TCG Fakes Blui's Image Fakes // A Return?

RE: Blui129's fake cards! The Un-tamable Bird 9.3.13

Thanks you guys so much :)

Here's its counterpart Xerneas in FA form
xerneas_ex_full_art_by_blui129-d5xw32m.png

Not the most powerful card, but its hard to make a card when you have no clue what the Pokemon does, but it still looks really, really cool.

Yveltal and Xerneas EX both look pretty cool. I can't help but feel that the glow around the text is a bit too soft, though. Try duplicating the text layers (with effects) and see what happens. Also, try putting some refractor foil on that EX symbol. Yveltal's foil could probably use a little more Dodge to make it shinier. Other than that (and perhaps lack of texture on the energy symbols), I love them!

Nekoban Ryo said:
Yveltal and Xerneas EX both look pretty cool. I can't help but feel that the glow around the text is a bit too soft, though. Try duplicating the text layers (with effects) and see what happens. Also, try putting some refractor foil on that EX symbol. Yveltal's foil could probably use a little more Dodge to make it shinier. Other than that (and perhaps lack of texture on the energy symbols), I love them!

I tried that, played around with the settings and it was still too strong (or just looked a bit weird).

I didn't go 100% texture because I don't really like it. I'll be using them on my set ones, but not the promo ones.

darkrai_ex_promo_by_blui129-d5y38gq.png

RE: Blui129's fake cards! Freddy? Is that you? 15.3.13

darkrai_full_art_by_blui129-d5yuaa0.png

Got my laptop back, had no ideas on what to make despite having the urge to make something. So here it is! A simple reprint.

Holosheet & textures: Nekoban Ryo
Blank & Symbols: Aschefield101

RE: Blui's Fakes! More Darkrai? 22.3.13

There is a lot of black under the outline, making it look... Un-professional. But, the textures look good, and it's an attractive card.

Arcticwhite said:
There is a lot of black under the outline, making it look... Un-professional. But, the textures look good, and it's an attractive card.

I know,I tried fixing it (multiple times) but it either looked waaaaaaay to thick (because all the lines are rather thin) or very, very uneven. I'll try again, as I am now on holidays but it'll probably stay the same.

Thanks for the feedback though!

zapdos_by_blui129-d604f2s.png

My CaC entry, I won't post it in the thread yet because I might want to change the wording or something.

RE: Blui's Fakes! Zeus' Pet Bird 2.4.13

Since Pokémon Prime came out before the BW sets, I'm pretty sure the wording for the first attack would be "Discard all [L] Energy attached to your Pokémon. This attack does 20 damage times the number of Energy cards discarded in this way." I think the wording you used would be correct if it were BW format.

Looks pretty real, though!

Yeah you're right, now I have to change the symbols and that bit of text :p

Thanks for the feedback!

zapdos__prime__by_blui129-d604f2s.png

regirock_ex_by_blui129-d60r893.png

Enjoy everyone! This a re-do with major edits though.

RE: Blui's Fakes! Regginator 10.4.13

That card looks a lot better than your other Full Arts. All it needs to look more attractive is a holo sheet to cover the Pokémon and background :)

Arcticwhite said:
That card looks a lot better than your other Full Arts. All it needs to look more attractive is a holo sheet to cover the Pokémon and background :)

I know, but I really dislike holo-sheets on the pokemon itself, just because it takes away the pleasure of seeing a cool pokemon rather than oh look it's shiny.
Thanks for the feedback!

What brushes you using Blui? They are coming out rather nicely (the golden star style brushes etc, regirock ex)

aschefield101 said:
What brushes you using Blui? They are coming out rather nicely (the golden star style brushes etc, regirock ex)

I use a few different brushes, and they all came from dA and are free use, after applying them in a colour like white (not really a colour, but you know), orange or yellow I apply some outer glow in various colours and play around with some other effects.

regice_ex_by_blui129-d615rf2.png

Couldn't wait to see if my wording was correct. (I think it is, looking at previous scans and whatnot, and I can always fix it.) Enjoy!

Back