Booster Box question

MysteryE

Character Illustrator
I want to ask since I never buy a box...

How many boosters in each a box? 30?

What kind of bonus that we get from box? is the bonus all the same for the same expansion box? I mean, for example, 2 box Delta Species get 2 same bonus?

How many EX's in every box?

Is it far cheaper than buy 30 boosters?

Thank you! :)

36 packs per box

A boxtopper will be inserted in each box and its the same for each box

Average ex count is 3.

It is far cheaper than buyign seperate booosters especially these in Australia

Oh? 36 boosters?
hmm...
can I know, how much 1 booster in your country and how much is one box?

Average 3 EXs? so sometimes it's 2 or 4?
hmm... no wonder it's hard to get EX only from boosters (I only have 5 EXs)..

What is a boxtopper?
If I remember clearly, you got Rocket's Persian EX from buying a box? (I forgot in what expansion)

It's $3.29 a pack here in the U.S., and about $79.95 for a box, $69.95 if you know where to look.

The average of 3 exes means just that-3 exes. Unseen Forces apparently had issues with the print run and gave 2 exes in some boxes and 4 in others, while most had the normal 3 exes. Delta Species has completely broken the trend of normal ex ratios, with only 1 ex in a box. And from what I've heard, a * in a DS box does not replace the 1 ex.

A boxtopper is a holofoil card that is inserted inside the booster box.

The boxtoppers from HL on:

HL: Groudon
FRLG: Charmander
TRR: Charmeleon
DX: Rocket's Raikou ex
EM: Farfetch'd
UF: Rocket's Persian ex
DS: Azumarril

And that's it.

From what I believe, boxtopper cards cannot be found in booster packs and are only inserted in a booster box. While there is an average of 3 Ex's per booster box, I have heard of a few who have gotten 4 Ex's, which werent UF boxes either. Also, a * Pokemon is usually 1 in 3 Boxes.

So the price is about the same here...
no kidding, the box is expensive... you guys are lucky if got those box from being a judge or a winner... T,T

What?!
* Pokemon 1 in 3 box???
it's completely hard to get!!!!
but * Pokemon is not good for me...

Hmm... DS Box only have 1 EX?
how about the next set Legend Maker?

each box only give one boxtopper?
hmm... my friend said that there is a set who gave 1 of 2 boxtopper available... is that right??

I'm going to buy 1 box soon (I'm saving my money...)
which expansion should I choose?
I don't like DS...

RE:  Booster Box question

MysteryE said:
So the price is about the same here...
no kidding, the box is expensive... you guys are lucky if got those box from being a judge or a winner... T,T

What?!
* Pokemon 1 in 3 box???
it's completely hard to get!!!!
but * Pokemon is not good for me...

Hmm... DS Box only have 1 EX?
how about the next set Legend Maker?

each box only give one boxtopper?
hmm... my friend said that there is a set who gave 1 of 2 boxtopper available... is that right??

I'm going to buy 1 box soon (I'm saving my money...)
which expansion should I choose?
I don't like DS...
I would assume that the ex ratio for Legend Maker would be back to normal, as it has quite a few exes.

There -technically- was a few sets that had more than 1 boxtopper. That is, the 3 e-card expansions, but the boxtoppers were 1 out of 3 for each set of these giant see-through versions of cards in those sets.

Otherwise, there's only been one kind of boxtopper in each set.

And you're right Abhorsen, boxtoppers do not come in the packs themselves, but it's hard to explain exactly how they come in the box. They are sitting there, just a card sitting on a stack of packs.

And if you're saving money for a box, then stay very far away from DS. I'd say wait for Legend Maker, the cards in that set are far better than anything coming around for awhile. (Or is currently out for that matter)

>,<
so I only can get those Boxtopper from buying a box, not a booster?
no wonder there are not in the card list...

Yes, I just thinking to buy a Legend Maker box since it's US version of Eidolon Forest right?
when will they release the Legend Maker?
I want to order the box from now if possible...

In Hong Kong you can buy boxtoppers for $20. That rocks!
Boosters are also really good if you're lucky. U get an average of 1 ex per 7 packs (for me, that is)

in indonesia, 1 booster Rp 25.000-35.000
1US$=Rp 9000 (around that...)

1 Box = US$ 70 = Rp 630.000
wew...that's a lot of money...

IMO, Boxtoppers arent THAT good. Some are quite playable, but some are also pretty crappy. They are decent but not bad. Boxtoppers do indeed just come sitting in the box without sleeves, etc. I dont think Nintendo or whoever would have the time to sleeve everything yet they always come in good condition. Most boxtoppers can be found from other players for trade and most sites have them up to buy anyway for reasonable prices. Not really worth buying unless you REALLY want them, they arent extremely valuable but are worth more than a normal holo due to their rarity.

It's about 1 ex per 6 packs and 1 Pokemon* per 3 boxes which turns out to be something like 1 in 108 boosters. That looks wrong for some reason but it's extremely hard to crack a Shining in a random booster, most are found at pre-releases or booster drafts since alot of boosters are usually opened.

1 Ex per 6 packs? that's mean in a box you can get about 6 EXs?
But, till now I always buy 3-6 boosters but only get 3 EXs till now... 1 EXs got from buying it at the store, and the last one got from buying a tin...

* Pokemon are useless too (IMO) but why we only can use 1 each deck?

Boxtoppers are useless? hmm... then it's not a worth to buy...

RE:  Booster Box question

MysteryE said:
1 Ex per 6 packs? that's mean in a box you can get about 6 EXs?
But, till now I always buy 3-6 boosters but only get 3 EXs till now... 1 EXs got from buying it at the store, and the last one got from buying a tin...

* Pokemon are useless too (IMO) but why we only can use 1 each deck?

Boxtoppers are useless? hmm... then it's not a worth to buy...

Woops, I should have said 1 Ex per 12 packs. I wasnt thinking straight and still am not, lol.

Pokemon* arent 'Useless'. Most of them were very unplayable until DS came out since Kyogre* is actually playable. The only reason people like Pokemon* is that they are extremely valuable. Most of them may be kind of crappy but they look cool I gotta admit.

Boxtoppers arent THAT useless. They are decent cards, not too bad but also not broken where everyone plays them. Rocket's Persian ex is probably the best boxtopper out there.

*pokemon's art is nice and good for collection:p...rocket's raikou is one of the boxtoppers pokemon that have great attack;)

Back