abuse crobat
+1 aarons recovery
+1 plamers recovery

-2 interviewers questions seems too risky and you can already pull energy with cyrus, i know you can't search special metals but, you need the space for recovery

-1 engineers adjustments you dont play enough basic energy or gain any benefit by having you energy in the discard to justify use of this card and im sure you dont want to discard DCE or special metals

-2 emcees chatter for
+2 professor oaks visit it gives you a guaranteed 3 cards and im sure youll have at least one useless card in your hand to put on the bottom

-2 pokemon communication I dont think you run enough pokemon for this card to be that effective
+1 luxury ball

-2 pokemon reversal
+2 sp radar

-2 ambipom g i dont think using ambipom to move energy on to a main attacker will be that effective, how often will someone leave a pokemon who is not their main attacker active with a special energy attached when they see an ambipom on the field. plus the more non siziors you have out the more pokemon opposing garchomps can dragon rush with DCEs.

+1 bebes
+1 collector both for consistency

you could also consider playing call energy for even more consistency

hope this helps but LMK what you think

pokemon 18

3-3 scizor prime
2-2 garchomp X
2 ambipom G
2-1 uxie X
2 crobat G

trainers/supporters 28

4 cyrus conspiracy
4 poketurn
2 energy gain
1 cynthias feelings
1 luxury ball
2 sp radar
2 bebe's
2 pokemon collector
2 professor oaks visit
2 warp point
2 lookers investigation
1 aarons collection
1 palmers contribution
2 expert belt

energy 14

4 DCE
4 special metal
5 metal
1 psychic energy

alright. i made a bunch of the changes you suggested because i liked them and felt they made sense, i removed 1 ambipom G but would like to keep them in the deck for a bit just to get a larger sample size. but ill get back to you after i test run this a few time. probably sometime tomorrow. and thanks for the input.

Back