• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Bouffalant/ Darkrai

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
This is a deck I have constructed that capitalises on Bouffalant and his ability to hit EXs for 180 with a Virbank/ laser and silver bangle combo. Ideally I'd like it to be able to hit for 180 turn 1 but haven't been able to think of a way with energy switch rotated out. So far I can consistently hit for 180 on EXs by turn 2
Here's the list!
Bouffalant/Darkrai

Pokemon: (11)
  • 4 Bouffalant (DRX)
  • 3 Sableye (DEX)
  • 3 Darkrai Ex (DEX)
  • 1 Absol (PLF)
Trainers: (37)
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Bianca
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 3 Catcher
  • 4 Laser
  • 3 Silver Bangle
  • 1 Silver mirror
  • 2 Dark claw
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Dark patch
  • 2 Super rod
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
Energy: (12)
  • 4 DCE
  • 8 Darkness Energy

Strategy is to start with either Bouffalant or Sableye. If starting with Bouffalant then I can power it up by turn 2 and go to town, otherwise it'll take a little longer if Sableye starts. Darkrai gives free retreat to all my Pokemon and also provides another route to attacking. Absol is another one off attacker that can be useful against non-EX attackers which Bouffalant struggles a little with.
Everything else in the deck Trainer-wise is standard; with the Silver Mirror being a tech for TDK and other Plasma heavy decks.

I have contemplated the idea of using Masquerain and various tools to speeding up the deck but as its an evolution I still cannot attack by turn 2 anyway. Also that variation seems a bit all over the place.
How viable would EXP Share be in something like this?
Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!

Took the liberty to edit your decklist to make it match our standards, dude! :D ~Kecleon

Sheriff_K said:
What happens when you come across a Virizion EX?

You can still either 2hko anything or catcher around or bring up and ko the Virizion then hook everything else

Cortel II said:
Sheriff_K said:
What happens when you come across a Virizion EX?

You can still either 2hko anything or catcher around or bring up and ko the Virizion then hook everything else
Yeah, Darkrai does setup a Catcher-OHKO even if you can't make use of Lasers. ^.^

Sheriff_K said:
Cortel II said:
Yeah, Darkrai does setup a Catcher-OHKO even if you can't make use of Lasers. ^.^

Yeah, exactly! Darkrai is another means towards getting that extra 30 damage if for some reason (virizion) I can't get it. (Secretly I hadn't thought of that so thankyou for answering that question for me :p)

Here's my forum on it: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-nxd-on-darkrai-bouffolant . I hope you didnt copy it.

Besides that, here's what I would change, consistency is so important in this deck since you need to keep up with other decks for this deck to be successful:

-1 Absol (testing it out, I've seen that this card is really unnecessary in the deck and also ruins consistency considering you start with it.)
-1 Bianca (1 Colress is better since your bench will get big very fast.)
-2 Dark Claw (it's unnecessary since you are not aiming to do 170 with Darkrai but rather 180 with Bouffalant.)
-2 Super Rod (even 1 isn't even worth it considering you have 4 Bouffalant, DCE, and it is horrible to have in a opening hand.)

+1 Tornadus EX (Kyurem is a bit of a buzzkill for this deck, but then again, all decks have this problem. The best counter this deck can use Tornadus EX unfortunatly, Power Blast + Hypnobank = 130. Plus the T1 60 is great against set-up decks.)
+1 Colress
+1 Catcher (4 catcher is a MUST in this deck considering you can do 30 to the bench with Darkrai.)
+1 Dark Patch (you need to have Darkrai get powered up in the back while Bouffalant does the opening damage and another helps you recover energy from a knock out.)
+1 Switch (even though Hypnobank takes a hit from Virizion, it is still around, and this lone card will save you some matches and also helps with the T1 Junk Hunt.)
+1 Tool Scrapper (tools are going to be big in every deck from now on, throwing in the other in exchange for a little consistency is more than worth it.)

Back